The great big Romo Stinks thread *Merged*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;2956397 said:
People, all I could say to close this topic out is that Tony Romo is the next Danny White.

:hammer:

I don't know why people keep making this comparison. Danny White won playoff games.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;2956408 said:
Last week, it was the run defense that sucked and the soup de jour was we needed a fat NT to move Ratliff outside. And Romo played solid against Tampa.

This week, Romo played horribly, and the run defense was stout, and Ratliff was making plays....

Its hard to grasp what this team is, only 2 weeks into the season.

but Romo is essentially the same guy every year

looks like Drew Brees, and then turns into Quincy Carter

grp05

Reaction score
No one expected to go undefeated. It's the fact that we lost the EXACT SAME WAY as the other years. If we had simply been outplayed by a good Giants team, I would be fine, I saw 3 INTs, poor play calling, missed tackles, horrible coverage, and zero sacks or turnovers. That's a little too reminiscent of last year.

I know it's only one loss, but the way it happened smells a lot like 9-7, a first round playoff loss, and "next year we'll get em."

Tikkanen

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;2956397 said:
People, all I could say to close this topic out is that Tony Romo is the next Danny White.

Hey, at least Danny White won playoff games, which Tony Romo still hasn't done.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2955503 said:
Want to shout at Romo...keep it within the guidelines and let's put it in this thread.

see last season's comments.

ditto for the coaching.

my only surprise is that Romo's throws still look as limp as they did last year even though he's healthy. in the pocket he often appears to "guide" his passes and he doesn't look confident. and I'm not just talking about tonight.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
grp05;2956417 said:
No one expected to go undefeated. It's the fact that we lost the EXACT SAME WAY as the other years. If we had simply been outplayed by a good Giants team, I would be fine, I saw 3 INTs, poor play calling, missed tackles, horrible coverage, and zero sacks or turnovers. That's a little too reminiscent of last year.

I know it's only one loss, but the way it happened smells a lot like 9-7, a first round playoff loss, and "next year we'll get em."

Don't think 9-7 is gonna do it. The Giants aren't going to be dropping lots games I don't suppose and that late season Eagles' surge is impending.

JGalt

Reaction score
I'm really upset over this loss. They played well enough to win except for Romo. I'm pretty close to calling Romo just a talented clown. He's just like his hero Favre. Careless with the ball. Favre never learned. Doesn't look like Tony ever will either.

elcocinero

Reaction score
utrunner07;2956426 said:
Why would they come to his defense? The oline and running backs played great. If anyone should come to his defense it would be Garrett.
I think he was saying that he hopes he plays better.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Tikkanen;2956418 said:
Hey, at least Danny White won playoff games, which Tony Romo still hasn't done.

How many playoff games has our defense won? Huh? Defense wins championships right?

That is right, Romo sucked, but I am so tired of Romo being the only guy people notice is on the field.

Go ahead and accuse of me of defending Romo...because I am not. How about the defense stepping up every now and then. Might help.

0 Ints and zero sacks again. Manning looked like Joe Cool in the pocket. This is a team game and this was another team loss.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Monster Heel;2956414 said:
I don't know why people keep making this comparison. Danny White won playoff games.

You're right. Now, that's sad when you can't even get over the hump of winning a playoff game. I believe Quincy Carter would've did it before Tony Romo sad to say.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2956415 said:
but Romo is essentially the same guy every year

looks like Drew Brees, and then turns into Quincy Carter

And outside of Brady that miraculous season, what QB doesn't have bad games peppered in during a 16 game season.

Romo was awful.

I don't deny that.

But I am not convinced we need to replace him based on 2 games worth of evidence this season.

There are still 14 more games to go.

We'll get our answer in regards to Romo at some point this season. I just think 2 games into the season is way too premature to know one way or another.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
gbrittain;2956436 said:
How many playoff games has our defense won? Huh? Defense wins championships right?

That is right, Romo sucked, but I am so tired of Romo being the only guy people notice is on the field.

Go ahead and accuse of me of defending Romo...because I am not. How about the defense stepping up every now and then. Might help.

0 Ints and zero sacks again. Manning looked like Joe Cool in the pocket. This is a team game and this was another team loss.

well, this is a thread about Tony Romo

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
gbrittain;2956436 said:

Well buddy, you're in the wrong section, you need to take your anger to "The Big Great Defense Stinks" thread. This is the Romo section, apparently.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
gbrittain;2956436 said:

He's the QB, he gets too much credit for winning and too much blame for losing.

That's the way it is.

Tonight, he deserves all the blame he gets.

He played like ****. I was embarrassed. Easily one of his worst games as a Cowboy.

But don't worry. He's gonna work hard to fix it!!!!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;2956443 said:
And outside of Brady that miraculous season, what QB doesn't have bad games peppered in during a 16 game season.

Romo was awful.

I don't deny that.

But I am not convinced we need to replace him based on 2 games worth of evidence this season.

There are still 14 more games to go.

We'll get our answer in regards to Romo at some point this season. I just think 2 games into the season is way too premature to know one way or another.

I don't want him replaced, I know he's great 95% of the time

I just don't want to see the same horrible mechanics that he continually showcases

he's still chucking up passes like a JV QB from Saint Mary's

Status
Not open for further replies.