The greatest frontmen/women of alltime in the musical arts

cowboyec

Reaction score
greatest solo artist:Elvis...best voice,best moves,greatest entertainer who ever lived or will live...watch Thats The Way It Is.

When I think "frontman", I think band....hard for me to pick just one so I'll list my favs:
•Ronnie Van Zant,Lynyrd Skynyrd
•Paul Stanley,KISS
•David Lee Roth,Van Halen
•Bruce Springsteen,E St Band

if you made me pick who the best one is from that group....Paul Stanley,KISS.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok so we all got favorites opinions debates etc.

Blah i posted to early.

So what i'm saying is who is the best singer, performer, entertainer at the front in all of modern history.

For me i got

#1 Michael Jackson, i'm not a fan, but he is the Jordan of frontmen to me, if i judge without other outside scenarios being involved, well he's the best.

#2 Elvis Presley, what else need i type?

#3 Mick Jagger, longevity matched by none!

Can you beat it?
Freddie Mercury

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A man or woman singing the lead at the front while others are playing Instruments live on stage. I'm not sure if Michael Jackson qualifies, i never saw his shows mostly just studio stuff. He is a exceptional performer none the less.

Without Michael Jackson my list would look something like this.

Elvis Presley
Mick Jagger
Bruce Springsteen
David Bowie
Robert Plant

Freddie Mercury was a elite talent, i rarely listened to Queen so i am unsure where to rank him.

Madonna is also someone that i don't know if there were live instruments being played while she was performing, but if so i would think she needs to be on this list somewhere as well.

U2 was one of my favorite bands when i was a youngster. Bono in his prime was amazing, ever since the bicycle disaster Bono looks like he has given up on his craft. I wont go see U2 again till Bono gets serious, and that may never happen.
Freddie was incredible. As a front man, my favorite.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
No discussion of great frontmen is complete without including George Clinton of Parliament/Funkadelic. One of the greatest frontman/entertainer of all time. I've been to hundreds of shows, all different genres of music, but hands down the best concert I have ever attended was George Clinton and the P-Funk All-Stars. It was the full show, 3hr no break, no-stop funk party and when the Mothership lands on stage and Dr. Funkenstein glides down the steps, it's glorious! At any one time there might be a circus of 30+ musicians/dancers on the stage with George as the funky ringleader.

Vomit

Reaction score
Jim Morrison, Bruce Dickinson, Lemmy, Valient Himself (from Valient Thorr).

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Ok so we all got favorites opinions debates etc.

Blah i posted to early.

So what i'm saying is who is the best singer, performer, entertainer at the front in all of modern history.

For me i got

#1 Michael Jackson, i'm not a fan, but he is the Jordan of frontmen to me, if i judge without other outside scenarios being involved, well he's the best.

#2 Elvis Presley, what else need i type?

#3 Mick Jagger, longevity matched by none!

Can you beat it?
I'd say hands down, Elvis. Not even a close second to him. There can be only one King.