The Future of the Daily Zone **** PLEASE READ ****

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell;3514745 said:
I 100% support whatever it takes to keep CZ online and Reality free from lawsuit.

All that said, I rather wish we didn't see this snippet model used in the fan zone area as well. I can just avoid the daily zone or only read the "headlines" as I have no desire to see even 1% of the re-directs.

Is it possible to push all the snippets to the Daily Zone?
Well not every item produced by a news organization is Daily Zone worthy, especially some blogs.

So you might have to skip over some of the snippet-type threads in the Fan Zone occasionally.

And actually the snippet-model is CZ-wide.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3514756 said:
Well not every item produced by a news organization is Daily Zone worthy, especially some blogs.

So you might have to skip over some of the snippet-type threads in the Fan Zone occasionally.

And actually the snippet-model is CZ-wide.

I'd urge a review of that process.
Blogs or anything content protected enough to require snippets imho is in fact Daily Zone worthy.

The fan zone is for non-copyright protected material imho.

It is a rather large model change and I see no reason to expose every thread to it. NFL and Daily definitely make sense.

Anyways, just my .2 cents as a regular reader. FWIW I have actively flamed DMN for their inane links to themselves via snippets in every blog imaginable on their own site.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell;3514771 said:
I'd urge a review of that process.
Blogs or anything content protected enough to require snippets imho is in fact Daily Zone worthy.

The fan zone is for non-copyright protected material imho.

It is a rather large model change and I see no reason to expose every thread to it. NFL and Daily definitely make sense.

Anyways, just my .2 cents as a regular reader. FWIW I have actively flamed DMN for their inane links to themselves via snippets in every blog imaginable on their own site.
The Fan Zone is for everything, copyright protected or not. The Daily Zone is for news, not every fluff opinion piece that can be found on the 'net. That's why some blog entries will stay in the FZ and some go in the DZ.

It's a big change, but a necessary one to protect Reality. And whether a thread contains a summary or snippets, a link will have to be provided, regardless of where its posted on the Zone.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
theogt;3501060 said:
Thought this might be the issue. No big deal having to click a link to read an article, IMO.

I don't think so either. Clicking an article can go right back to thread discussion. People go away from the site, and then come back. They're paranoid about traffic backlash from users wondering away from their sites or getting their content from another. But the ones that come here, come right back. So they shan't worry.

I get the whole traffic/content thing. It's just not as big of a deal. If someone wants to post a link, fine. Nothing says the user can't return to the site and click, click, click.

I disagree. It won't consolidate, it will just work differently--as in there are rules for content. People like content. It's knowledge that makes the world go around. I don't see it being an issue. To me it was sort of a legality issue from the beginning. That is, if I am to believe anything I learned in English 101.