The Giants winning today

Havic

Reaction score
Giants have a good defense now so they can keep games close even with a sub par offense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Micah Parson's has the potential to be a beast but he has only been playing LB'er two years and he is terrible in coverage (according to most scout reports). I'm worried about the instincts part.

Caleb Farley is a CB that has the most "potential", best ball instincts of the corners but he shouldn't be a top 5 pick. Even though he'd probably be better than any of the corners we currently have. Just not sure about the value at the pick. His ball instincts are pretty solid.

I kind of agree with Cavanaugh here, go with the OL guy if they can't trade down.. that's what they have the best luck at drafting.

Parsons is a risk. Like the corner pick. No way oline for me. Trade down or take the corner.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Would be the most embarrassing playoff appearance I've ever seen. Would prefer the team I root for not to be in that game. Anything could happen once you get there but I think a losing record should eliminate you no matter WHAT from having any kind of playoff game. Any team with a winning or even 8-8 record should go before you-- even if you won your division. They need a "Clause".

What would be the most hilarious is if that team actually won a playoff game with the losing record. Can you imagine being the team that lost? Their fans would murder themselves. haha

that anything can happen theory is garbage. Depends on the team and cowboys no way fall into that category.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Where did I say our team didn’t stink genius? I actually said the opposite, that our team sucks and so do the giants we just stink less. It means zero if New York makes the playoffs- they’ll be dusted off in round 1 because it’s a mirage they suck, we suck, the nfc East sucks.

Hey "genius"- you gonna man up after either NYG or WFT win their playoff game? Or do you put the probable "ultimate failure" clause in effect now to save face?

Either team is 50/50 to win Rd 1 @ worst.

whole I agree, we shouldn’t finish behind them- newsflash, we lost our starting qb and while we weren’t playing great w him, had he stayed healthy we would have won the division. I have zero doubts and as far as the giants beating Seattle- nice, good job New York.

had we beaten the Steelers guess what? It would have been a great win and we’d still suck ***

stiletto

Reaction score
that anything can happen theory is garbage. Depends on the team and cowboys no way fall into that category.

Yeah I hear you but it would be this teams luck to get a lucky bounce in a playoff game. Nevermind, no it wouldn't be. LOL. They'd lose 44-3

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What if they know Tyron is washed?

Martin will go to LT when smith is gone. But......if smith was 100% done for his career then you probably cant pass up the #1 tackle in the draft. It’s just this defense is sooo bad that we’re never doing anything until it’s fixed.

better off trading down one or two times and getting extra picks to take defense.

stiletto

Reaction score
Martin will go to LT when smith is gone. But......if smith was 100% done for his career then you probably cant pass up the #1 tackle in the draft. It’s just this defense is sooo bad that we’re never doing anything until it’s fixed.

better off trading down one or two times and getting extra picks to take defense.

100% agree but if no trade partner, I trust them more to get a good guy on the Oline than I do with Defense..especially in this draft. Just gotta go with the past proof and logic. We need a massive defensive haul, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

If we can get 3 or even 4 extra (combo 1st/2nd round) picks and trade down..it has to be for the defense. I just don't trust the Jones family to buy into that logical solution though. They love shiny things (offense).

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
100% agree but if no trade partner, I trust them more to get a good guy on the Oline than I do with Defense..especially in this draft. Just gotta go with the past proof and logic. We need a massive defensive haul, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

If we can get 3 or even 4 extra (combo 1st/2nd round) picks and trade down..it has to be for the defense. I just don't trust the Jones family to buy into that logical solution though. They love shiny things (offense).
Marinelli isn’t here anymore. Really not that tough to pick defensive guys. They stand out. Diggs and gallimore are working out fine.

Plus......this is a Oline draft. Which means there’s lots of them. If you really want one, you can get one later. Kinda like last year and wr’s.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Im not sure what Giants fans might say, and I haven’t actually been following JGs performance in NY closely. I do think the Giants are well-coached overall right now. And it’s showing up in that they’re improving and just beat an NFL playoff contender with their backup QB in the lineup.

FWIW, though, here’s what Jimmy Johnson thinks of Garrett as a HC fit for DET:

“They’re going to totally rebuild. They need a coach. I’m going to throw out a name for you. I know I’m biased but check out the facts on Jason Garrett. He was in a tough situation there in Dallas, he won the division three times, he was in the final eight four times with two different quarterbacks. Plus he’s doing a great job with that New York Giants offense and a depleted roster.”

I know the guy isn’t as knowledgeable as fans think they are, but he does know a thing or two about NFL coaching, and he does say some things that sound pretty familiar to me. Not sure where I’d heard it before, because everything before the coaching clinic Mike McCarthy has put on this season is a bit of a blur to me these days.

But wouldn’t it be weird if Jimmy’s right and the guy can coach at a high level and also that the issue in Dallas wasn’t really the coaching at all? IIRC, Jimmy said that, too, at one point.

The Giants are 30th out of 32 teams in scoring. They are 31 out of 32 teams in total offense. The only reason his offense isn't looking terrible is because the defense is looking good, keeping games low-scoring enough that it doesn't take much offense to win.

However, he can do better than he's doing with better offensive components. He just can't do well enough to take a team very far without the kind of defense New York is playing.

stiletto

Reaction score
Marinelli isn’t here anymore. Really not that tough to pick defensive guys. They stand out. Diggs and gallimore are working out fine.

Plus......this is a Oline draft. Which means there’s lots of them. If you really want one, you can get one later. Kinda like last year and wr’s.

Biadasz has been pretty exciting too if he didn't get hurt. He looked good as a rook to me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Biadasz has been pretty exciting too if he didn't get hurt. He looked good as a rook to me.
Exactly. Incredible draft last year. I expect another great one this year. Top 5 pick in each round would be just what this new regime needs to retool the roster for their schemes.

this isn’t garret the moron and Marrineli having input anymore.

stiletto

Reaction score
Exactly. Incredible draft last year. I expect another great one this year. Top 5 pick in each round would be just what this new regime needs to retool the roster for their schemes.

this isn’t garret the moron and Marrineli having input anymore.

I'm not sold....there is a common denominator to this team and all its' failures since Jimmy. I guess I am being like a woman and remembering really old stuff but to me there have been problems since WAY WAY before Marinelli and Garrett...we need a coach that keeps the Metro-Plex Joker (Jerry) on a chain. I guess it is McClay that has been the guy. If he leaves we are really screwed. Marinelli was a disaster for sure but that's only the last 5-6 years. You know the wrong decisions have been going on since 1994 right? LOL

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Colt McCoy...Jason Garrett...some of you are obsessed with offense. McCoy had 105 yards and a pick. Defense won that game.

Defense also won for Washington tonight. Perhaps the Cowboys should actually get serious about it?

dfense

Reaction score
Did someone question that? Even though they lost to this same Cowboys team lol.
Actually, yes, you did. quote, "The Giants suck so I don't care what they are doing."

They have steadily improved since they played Dallas.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Ehh you may not know the names of their defensive players but there are definitely some names over there. Leonard Williams, Blake Martinez for sure.....Giants have did well on defense. Sucks to say. The only difference between there defense and ours is its not full of overhyped players the media and fans have overrated. Those guys have earned it. At least this year.
Our team has been overhyped and overrated by the fan base, the media and Jerry Jones for over 20 years!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually, yes, you did. quote, "The Giants suck so I don't care what they are doing."

They have steadily improved since they played Dallas.
Where in that quote did I say the Cowboys were better than the Giants lol? The hell?