The Holdout, Blessing in Disguise?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who have they beaten that's worth a crap without Zeke?

I did watch them go three straight games without scoring 10 points without him.

(And don't give me a meaningless exhibition game against the Giants, who were just trying to get to the airport to head to the beach.)
and if you think beating the giant a division game is meaningless think again.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With Zeke: 10-6 or 11-5
Without Zeke: 8-8 or worse
I don't put that much faith in Elliot tell me how many times does he put the ball in the ground including the ones we got back. Why didn't take it to the house last season was he just too slow. Why did he trip over his own ego against the Rams when we were in the red zone. I've seen him Miss blocks, pick the wrong hole. What I have seen him do was run over people. And how long do you think you can do that for

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who have they beaten that's worth a crap without Zeke?

I did watch them go three straight games without scoring 10 points without him.

(And don't give me a meaningless exhibition game against the Giants, who were just trying to get to the airport to head to the beach.)
What do you think beating the Giants was meaningless or not. It was a game plan that's why we won.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If you can spread the field and youhave a legitimate passing game, you can easily have a good rushing attack

Alfred Morris will have 100 yard games, Pollard will have 100 yard games.

I want Zeke back, but he can play on his rookie contract like every other rookie

I don't understand this idea that the run game stops without him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We may be finding out whether we want to or not. I wanted to have all the talent we can on the field because it gives us the best chance for a SB ring. But we can’t just give in all the time for players. If we actually gave him a legit offer and he turned it down then do our last and final offer. If he says no then we may have to move on. I don’t think another team in the league would give him 15.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
6 touchdowns last season. Six fumbles last season. 4.7 yards-per-carry. Yeah that's a hundred-million- dollar running back. Are people truly so afraid that we can't win without him that they panic.

glimmerman

Reaction score
6 touchdowns last season. Six fumbles last season. 4.7 yards-per-carry. Yeah that's a hundred-million- dollar running back. Are people truly so afraid that we can't win without him that they panic.
I think some of it maybe not just the production but teams having to game plan for him. They worry about his home rum ability or the ability to take over a game. Now if our O-Line can open these holes up and Morris and Pollard can have success then it will help.

Was watching Skip and Shannon yesterday and Skip was talking about how well Pollard ran. They had Eric Dickerson in there and he was saying look at the holes he is getting to run through at 58 he could still run through there.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think some of it maybe not just the production but teams having to game plan for him. They worry about his home rum ability or the ability to take over a game. Now if our O-Line can open these holes up and Morris and Pollard can have success then it will help.

Was watching Skip and Shannon yesterday and Skip was talking about how well Pollard ran. They had Eric Dickerson in there and he was saying look at the holes he is getting to run through at 58 he could still run through there.
Will those holes be there when it gets real?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I train with a two times Super Bowl running back. No I'm not bragging. Elliott could be the best there ever was. But he's too much of a knucklehead he's never going to achieve that greatness. Unless he straightens out and we don't see it. I like Pollard. I don't think Morris makes the team

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Will those holes be there when it gets real?
That's the only thing I like about Elliott. He can drag you for three yards. How long do you think you can do that. That's why he wants the bucks now. I like this young kid Pollard Everything I seen him do his eyes downfield. I don't know how we got him so late

glimmerman

Reaction score
I train with a two times Super Bowl running back. No I'm not bragging. Elliott could be the best there ever was. But he's too much of a knucklehead he's never going to achieve that greatness. Unless he straightens out and we don't see it. I like Pollard. I don't think Morris makes the team
Let’s see if we make another RB move before the season. That may let us know if the FO is planning on the holdout.

I am hoping Elliot matures. I remember when we got Dez, it took him a while before I quit worrying about him doing dumb stuff. Elliot is a amazing talent but he knows it and I don’t think he realizes just how much this O-Line does.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe this is what I'm having trouble comprehending. Don't you get better when you want more money. Elliott had a great first season second season was in turmoil and last season was not as good as his first. So , Elliott must be buying into all the fan scuttlebutt, he believes his team can't win without him. What else can it be

glimmerman

Reaction score
That's the only thing I like about Elliott. He can drag you for three yards. How long do you think you can do that. That's why he wants the bucks now. I like this young kid Pollard Everything I seen him do his eyes downfield. I don't know how we got him so late
Was hearing people say that a knock on Pollard is that he runs too tall. But his football speed is awesome.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Was hearing people say that a knock on Pollard is that he runs too tall. But his football speed is awesome.
Runs tall with his eyes downfield. Longevity you don't have to be a banger. I think it was Campbell what an awesome running back from Houston. Reminds me of Elliott