The Giants winning today

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
sure is a lot of Giants fans in here we've been infiltrated , they've been lurking for the giants to be 5-7 to come out and shame our 3rd string Cowboys team..
Yeah my mind is boggled. I guess the Giants fans been hiding for the past few years. Good for them they finally are playing meaningful football even though they have more losses than wins.....

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Great defense and solid coaching in NY.

Most likely Garrett will be a HC sooner than later.
He doesnt know D, and even if our wish to have a predictable coach as div opponent for some time is true, not going to happen

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I mean while true let's look at what the Giants have done. Its not like they are just swinging at defensive guys and hitting. Has nothing to do with personnel IMO....their coaches are getting the best out of their players.

The Giants will be better and start winning and actually make the playoffs before the Cowboys. Count on it. That team is rebuilding, and they are finding their way back but the Cowboys are lost in the wilderness thanks to one mans ego.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Highlights how atrocious the Cowboys have played this season in all facets, and how woefully prepared to compete they have been through 11 contests.

A lousy 2019 team, and a team that lost it's first 5 games.

The Giants lost their best player, lost their QB, and with minimal offensive weapons kept playing and just easily beat a Super Bowl contender with an MVP candidate QB.

If the Giants get in to the post season (they are now very likely to do so): they will win at least 1 game.

Great job 2020 Cowboys. Perhaps the most worthless team in franchise history.

Seattle is absolutely not a SB contender. Russell is a regular season fraud as usual whose ceiling is a wild card round win. No idea why people pimp this team year after year.

CWR

Reaction score
This thread is stupid. The Giants winning has nothing to do with Dallas having a bad season. Our injuries don't compare either. Someone has to win the division. Its either NY or Philly. I still remember when you jackwagons were telling me Philly was a lock to dominate the division for the next 5 years plus.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ask a Giants fan how they feel about Garrett. Looking at this with rose colored glasses

Im not sure what Giants fans might say, and I haven’t actually been following JGs performance in NY closely. I do think the Giants are well-coached overall right now. And it’s showing up in that they’re improving and just beat an NFL playoff contender with their backup QB in the lineup.

FWIW, though, here’s what Jimmy Johnson thinks of Garrett as a HC fit for DET:

“They’re going to totally rebuild. They need a coach. I’m going to throw out a name for you. I know I’m biased but check out the facts on Jason Garrett. He was in a tough situation there in Dallas, he won the division three times, he was in the final eight four times with two different quarterbacks. Plus he’s doing a great job with that New York Giants offense and a depleted roster.”

I know the guy isn’t as knowledgeable as fans think they are, but he does know a thing or two about NFL coaching, and he does say some things that sound pretty familiar to me. Not sure where I’d heard it before, because everything before the coaching clinic Mike McCarthy has put on this season is a bit of a blur to me these days.

But wouldn’t it be weird if Jimmy’s right and the guy can coach at a high level and also that the issue in Dallas wasn’t really the coaching at all? IIRC, Jimmy said that, too, at one point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
well it would be good if they got a good corner or lb # 1, but they wont do that.
jerry has never taken a lb # 1 ,and his corners were a bust.

I would rather have seen them make the playoffs, but they are not even in the hunt now.
Playoff if the team actually was good or earned it. Backing in at 6-10 is pointless.

stiletto

Reaction score
I’ll take that bet. I think it will be a corner or the penn state linebacker.

Micah Parson's has the potential to be a beast but he has only been playing LB'er two years and he is terrible in coverage (according to most scout reports). I'm worried about the instincts part.

Caleb Farley is a CB that has the most "potential", best ball instincts of the corners but he shouldn't be a top 5 pick. Even though he'd probably be better than any of the corners we currently have. Just not sure about the value at the pick. His ball instincts are pretty solid.

I kind of agree with Cavanaugh here, go with the OL guy if they can't trade down.. that's what they have the best luck at drafting.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Im not sure what Giants fans might say, and I haven’t actually been following JGs performance in NY closely. I do think the Giants are well-coached overall right now. And it’s showing up in that they’re improving and just beat an NFL playoff contender with their backup QB in the lineup.

FWIW, though, here’s what Jimmy Johnson thinks of Garrett as a HC fit for DET:

“They’re going to totally rebuild. They need a coach. I’m going to throw out a name for you. I know I’m biased but check out the facts on Jason Garrett. He was in a tough situation there in Dallas, he won the division three times, he was in the final eight four times with two different quarterbacks. Plus he’s doing a great job with that New York Giants offense and a depleted roster.”

I know the guy isn’t as knowledgeable as fans think they are, but he does know a thing or two about NFL coaching, and he does say some things that sound pretty familiar to me. Not sure where I’d heard it before, because everything before the coaching clinic Mike McCarthy has put on this season is a bit of a blur to me these days.

But wouldn’t it be weird if Jimmy’s right and the guy can coach at a high level and also that the issue in Dallas wasn’t really the coaching at all? IIRC, Jimmy said that, too, at one point.

it would be interesting if they were to hire will mcclay too.

also this season has been the most poorly coach season of cowboys football I can remember and i have been watching since the mid 80's.

Last weeks fake punt might be the worst coaching decision I have ever seen. That bizarre formation washington ran under jim zorn back in 09 was tops on the list until this idiot ran a fake punt and killed the team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Micah Parson's has the potential to be a beast but he has only been playing LB'er two years and he is terrible in coverage (according to most scout reports). I'm worried about the instincts part.

Caleb Farley is a CB that has the most "potential", best ball instincts of the corners but he shouldn't be a top 5 pick. Even though he'd probably be better than any of the corners we currently have. Just not sure about the value at the pick. His ball instincts are pretty solid.

I kind of agree with Cavanaugh here, go with the OL guy if they can't trade down.. that's what they have the best luck at drafting.

sorry no OL! absolutely would be nice any other year, we need defense PERIOD! te OL is more then covered when they come back for 2021

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The Giants just showed you why you do not tank- until mathematical elimination.

They will probably be hosting a playoff game- likely against the team they just manhandled after starting 0-5.

The logic is they just beat a lock playoff team, that routinely beats other lock playoff teams. I've seen this story before. The Giants are trash until they're not.

They should play confident football for the rest of 2020. They've been in every game this season and are 5-2 since starting 0-5.

The Cowboys have done zero this whole season except play stupid, terrible, mistake prone football. 11 weeks in and we are a bottom 3 team in the NFL.

There's no excuse finishing behind any team in the East, least of all NYG. Our team stinks to high heaven.

Where did I say our team didn’t stink genius? I actually said the opposite, that our team sucks and so do the giants we just stink less. It means zero if New York makes the playoffs- they’ll be dusted off in round 1 because it’s a mirage they suck, we suck, the nfc East sucks.

whole I agree, we shouldn’t finish behind them- newsflash, we lost our starting qb and while we weren’t playing great w him, had he stayed healthy we would have won the division. I have zero doubts and as far as the giants beating Seattle- nice, good job New York.

had we beaten the Steelers guess what? It would have been a great win and we’d still suck ***

stiletto

Reaction score
sorry no OL! absolutely would be nice any other year, we need defense PERIOD! te OL is more then covered when they come back for 2021

The problem is the value of the pick. At 4-5, we are going to end up paying a Defensive guy 6-8 mill a year and he might not even be able to beat out a guy like Diggs. None of the CB's are guaranteed to be that good this draft. Pass rushers are weak, LB'ers are not home run's. Safeties are not even close to the previous two draft classes. Pretty much all scouting reports are saying there is no top 5 defensive guy in the draft. It's risky. Hopefully we can trade down and take a zillion players on Defense. LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
The problem is the value of the pick. At 4-5, we are going to end up paying a Defensive guy 6-8 mill a year and he might not even be able to beat out a guy like Diggs. None of the CB's are guaranteed to be that good this draft. Pass rushers are weak, LB'ers are not home run's. Safeties are not even close to the previous two draft classes. Pretty much all scouting reports are saying there is no top 5 defensive guy in the draft. It's risky. Hopefully we can trade down and take a zillion players on Defense. LOL
there are more defenders available

lets wait to debate our draft ick prior to the actual day its announced, not all this talk before it happens we could be at 6-10 we dont know yet..

diggs will be a starter no need to beat him out we will need a replacement for most likely Awuzie , lewis and brown could be backups or out as well..

we need it all come draft day there will have been combine and more info on potential picks at our actual spot..

all those wanting to keep BJ at his cost and still say it and you are saying not one DB, DT, or LB is worth taking?

still someone might want the OT and we can trade down but that not given at 5/6

im sure a few SEC and other big name DT or LB will end up rising up the boards and we will take BPA..ON DEFENSE

Last edited:

stiletto

Reaction score
there are more defenders available

lets wait to debate our draft ick prior to the actual day its announced, not all this talk before it happens we could be at 6-10 we dont know yet..

still someone might want the OT and we can trade down but that not given at 5/6

im sure a few SEC and other big name DT or LB will end up rising up the boards and we will take BPA..ON DEFENSE

I could see us taking Surtain II.

stiletto

Reaction score
Playoff if the team actually was good or earned it. Backing in at 6-10 is pointless.

Would be the most embarrassing playoff appearance I've ever seen. Would prefer the team I root for not to be in that game. Anything could happen once you get there but I think a losing record should eliminate you no matter WHAT from having any kind of playoff game. Any team with a winning or even 8-8 record should go before you-- even if you won your division. They need a "Clause".

What would be the most hilarious is if that team actually won a playoff game with the losing record. Can you imagine being the team that lost? Their fans would murder themselves. haha

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Giants will be better and start winning and actually make the playoffs before the Cowboys. Count on it. That team is rebuilding, and they are finding their way back but the Cowboys are lost in the wilderness thanks to one mans ego.
That same Giants team just lost to the Cowboys when Dak got hurt and Dalton came in lol....I mean look I get it. Its easy to beat up on the Cowboys now. They deserve it. But man.......Giants are not the way to go about it. Being the best in the NFC East means nothing. They have nothing to build on the offensive side of the football....unless you believe in Daniels Jones, Saquon's health and Evan Engram. I do like Slayton as a #2 though.