The Heat Is on

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Was that the ambient temp or hell?

That's hell aka Oklahoma. Land of never ending wind, crazy weather, worst roads in the nation. But we do have a transplanted basketball team, a downtown area that suspiciously looks like the San Antonio Riverwalk and plenty of food trucks with hip and trendy names{but no overpriced food, I promise}.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am so sweet, part of me is becoming caramel.

The birds won't leave the bird baths. They're sitting around in them like a bunch of drunk ladies in hot tubs taking a break from the Mahjong tournament.

I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both lying down.

They have warnings to check on old people and I wonder if that includes me?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's hell aka Oklahoma. Land of never ending wind, crazy weather, worst roads in the nation. But we do have a transplanted basketball team, a downtown area that suspiciously looks like the San Antonio Riverwalk and plenty of food trucks with hip and trendy names{but no overpriced food, I promise}.
Oh, I know. I was there when OK set the July all time record at 89.something. In So OK, it was 108-111 for almost two weeks. And there was little cool down at night, it was 90 at 11pm.

In most houses, the AC is limited to 20 degrees below the outside temp and AC's were not cycling and not getting the temps below 80-85 during the hottest part of the day. The poor people out in the West and the panhandle were hitting right at 120 mark.

Xelda

Reaction score
I am so sweet, part of me is becoming caramel.

The birds won't leave the bird baths. They're sitting around in them like a bunch of drunk ladies in hot tubs taking a break from the Mahjong tournament.

I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both lying down.

They have warnings to check on old people and I wonder if that includes me?
Are you ok, Coach?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Been spending the Summer here in Cali from Palm Springs to North of Fresno. Temps consistently hit well above 100 but at least it cools down at night.

I am not sure if it is worse than those Houston Summers just yet. I think I will take 105 with no humidity over 95 and humid as heck. Either way, they are both too hot :(

I can't wait until I get back my Summers in SoCal :flagwave:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I do not mind the heat so much. But the humidity I can't stand. We just had a 4 day stretch oh humid weather...

I went to the Grand Canyon in August a few years ago. Landed in Phoenix it was 113 degrees ... but it was a dry heat ...
Kinda' like dropping that oven door open to check on that thanksgiving day turkey,HUH?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Me too.

Looking forward to the first frost here in western NY.

But of course the "baby-talk" will be on the other foot come next January, you'll read on here about folks complaining about 30 degree weather and they've received an inch of snow.
I don't complain about the heat. People I deliver to complain about it, and I say, "Hey, you don't have to shovel humidity."