The great big Romo Stinks thread *Merged*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2956167 said:
I can't even have Tony in my sig anymore. Used to do it as a way of wishing he would figure it out but at this point, I've lost all hope.

He's a loser. Plain and simple, he just doesn't have it in him to be a QB who can be counted on regularly.

If you are going to playoffs and have to win 4 games from wildcard to Superbowl, odds are Tony will cost your team somewhere. Just cannot win with him playing like that.

He hasn't gone 2 games without fumbling or throwing an INT.

That's awful.

Honestly, it wouldn't mean that much to me if the rest of my week wouldn't suck after a loss.

Don't know about the rest of you guys but after a loss, I hate every second of the upcoming week until Friday. This week will be a long one. Thanks Tony. You're my hero. You turned what should have been a blowout by a large margin into a loss by a small margin. Good job.
agreed. now i just need hos to delete my user title

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2956279 said:
At least one part of your statement was accurate. Can't say much for the rest.

you don't think throwing the ball to a Wr with help over the top is a bad decision? even if the CB is trailing, like he was on the 3rd INT, he's covered, cuz a safety is sitting there waiting the pluck the ball, which he did

that's Tony's staple INT

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Blackspider214;2956269 said:
I agree. Romo definitely loses that game today Sanchez played in against the Pats. He would throw a horrible pass somewhere and cost them the game.

What about Tom Brady today?

I love how people think we should have blown the Giants out like they don't have a good football team or something lol.

Nav22

Reaction score
Tom Brady is a bum now, too. Ditto Ben Roethlisberger.

elcocinero

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2956291 said:
you don't think throwing the ball to a Wr with help over the top is a bad decision?

He didnt see the safety behind Hurd, it was just a missed read, not a bad decision.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2956279 said:
At least one part of your statement was accurate. Can't say much for the rest.

So you think his decision to air it out towards the end of the game was good?

Ha!

This guy IS Murphys Law.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
elcocinero;2956284 said:
All of those players were drafted high. We will constantly win between 8-10 games and never be able to draft a QB of their caliber.

Joe Flacco was drafted 18th.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
gbrittain;2956146 said:
If we want to bench people can we bench the whole defense?

The run D was great today I thought. Our secondary had a bad game, but I really feel like they're better than what we saw tonight. They're young and should get better. However with Romo pushing 30 and still making the same mistakes over and over, it's hard to see much improvement there in the future.

SC Cowboyfan

Reaction score
postal;2955684 said:
If I were the coach bench him for a series or two,we win tonight if Kitna was in for a couple of those series.:mad:

This game was embarassing BUT you dont bench your starting franchise QB in the second game of the season...........its upto Garrett to prove his worth as a offensive coordinator and get Romo to stop making poor decisions and realize the importance of not turning the ball over......

gbrittain

Reaction score
JonJon;2956271 said:
One of my female friend that doesn't even watch football knows that Romo cost the team the game. She said, "The Cowboys would have won if that QB wasn't so careless with the ball. Maybe he needs glasses?"

I fell out laughing...

I would be curious what your very astute friend said about our defense? I am big Romo supporter and I cannot defend him tonight, but my point remains.

If you could have your pick of QBs, we are still left with 11 guys on defense that cannot make a play.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
elcocinero;2956296 said:
He didnt see the safety behind Hurd, it was just a missed read, not a bad decision.

Thanks for the insight. Next time you're on the phone talking with Romo about what happened, tell him he's an ******* for me. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I cannot believe you guys.

The overreacting here is absolutely laughable right now.

Romo had a bad game - no one is debating that.

But the rest of **** in this thread is a ****ing joke and you should be embarassed to be posting it.

-Get rid of Romo?
-Draft Bradford?
-Romo is "terrible"?

Complete and utter garbage by the majority of this board right now. Yes he had a horrible game...get over it and stop over-reacting.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Rampage;2956226 said:
Romo has more weapons than any other qb in the league.
He doesn't have a good defense

Compare the 81 Cowboys withe 09 version on defense.

Hell just take a look at the secondary and that's your answer.

and

White had Dorsett Pearson Hill Cosbie Springs DuPree Butch Johnson

Those were pretty good weapons I reckon .

neosapien23

Reaction score
Tony Romo cost the team this game today, but everyone has a bad game. Today was not his day. I would say something like well maybe he will learn from this, but he does the same mistakes over and over again. Romo will be another Brett Favre. It will be feast or faminine with him. He will make spectacular plays and then do the dumbest things to put the other team back in the game.

robjgrif

Reaction score
Well if Romo isn't going any where, then Garrett must GOOOOOOOOO!!!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'm done with him until he proves me otherwise. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 20 different times, that's a big time shame on me.

We seriously need to look at a QB either in FA, trade or the draft and hope to replace him (if McGee can't do it in 2010). I'd love to see us trade a 4th rounder for Tyler Thigpen. However, I see NONE of this being thought of or happening because he's got Garrett, Jerry and Stephen fooled as well. At this rate, we are NEVER winning ONE playoff game if Romo is our QB. Until he proves me wrong, I will remain steadfast in this belief and that we need to makes steps to replace him.

And I'm changing my sig

YAKUZA

grp05

Reaction score
And just to be clear, everybody understands that if we did get rid of Romo, he would go on to win countless super bowls and mvp awards? It would certainly befit the typical Dallas sports scene. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.