The Giants winning today

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Giants are 30th out of 32 teams in scoring. They are 31 out of 32 teams in total offense. The only reason his offense isn't looking terrible is because the defense is looking good, keeping games low-scoring enough that it doesn't take much offense to win.

However, he can do better than he's doing with better offensive components. He just can't do well enough to take a team very far without the kind of defense New York is playing.

Tell it to Jimmy.

I know the NY offense hasn’t been playing all that well. They aren’t very talented right now and had been platooning both their OGs and OTs until a few weeks ago. But football is a team sport. You can win with good defense and a ball control offense if you can sustain drives and don’t turn over the football. Which is what they’ve been doing the here the back half of the season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tell it to Jimmy.

I know the NY offense hasn’t been playing all that well. They aren’t very talented right now and had been platooning both their OGs and OTs until a few weeks ago. But football is a team sport. You can win with good defense and a ball control offense if you can sustain drives and don’t turn over the football. Which is what they’ve been doing the here the back half of the season.

GMs are wrong every year about coaches, so Jimmy is no different.

My belief based on 10 years of watching Garrett is that he can put together a pretty good offense, but he's limited in how good he can make the offense, so he needs a pretty good defense to team with it in order to win. However, his philosophy for building a team is that it's a process, so he can never form a good-enough all-around team before parts of it start falling apart.

That could be fixed, though, with a GM that follows his own philosophy for building a team, not taking the long way around. Garrett's method forced Dallas to need an elite offense to win, because he built that side of the ball while the defense languished.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
You don't understand football at all.

I had the Seahawks and the money line. That's why the Giants won.

The end.

robertfchew

Reaction score
I would fire McCarthy the monday morning after week 17.

one of the guys on my short list to interview and maybe hire is Patrick Graham.

The issue is though he has come up in blue collar organizations with blue collar approaches so he probably wouldn't work out with the owners here.

When the Giants are good its traditionally through defense.

I’d bring back eberflus if he was interested or at least give bienemy a shot. No more retread scrub

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Let’s not go crazy now. The Giants could have lost everyone of those games they won on that little streak and they are still under 500.

Same can be said the other way they could have 2 or 3 more wins.