The Hatred for our team is embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracula

Reaction score
In the last 25 years since he's been the owner the Cowboys have gained value to the point where they are the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

He has done his absolute best in that length of time to market them in a positive way to increase their value as well as the leagues to the point of being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
So yes he has proved positive to me and the rest of the football viewing world that does not live under a rock that he cares about how much the Cowboys are worth
Worth, yes. Successful, no. If he was worried about his success, he would have canned his own sorry *** decades ago.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Have to remember not all of the posters on this site are actually Cowboys fans. Some other teams' fans that just love to come on here and spread vitriol...

Sully

Reaction score
I get on here daily and I see so much hatred for the team, coach, owner, QB, RB.....etc....I don't get it...

It's 100% frustration. This franchise looks more like the Detroit Lions than the Dallas Cowboys. Why? This century, only one team has less playoff wins than Dallas (3) and that is Detroit with zero. That's embarrassing

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I get on here daily and I see so much hatred for the team, coach, owner, QB, RB.....etc....I don't get it...
Tha is because your cognitive abilities are eroding. A man of your age, hard drinker, angry and then avuncular. All that pig meat affects you at this stage of your life.
Make sure your septic tank and outhouse are at least 100 feet from any water pipes or source.
Good luck, confused elder.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Might like him more. Lol

How well do you know him? Meeting him a handful of times isn't the same as having a relationship. Not saying you're wrong to dislike him, just wondering how deep the rabbit hole goes.

@Ranching hates anyone with an opinion. But he loves dak and jerry.

jsb357

Reaction score
I see so much hatred for the team

I would guess it boils down to your definition of hate.

Historically I see...

the lack of confidence in upper management.

questioning the leadership of the HC

worry about the owner overpaying and reaching on players

and in general, fans looking at the results over the last couple of decades
and wondering if they will ever see championship caliber performance
from this franchise ever again.

and it's frustrating.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why does anyone here feel compelled to attack or defend anyone's position about this team and how they feel about it?

There is 0 relationship with the level of any fan's fanhood and how they feel about their team. Positive fans are not better fans. They choose to be positive.

Here's an idea. If encountering "negative" fans is such a problem, why not use your positivity to address how they feel, not go on the attack. Debate the items that make up the negative/positive push me/pull you struggle.

Do you really think anyone would spend the amount of time they do on this board if they were a "hater"? Stupid word, by the way. Sounds like something a 6 year old would use.

Do not underestimate the effect that is specific to the Cowboys in all the sports world, the interjection of the owner and his son into the mix. There was plenty of anger and frustration with the Cowboys back in the 80's but did you hear Murchison or even Schramm blasted like the Joneses are? No, because they did not try and make their faces the face of the team.

Both of the sites I have spent time on had a mix of camaraderie, knowledge, humor, selling and venting; however, both also had too high of a degree of a lack of respect for others. Particularly, their feelings. Think fans like being negative and feeling the lack of hope for their team? Their team means as much to them as your team does to you.

OK, had my say. We were all brought together by one common bond, we are fans of the same team. That alone should cut some slack for those with an opposing view. We should all treat each other a little better in our retreat from the real world. Because that is why some of us come here.
Yep

We should look for common bonds which bring us together not what divides us.

Hating on haters is just more hate. Whining about whining is just more whining.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We don’t have to agree on all of the moving pieces to support the sum. We don’t all agree on direction and policies in social issues but we all come together to support the sum.

Here’s another good analogy attending games. Fans conduct themselves in all different manners. Many of which I wouldn’t want to sit next to or invite in my home. But they have the right to conduct their fandom however they choose within the laws or in this case the rules.

And their behavior or conduct stand on its own merit for all to see. Belligerent obnoxious fans bring attention to themselves . No need to call them out unless they break the rules. And maybe fans here need to do more of that .

I can tell you in my 4 decades of season tickets I had to report and have more Cowboy fans removed from the stadium than opponent fans. Usually because their intoxication drove them to break the law.

Bottomline is in a public setting which social media is as well we have to tolerate all types of conduct. And if it crosses the line alert those who have the authority for action. Otherwise if you take action into your own hands you could become the problem .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some fans just can’t handle the constant criticism. Social media hasn’t ever been up when the Cowboys were having the kind of success which attracted so many of our fans.

And with our type of on hands ownership without more success in quite a dysfunctional fashion , it’s only natural it would bring more vitriol criticism.

Following their favorite football team is meant to be all fun and simply don’t take it as serious as far as wins or losses there to cheer the team on supporting unconditionally. And that’s fine. Winning is more fun.

I’m not really sure what they expected on an open fan forum. This isn’t a fan site. There are sites which are more like fan sites. Facebook has several Cowboy sites to follow which are almost all positive narrated. And you can comment , etc.

I’ve come to the conclusion after about 15 years on these forums that it’s simply not a good place for all fans.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s crazy. The negativity is over the charts. I get that the Cowboys haven’t won anything in 26 years but that’s no excuse for crapping on everyone and everything constantly. There’s a lot to be optimistic about. Recent drafts have been now less than outstanding. The team went 12-5 last year. I’m hopeful that they can take the next step this year and make some noise in the playoffs. I remember the Landry years when the Cowboys got close for several years in a row before they finally got over the hump. Todays kids raised on Madden want instant gratification. They seem to thrive on being negative. There’s a handful who do NOTHING but whine about the QB. Fools.
They act like spoiled children when they don't get exactly what they want. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.