The Hatred for our team is embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You're 100% right Rocky it's very sad and that's how I look at it I don't hate .

It's truly a sadness to watch the evolution of a team that you were so proud of in your youth. A team that was built by True men that loved football and gave everything they had to try and win.

To watch it evolve into such a business where all that is important from the owner to the players is marketing themselves and making money. What is important to the true fans winning a super bowl is strictly an afterthought now and put on the back burner for the sake of ultimate wealth .
No it’s sad that you allow yourself to look at it that way instead of realizing that every year it’s a new team. Jeez, we were 12-5 last year. It’s you that have the problem, not the rest of the world.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Why'd you make a quit post around week 13 of last season and then stay away for months?

That sounds like quitting and giving up hope to me.
“Staying away from people like you.” Not the Cowboys. I root for them no matter what. You hate on them no matter what.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s crazy. The negativity is over the charts. I get that the Cowboys haven’t won anything in 26 years but that’s no excuse for crapping on everyone and everything constantly. There’s a lot to be optimistic about. Recent drafts have been now less than outstanding. The team went 12-5 last year. I’m hopeful that they can take the next step this year and make some noise in the playoffs. I remember the Landry years when the Cowboys got close for several years in a row before they finally got over the hump. Todays kids raised on Madden want instant gratification. They seem to thrive on being negative. There’s a handful who do NOTHING but whine about the QB. Fools.

*Coughs*

Blackrain

Reaction score
No it’s sad that you allow yourself to look at it that way instead of realizing that every year it’s a new team. Jeez, we were 12-5 last year. It’s you that have the problem, not the rest of the world.
I'm sorry buddy but I don't have a problem and neither does the rest of the world The Dallas Cowboys have a problem it's their owner who can't admit that there is somebody better than he to build this team.
And that person is not anyone in his family

I don't allow myself to look at it anyway I'm given no choice in the way I have to look at it.

As a fan I have to look at success in playoff wins and super bowl wins unfortunately our owner looks at success in how much his franchise is worth and super bowl wins take a back seat to this.
If this wasn't the case he would recognize his deficiencies and hire a GM that could build a team capable of super bowl contention.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I'm sorry buddy but I don't have a problem and neither does the rest of the world The Dallas Cowboys have a problem it's their owner who can't admit that there is somebody better than he to build this team.

I don't allow myself to look at it anyway I'm given no choice in the way I have to look at it.

As a fan I have to look at success in playoff wins and super bowl wins unfortunately our owner looks at success in how much his franchise is worth and super bowl wins take a back seat to this.
If this wasn't the case he would recognize his deficiencies and hire a GM that could build a team capable of super bowl contention.
You assuming Jerry cares about how much the Cowboys are worth or do you have proof?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

:thumbup:

Blackrain

Reaction score
You assuming Jerry cares about how much the Cowboys are worth or do you have proof?

In the last 25 years since he's been the owner the Cowboys have gained value to the point where they are the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

He has done his absolute best in that length of time to market them in a positive way to increase their value as well as the leagues to the point of being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
So yes he has proved positive to me and the rest of the football viewing world that does not live under a rock that he cares about how much the Cowboys are worth

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In the last 25 years since he's been the owner the Cowboys have gained value to the point where they are the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

He has done his absolute best in that length of time to market them in a positive way to increase their value as well as the leagues to the point of being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
So yes he has proved positive to me and the rest of the football viewing world that does not live under a rock that he cares about how much the Cowboys are worth
That’s cool. I respect your opinion. Now since you’ve given up on the Cowboys, as long as Jerry is the owner and the GM, just get the hell out of here until the situation changes. No one wants to hear your incessant whining day in and day out.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

Well he owns the team, so being an ambassador for the team kind of makes sense. If I owned the Cowboys I'd never want to give them up. So I'd make sure their value increased to a point where no one would be willing to shell out that kind of money. His actions make perfectly good sense to me.

But opinions vary.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well he owns the team, so being an ambassador for the team kind of makes sense. If I owned the Cowboys I'd never want to give them up. So I'd make sure their value increased to a point where no one would be willing to shell out that kind of money. His actions make perfectly good sense to me.

But opinions vary.
His actions to me make perfectly good sense up to a point and that point is a man has to know his limitations.

And being a great marketer and moneymaker does not necessarily make you a great football team builder.

So just spitballing here you would think a man with unlimited resources rapidly approaching the box would understand that limitation after struggling for 25 years and employ the best person on the planet to help him attain the ultimate goal of the super bowl rather than blundering along with his equally inept son trying to complete the task

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s cool. I respect your opinion. Now since you’ve given up on the Cowboys, as long as Jerry is the owner and the GM, just get the hell out of here until the situation changes. No one wants to hear your incessant whining day in and day out.
And even worse is your incessant whining. You are the biggest whiner and most negative poster on the site.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Now Rocky that's just not nice I haven't given up on the Cowboys but at this point I realize it's a waiting game and I'm hoping to win by attrition.
I enjoy watching the young players progress and do well Micah is a breath of fresh air that I feel could breathe a whole new mindset into our defense with Quinn as the coordinator.

I enjoy little pieces at a time full well understanding that Jerry is not capable of putting together the whole puzzle and we will always be a couple pieces short with him in charge.

But everything changes eventually I'm just hoping that I live long enough to see it in the meantime I will keep my expectations adjusted to what we are capable of doing within the parameters of Jerry being the owner and GM.

If that offends you I am truly sorry but I can't dumb down my fan hood to your level and totally ignore the obvious year in and year out and be content with the results.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why does anyone here feel compelled to attack or defend anyone's position about this team and how they feel about it?

There is 0 relationship with the level of any fan's fanhood and how they feel about their team. Positive fans are not better fans. They choose to be positive.

Here's an idea. If encountering "negative" fans is such a problem, why not use your positivity to address how they feel, not go on the attack. Debate the items that make up the negative/positive push me/pull you struggle.

Do you really think anyone would spend the amount of time they do on this board if they were a "hater"? Stupid word, by the way. Sounds like something a 6 year old would use.

Do not underestimate the effect that is specific to the Cowboys in all the sports world, the interjection of the owner and his son into the mix. There was plenty of anger and frustration with the Cowboys back in the 80's but did you hear Murchison or even Schramm blasted like the Joneses are? No, because they did not try and make their faces the face of the team.

Both of the sites I have spent time on had a mix of camaraderie, knowledge, humor, selling and venting; however, both also had too high of a degree of a lack of respect for others. Particularly, their feelings. Think fans like being negative and feeling the lack of hope for their team? Their team means as much to them as your team does to you.

OK, had my say. We were all brought together by one common bond, we are fans of the same team. That alone should cut some slack for those with an opposing view. We should all treat each other a little better in our retreat from the real world. Because that is why some of us come here.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why does anyone here feel compelled to attack or defend anyone's position about this team and how they feel about it?

There is 0 relationship with the level of any fan's fanhood and how they feel about their team. Positive fans are not better fans. They choose to be positive.

Here's an idea. If encountering "negative" fans is such a problem, why not use your positivity to address how they feel, not go on the attack. Debate the items that make up the negative/positive push me/pull you struggle.

Do you really think anyone would spend the amount of time they do on this board if they were a "hater"? Stupid word, by the way. Sounds like something a 6 year old would use.

Do not underestimate the effect that is specific to the Cowboys in all the sports world, the interjection of the owner and his son into the mix. There was plenty of anger and frustration with the Cowboys back in the 80's but did you hear Murchison or even Schramm blasted like the Joneses are? No, because they did not try and make their faces the face of the team.

Both of the sites I have spent time on had a mix of camaraderie, knowledge, humor, selling and venting; however, both also had too high of a degree of a lack of respect for others. Particularly, their feelings. Think fans like being negative and feeling the lack of hope for their team? Their team means as much to them as your team does to you.

OK, had my say. We were all brought together by one common bond, we are fans of the same team. That alone should cut some slack for those with an opposing view. We should all treat each other a little better in our retreat from the real world. Because that is why some of us come here.
Hear hear!!

Very well stated, my good man!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Now Rocky that's just not nice I haven't given up on the Cowboys but at this point I realize it's a waiting game and I'm hoping to win by attrition.
I enjoy watching the young players progress and do well Micah is a breath of fresh air that I feel could breathe a whole new mindset into our defense with Quinn as the coordinator.

I enjoy little pieces at a time full well understanding that Jerry is not capable of putting together the whole puzzle and we will always be a couple pieces short with him in charge.

But everything changes eventually I'm just hoping that I live long enough to see it in the meantime I will keep my expectations adjusted to what we are capable of doing within the parameters of Jerry being the owner and GM.

If that offends you I am truly sorry but I can't dumb down my fan hood to your level and totally ignore the obvious year in and year out and be content with the results.
Most excellent post!!!!!!

I hate it when both sides of the ridiculous hater/homer spats jump in and ruin good discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.