The Heat Is on

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
106 In Grand Prairie Texas today anyone else feeling the heat
Ya,since around mid-june annually over here in T-town,,,man alive! I'd inadvertantly 'spaced' paying that metro water bill AGAIN,& they did the lock-off on me ONCE AGAIN! ( Ive gotten to the point ,to when the tap dont produce a flow,I'll place a payment phone call,,,SHEESE,,, I had one "ol'lady" who would fill out my monthly checks& have them on the kitchen counter,to where all I had to do was sign my name in that lower right hand corner, as I walked past on my way out the garage door in the mornings) last week,,,after Two days( I paid it on the lock-off day), that evaporation roof cooler ran dry & the TRUE HEAT WAS ON!,,,I should go back to work,just to reinforce my dislike of things,ya know?o_O

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm just happy it ain't snowing.
Interestingly enough, I told my wife yesterday that I was already looking forward to winter and snow.

I know our summer temperatures in central Colorado don't compare to other areas, particularly the South. However, since mid- to late-June, we have had daytime highs around 90 or slightly above. At this altitude and with the very low humidity, I feel like I am cooking just standing in direct sunlight.

I known, I am a whiny baby :)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Bunch of babies. I did 15 years of two a days in South Texas heat and humidity. Heat index over 115 is very common down here during that time.
But you ain't doing it now & blowing on that whistle in a scowling demeanor is considered light duty amongst the desert dweller trailer spine intallers of my outdoor A.O.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bunch of babies. I did 15 years of two a days in South Texas heat and humidity. Heat index over 115 is very common down here during that time.
From the old school of Bear Bryant's "water is for cowards"?

I am sure with your background, you watched that biopic of him during his A&M days and according to players that survived his camp, that was pretty accurate. They showcase him because of his rep but that was very popular thinking back then.

When I player HS ball, we had to earn the water table and our HC would make guys dead on their feet and obviously in need of hydration run laps while the others drank. He didn't push them for wind sprints like he normally did but he sure as hell made a point.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
From the old school of Bear Bryant's "water is for cowards"?

I am sure with your background, you watched that biopic of him during his A&M days and according to players that survived his camp, that was pretty accurate. They showcase him because of his rep but that was very popular thinking back then.

When I player HS ball, we had to earn the water table and our HC would make guys dead on their feet and obviously in need of hydration run laps while the others drank. He didn't push them for wind sprints like he normally did but he sure as hell made a point.

Yeah they use to use water as a reward for practice at my hs even in the late 90s. Right or wrong, I doubt there’s much of that going on. Pretty sure a handful of kids actually died from it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah they use to use water as a reward for practice at my hs even in the late 90s. Right or wrong, I doubt there’s much of that going on. Pretty sure a handful of kids actually died from it.
Not any of that going on if that HC wants to stay in coaching and not get sued by parents.

The game is not being directed by the coaches any longer but by the medical people and parents. And all coaches were not like that. My track coach was not that way and he was our DC on the football team.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Yep, 10 straight days of this forecast at 100+ and then 4 of 99, sweater weather.

I think there should be two sayings made illegal. "Is it hot enough for you"? And "it's not he heat, it's the humidity".
I'm just glad my a/c broke in early June instead of any time after that It is 68 degrees in here right now I may cool it down some

GMO415

Reaction score
I do not mind the heat so much. But the humidity I can't stand. We just had a 4 day stretch oh humid weather...

I went to the Grand Canyon in August a few years ago. Landed in Phoenix it was 113 degrees ... but it was a dry heat ...
I told the wife if we're getting Arz weather and paying Cali prices it's time to relocate

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dry heat here
Yep, I figured. When I lived in Boise, it would get up to 100-102 in the summer but down to the 60's at night because the lack of humidity. When it's still 90 here at 10pm with that humidity, it doesn't take it long to get back up to 100 when the sun rises.

I was commuting to OK in 2010 when they made the record for July in recorded history with an average temp of 89.something. It was hitting 109-113 with humidity in So OK and 120 in the panhandle and western OK. The hazardous to your health warning was out the whole month because the allergens were also out in force.

I was in Vegas on biz one time and it was 115 when I landed and humidity or not, hit that jetway and your breath just leaves your body and as the cab is taking me to the hotel, I see this guy fall while running on the sidewalk, called 911 and had the cab pull over. I could tell by the way he fell, it wasn't a stumble, he just passed out. Several of us stayed with him until the ambulance showed up, got an IV in and loaded him in. The driver said 3rd one today.

I looked at him and he told me this is common during the summer because visitors will run and not realize they are over heating because the sweat is evaporating so fast. He said the hotels are finally stopping the runners they see leaving and informing them and when I got to the hotel, I saw a notice posted to runners and they were giving Powerade to runners before they left. Smart, ya can't lose at the craps table from a hospital room.