Video: The Herd on Garrett

superonyx

Reaction score
We have one of the most talented teams in the league.

We have the #1 ranked offense and the #7 ranked defense (surprisingly) and we are too close to not making the playoffs.

Nothing will change during the season but without at least making the NFC championship game this year I believe JG won't get a new contract.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
We have one of the most talented teams in the league.

We have the #1 ranked offense and the #7 ranked defense (surprisingly) and we are too close to not making the playoffs.

Nothing will change during the season but without at least making the NFC championship game this year I believe JG won't get a new contract.
Garrett won’t get fired, his contract will just not be renewed...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can do much worse as well looking around the NFL landscape. Much, much worse

Like being the Bengals, go from Marvin Lewis to Zach Taylor and b 0-10. Like that much worse? :muttley:

Well at least the Bengals issues really is not enough talent. Not a 1st year coach. We have a 10th year coach, on the verge of being Mavin Lewis if not already there.

I said it 2 years ago and still say it, and I still get blasted for it. The Browns were and are closer to a SB than we are. Now I may say that soon about the Bengals. Why you ask, well here is why. Browns are not afraid to make coaching changes to try to improve and at least the Bengals finally made that change as well.

Maybe there are worse coaches out there right now, however their owners are not afraid to make the changes needed to try to improve. They may do it in 2 years, 4 years, but not 10 years, except for Lewis.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course but is Jerry willing to bring in someone who is capable of doing better?

Not everyone wants to discuss this dilemma of how we arrive at all of these Puppets.

Tommy

Reaction score
Now thats a losers mentality if I ever heard one.

I'm afraid HR is going to be calling you soon.
What’s a loser mentality is to continually talk about fire your head coach when your in first place in your division in the middle of the season.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Now thats a losers mentality if I ever heard one.

I'm afraid HR is going to be calling you soon.

Typically I'd agree, but yet it is what it is. I see the odds. If Belichick, Reid, Zimmer become available, sign me up.

We could bring Spurrier out of retirement and see if things go differently if we are looking for a crapshoot.

superonyx

Reaction score
What’s a loser mentality is to continually talk about fire your head coach when your in first place in your division in the middle of the season.
Actually thats a winners mentality. I guess Brady has a losers mentality for being upset over his offense after the Eagles game when they just went to 9-1 on the season?

You have a losers mentality. I am in a position of senior management and I would be taking you to HR if you talked like that on my team.

Losers cheer under performance by pointing at people less fortunate as justification they are "good enough".

Take your first place in the NFC least and step into my office...... why? Because you are F'ing fired.

superonyx

Reaction score
Typically I'd agree, but yet it is what it is. I see the odds. If Belichick, Reid, Zimmer become available, sign me up.

We could bring Spurrier out of retirement and see if things go differently if we are looking for a crapshoot.
You know Belichick and Reid were not always established NFL winners.
Just having the mentality that JG is good enough because of fear of worse rots the entire organization.
It's been 9 years. Every coach in the league with his seniority have won a superbowl.

So 9 more years of coach clap is what you want I guess?
No thanks. This is the premier job in all of sports. Get someone that can take the leagues #1 offense and #7 defense and get us to where we should be.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You know Belichick and Reid were not always established NFL winners.
Just having the mentality that JG is good enough because of fear of worse rots the entire organization.
It's been 9 years. Every coach in the league with his seniority have won a superbowl.

So 9 more years of coach clap is what you want I guess?
No thanks. This is the premier job in all of sports. Get someone that can take the leagues #1 offense and #7 defense and get us to where we should be.
Your fooling yourself if you believe the Cowboys in Jerry’s puppet era is the premiere job in the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

When I see post like this I realize all fans aren’t grasping the gravity of Jerry’s ways which are altering Cowboys Football with Puppet coaching.

JMech

Reaction score
Could be horrible GM's or a combination as well. Clearly the grass is greener everywhere else tho.

No doubt, but the talent has been there to achieve more. That is in the coach's wheel-house. GMs can be huge issues no doubt, but it appears you are a pro-Garrett sort of guy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboy fans are all frustrated. But we should be Lynching the guy who insist on Puppets for HC’s.

I’m not sure all fans realize Jerry isn’t interested in winning if a Named HC swooped in taking more credit?