The great big Romo Stinks thread *Merged*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2956455 said:
I don't want him replaced, I know he's great

I just don't want to see the same horrible mechanics that he continually showcases

Ah, ok.

Sorry. With all the back and forth going on, I am getting confused as to who is saying what.

I agree with this post of yours.....

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
cowboys#1;2956419 said:
durr it proves that our choke artist is a lets say...a choke artist!
Ben and brady winning super bowls proves Romo is a choke artist?

I can see logic is your strong suit.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
grp05;2956332 said:
And just to be clear, everybody understands that if we did get rid of Romo, he would go on to win countless super bowls and mvp awards? It would certainly befit the typical Dallas sports scene. :(
Might as well. He isn't winning any here.
ChldsPlay;2956334 said:
It's not a bad decision if he didn't see him, it's just a mistake, if he did see him, then obviously it was bad. But one bad decision doesn't constitute a trend, it's just one bad decision. He hasn't made many bad decisions in the 2 games this season. He hasn't been perfect with his decisions, but he hasn't been bad at all.
It's not just the last two games. This has been going on for years.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Vintage;2956443 said:
Romo was awful.

I don't deny that.

But I am not convinced we need to replace him based on 2 games worth of evidence this season.

There are still 14 more games to go.

You people. Its not like these are his first 2 games in the NFL. He has made the same mistakes for the past 2.5 years, the same. And, he has said the same ol line of "I have to get better and I will". He is the same QB as last year. You don't need another 14 games to know how he is going to play.

I dont know what the answer is, I doubt benching him is the answer, but I think this off season we really have to look at coming up with a viable option.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
utrunner07;2956477 said:
You people. Its not like these are his first 2 games in the NFL. He has made the same mistakes for the past 2.5 years, the same. And, he has said the same ol line of "I have to get better and I will". He is the same QB as last year. You don't need another 14 games to know how he is going to play.

I dont know what the answer is, I doubt benching him is the answer, but I think this off season we really have to look at coming up with a viable option.

I say bench his ***. It worked for Mcnabb. He needs a fire lit under his ***. QUICK!

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2956482 said:
I say bench his ***. It worked for Mcnabb. He needs a fire lit under his ***. QUICK!

Given how Jon Kitna played in the preseason, we would essentially concede a game.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
utrunner07;2956477 said:

What mistakes did he make? Besides throwing poor passes name me one mistake he made besides not seeing a defender?

He didnt take unncessary sacks, he didnt fumble the ball, and he didnt lock on to receivers or throw into double/triple coverage.

I'd love to hear how he's making the same mistakes.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Monster Heel;2956488 said:
Given how Jon Kitna played in the preseason, we would essentially concede a game.

Which really isn't different from how Romo played tonight.

wileedog

Reaction score

Awesome.

Lets have Jon Kitna, he of the 0-16 season, take over and steer this ship to glory!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2956490 said:
What mistakes did he make? Besides throwing poor passes name me one mistake he made besides not seeing a defender?

He didnt take unncessary sacks, he didnt fumble the ball, and he didnt lock on to receivers or throw into double/triple coverage.

I'd love to hear how he's making the same mistakes.

Well, aside from throwing multiple INTs a game Bledsoe didn't make any mistakes either.

Jesus, how can you defend the guy. He was off tonight in a bad way. His throws were all over the place, he was behind his guys, he throw passes he shouldn't have throw and just plain sucked.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I say bench his ***/quote]

:laugh2:

Good plan, because Jon Kitna has multiple playoff wins and several SB rings under his belt.

Cowboy_n_NY

Reaction score
"I dont know what the answer is, I doubt benching him is the answer, but I think this off season we really have to look at coming up with a viable option."

Well Ah, for give me, but...Why not bench him!?!?! Mcnabb had a bad half in a game last year and they benched him. McNabb has at least won a playoff game!!

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2956490 said:

I lol'd.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2956507 said:
Well, aside from throwing multiple INTs a game Bledsoe didn't make any mistakes either.

Jesus, how can you defend the guy. He was off tonight in a bad way. His throws were all over the place, he was behind his guys, he throw passes he shouldn't have throw and just plain sucked.

I'm defending the fact that he didnt make the same mistakes as he did in the past, he simply did not play well. The only play that I could even slightly say was "last year-esque" was the throw to Hurd, but Phillips was so deep Romo didn't even see him. Yes that's a mistake, but a completely different type of mistake.

I'm not defending his performance. I've said in several posts so far that he had a horrible game, the worst I've seen from him since Buffalo.

*edit* And I can defend the guy because he's the starting QB for my favorite team, and is one of the best QB's in the game. YES I'm saying that after his performance tonight.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
DIAF;2956514 said:

Yes that was poorly worded by me.

What MENTAL mistakes did he make. No QB is going to throw the ball perfect every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.