The Genius of Jerruh

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
3005008_orig.jpg

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Gave up trying to be overly optimistic about this franchise, 20+ years of mediocrity does that to me.

Same here. The Cowboys are my team, probably always will be. If for no other reason than whenever they finally do win another Super Bowl (if they ever do, I'm certainly not saying it's inevitable, but it's possible), I'll be overjoyed.

And I still got "overly optimistic" until the 13-3, 13 Pro Bowler, team crapped the bed against a wild card Giants team that they'd already beaten twice that year AND go to play at home AND after a bye week.

At that point I just quit being very hopeful, just took a "what happens, happens" attitude, and I'm still there...

aria

Reaction score
Same here. The Cowboys are my team, probably always will be. If for no other reason than whenever they finally do win another Super Bowl (if they ever do, I'm certainly not saying it's inevitable, but it's possible), I'll be overjoyed.

And I still got "overly optimistic" until the 13-3, 13 Pro Bowler, team crapped the bed against a wild card Giants team that they'd already beaten twice that year AND go to play at home AND after a bye week.

At that point I just quit being very hopeful, just took a "what happens, happens" attitude, and I'm still there...
That game is my worst memory in the past 20 years, I still partly blame Romo and Cabo for that loss. The entire team got too cocky.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results..I sure hope this years draft and free agency signings makes us more 'normal" now.

kskboys

Reaction score
I love Jerry Jones. That’s not something you hear all the time, but I have to say it again. In fact I think I say it every August/September. Just hold on though, because before January I’ll probably hate him again. This is what makes Jerry a genius. Every year regardless of how much they let me down, by the time August comes around I’m reading every Cowboys article or blog on the Internet. I’m listening to Cowboys non stop on the Radio.com app. I’m finding every podcast (good and bad) that’s out there who mentions the Cowboys. And usually, I’m trying to determine what games I can go to closest to the PNW. As much as I hated the players, the coaches, SJ, Willy, and even JJ just 8 months ago, I once again have the belief that they are going to make me happy for a few months at the end of this year. For now, the faith has returned. And holy crap, during this horrible 2020, I could really use the Cowboys being competitors, in my life right now.

So I’ll give my apologies right now for all the things I might say in the game threads, and I’ll ask forgiveness from everyone I’ve made mad during this past offseason. Even though we all have different ways of expressing it, I know deep down almost everyone here loves the Cowboys, and I hope you know that I do as well. We can credit everything that has happened both good and bad for the past 25 years to the Genius Jerry Jones.
Jerry derails our super bowl chances by being a horrific GM. No love here.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I cant agree with everything the way it was written, I get the gist of your point and agree.

The guy makes us buy in year after year. Then when things go south we wonder how we didnt see it coming.

Its called......people believe what that want to believe.

I don't see it as him making us buy into it every year.
I buy into it as a fan every year as a fan. I do not need anyone pumping me up.

Even with Garrett coaching, I think every year, we can do this. Except his last few years of course. If he was to have remained the coach. I do seriously think half of us would not be posting, or as much.
Myself would have become one of the doom and bloomers, and rightfully so. :muttley:

Fans always go into the next season thinking...this is our year... even if they know the team is bad, they still think do a degree, this is our year, to at least improve, make a playoff push possibly.

But now new hope has arrived when Jerry hired MM. That part of his genius capacity (the HC coach part) was suppressed for 10 years. :laugh:

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't see it as him making us buy into it every year.
I buy into it as a fan every year as a fan. I do not need anyone pumping me up.

Even with Garrett coaching, I think every year, we can do this. Except his last few years of course. If he was to have remained the coach. I do seriously think half of us would not be posting, or as much.
Myself would have become one of the doom and bloomers, and rightfully so. :muttley:

Fans always go into the next season thinking...this is our year... even if they know the team is bad, they still think do a degree, this is our year, to at least improve, make a playoff push possibly.

But now new hope has arrived when Jerry hired MM. That part of his genius capacity (the HC coach part) was suppressed for 10 years. :laugh:
You're probably right.

It's just way more fun to blame Jerry lol.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He fired his prodigal son and hired MM, do you not love that part of him? :lmao2:
Went out kicking and screaming though didnt he?

Well, crying anyway.

As soon as the "offensive genius" needed to be demoted to walk around coach, then Moore had to be brought in to modernize things, where were we going?

kskboys

Reaction score
He fired his prodigal son and hired MM, do you not love that part of him? :lmao2:
Any love I might have one time felt for Jerry has been bad GMed out of me a long time ago. He had his chance to become a beloved GM, and tossed it aside. Someone beats the crapp out of me for 25 years, I'm not going to retain any positive feelings.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Jerry is going to be on the fan at 10:30.

All you guys who get your jollies from listening have fun.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I love Jerry Jones. That’s not something you hear all the time, but I have to say it again. In fact I think I say it every August/September. Just hold on though, because before January I’ll probably hate him again. This is what makes Jerry a genius. Every year regardless of how much they let me down, by the time August comes around I’m reading every Cowboys article or blog on the Internet. I’m listening to Cowboys non stop on the Radio.com app. I’m finding every podcast (good and bad) that’s out there who mentions the Cowboys. And usually, I’m trying to determine what games I can go to closest to the PNW. As much as I hated the players, the coaches, SJ, Willy, and even JJ just 8 months ago, I once again have the belief that they are going to make me happy for a few months at the end of this year. For now, the faith has returned. And holy crap, during this horrible 2020, I could really use the Cowboys being competitors, in my life right now.

So I’ll give my apologies right now for all the things I might say in the game threads, and I’ll ask forgiveness from everyone I’ve made mad during this past offseason. Even though we all have different ways of expressing it, I know deep down almost everyone here loves the Cowboys, and I hope you know that I do as well. We can credit everything that has happened both good and bad for the past 25 years to the Genius Jerry Jones.
Marketing Genius for sure.

No business savvy person would ever dream of debating that

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry is going to be on the fan at 10:30.

All you guys who get your jollies from listening have fun.
I honestly cannot comprehend how anyone can listen to him. When he comes on, I change the station.