The huge Conundrum

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Now listen, I am a diehard Cowboys fan. Born in 1980, growing up throughout my teen years and into my early twenties my favorite player was Emmitt Smith. Things where good and I fell in love with the running back position more so than the more popular QB position. Once Zeke was available to us last year I was praying the Cowboys would draft him and when they did I was ecstatic. I knew what he would bring to this team. Finally after waiting 15 years I had my guy again.....My dominate RB to root for over the next 10 years, maybe more.

All of a sudden this happens. Well, this happened over a year ago. We all kinda put it behind us because the police department declared there was not enough evidence to charge him but the NFL continued there investigation. I have to say that for the NFL to suspend Zeke it must have found something. Forget the Roger Goodell and Lisa Friel, the NFL is a billion dollar industry with with tons of resources and they literally took over a year to get all there information. You think Roger really wanted to piss of 2 of the top 4 from then Mount Rushmore of NFL owners? You think he isn't thinking about losing his cake $45 million a year job.

I turned my head the other way when this was all dismissed last August but how can you ignore a 6 game suspension people? I understand the NFL got a lot of backlash for the Ray Rice incident but doesn't that make you think that there had to be or has to be something they found that is pretty incriminating. Just think, if you where the one doing the investigation and you went and where interviewing people and finding out that this God of a football player did get rough with a female don't you think your stance would change a little? Would you be so defensive for Zeke?

I don't want this just as much as the next die hard Cowboys fan but I have morals and one of my biggest morals is never put your hands on a woman. Never! It pains me because I knew we found our "New Emmitt" but now I father two young boys who are getting into sports and I really don't want to encourage them to have Zeke be a favorite to them. It baffles me how people on here forget that these players are role models to our children and they need to be held accountable especially when something like this occurs. Have we all gone mad just because it's our Dallas Cowboys? Well, I haven't.

I have rooted for and will continue to root for our Cowboys through some of the most disturbing and tough times, I just can not have my number 1, or my childrens number 1 be a player who puts his hands on a woman. Now if Zeke could turn this huge negative into a positive even just a little bit that would be great and maybe I could then reconsider. He doesn't have to become the next Ray Rice in that sense, the cases differ anyways, but maybe just be a voice against such a terrible act would go a long ways to making things right.

Having said all that I am 100% against the NFL giving 6 games to Zeke and only one game to Josh Brown. How the hell could they justify this? You mean to tell me that the 4-5 days of Zeke was any worse than the 20+ incidents of Josh Brown. Hell, even Brown was arrested for domestic violence. If there should be a fight to get this suspension reduced then Jerry, Zeke and the Cowboys need to go after this using Josh Brown and Lisa Friel and the NFLs double standards. Yes, that is the Cowboys fan speaking inside me!

This has been the HARDEST time of my being a fan for 20+ years of the Dallas Cowboys. Never mind the loses, the catch, the retirements, the bad signings, the horrible coaches and coaching decisions ect. This, Zeke Elliott. I wanted Zeke to be the next Emmitt. The next great running back for this team and he still might just be that but right now I will stick by my morals and what is in the best interest of my family and children. I will be switching over to a new favorite position and a new favorite player for me and my children. Lets just say there's another guy on this team from the same draft who reminds me of another one of my all-time favorite players from another sport......last name Jeter.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Now listen, I am a diehard Cowboys fan. Born in 1980, growing up throughout my teen years and into my early twenties my favorite player was Emmitt Smith. Things where good and I fell in love with the running back position more so than the more popular QB position. Once Zeke was available to us last year I was praying the Cowboys would draft him and when they did I was ecstatic. I knew what he would bring to this team. Finally after waiting 15 years I had my guy again.....My dominate RB to root for over the next 10 years, maybe more.

All of a sudden this happens. Well, this happened over a year ago. We all kinda put it behind us because the police department declared there was not enough evidence to charge him but the NFL continued there investigation. I have to say that for the NFL to suspend Zeke it must have found something. Forget the Roger Goodell and Lisa Friel, the NFL is a billion dollar industry with with tons of resources and they literally took over a year to get all there information. You think Roger really wanted to piss of 2 of the top 4 from then Mount Rushmore of NFL owners? You think he isn't thinking about losing his cake $45 million a year job.

I turned my head the other way when this was all dismissed last August but how can you ignore a 6 game suspension people? I understand the NFL got a lot of backlash for the Ray Rice incident but doesn't that make you think that there had to be or has to be something they found that is pretty incriminating. Just think, if you where the one doing the investigation and you went and where interviewing people and finding out that this God of a football player did get rough with a female don't you think your stance would change a little? Would you be so defensive for Zeke?

I don't want this just as much as the next die hard Cowboys fan but I have morals and one of my biggest morals is never put your hands on a woman. Never! It pains me because I knew we found our "New Emmitt" but now I father two young boys who are getting into sports and I really don't want to encourage them to have Zeke be a favorite to them. It baffles me how people on here forget that these players are role models to our children and they need to be held accountable especially when something like this occurs. Have we all gone mad just because it's our Dallas Cowboys? Well, I haven't.

I have rooted for and will continue to root for our Cowboys through some of the most disturbing and tough times, I just can not have my number 1, or my childrens number 1 be a player who puts his hands on a woman. Now if Zeke could turn this huge negative into a positive even just a little bit that would be great and maybe I could then reconsider. He doesn't have to become the next Ray Rice in that sense, the cases differ anyways, but maybe just be a voice against such a terrible act would go a long ways to making things right.

Having said all that I am 100% against the NFL giving 6 games to Zeke and only one game to Josh Brown. How the hell could they justify this? You mean to tell me that the 4-5 days of Zeke was any worse than the 20+ incidents of Josh Brown. Hell, even Brown was arrested for domestic violence. If there should be a fight to get this suspension reduced then Jerry, Zeke and the Cowboys need to go after this using Josh Brown and Lisa Friel and the NFLs double standards. Yes, that is the Cowboys fan speaking inside me!

This has been the HARDEST time of my being a fan for 20+ years of the Dallas Cowboys. Never mind the loses, the catch, the retirements, the bad signings, the horrible coaches and coaching decisions ect. This, Zeke Elliott. I wanted Zeke to be the next Emmitt. The next great running back for this team and he still might just be that but right now I will stick by my morals and what is in the best interest of my family and children. I will be switching over to a new favorite position and a new favorite player for me and my children. Lets just say there's another guy on this team from the same draft who reminds me of another one of my all-time favorite players from another sport......last name Jeter.

So you've got him down as guilty because he was accused? Because the NFL decided he was?

The same group that botched the Josh Brown case in your story is the same group suspending the guy for 6 games based on what they deem probable.

OUCowboy

CirrusBLow
Reaction score
First of all, let me say this. I agree with your morals, more than you could possible imagine. Our oldest daughter was a victim of domestic violence. She is now divorced and raising two young children on her own, with some help from her Mother and myself. I know how we felt when we discovered her husband was hitting her. Only by the grace of God am I not in jail for murder. I have never wanted to kill another human being before, but I had violence in my heart towards her husband. I have zero tolerance towards that nonsense. Having said that....

I think the NFL has went completely overboard against Elliot. There is no substantial proof that he is guilty of anything except keeping the wrong company. There is every bit of evidence that says the woman was actively seeking to harm Elliot and his career. If he was/is guilty, then throw the book at him. I just fail to see how the NFL can justify doing so when the proof did not exist. I think they have overreacted because of the stigma about domestic violence.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
So you've got him down as guilty because he was accused? Because the NFL decided he was?

The same group that botched the Josh Brown case in your story is the same group suspending the guy for 6 games based on what they deem probable.

I got him down as he did something. See, I am open minded. I'm not like most, yourself included who think that just because the local Dallas police didn't charge him that he is 100% innocent. See, I could put together things. Things like when a witness goes quiet. Things that add up to someone who can't make good judgements or can't make good actions throughout the course of his young life. Things like a guy who might just get a little to unfriendly with his hands when things don't go his way. Maybe the girl lied about that specific time to the police but did you ever think that maybe those lies stem from a different time when things really did happen?
I understand that there are complete money chasing cases with woman who lie 100% but for the NFL to investigate this for over a year and suspend him for 6 games means that they found more than enough to suspend him for 2 games which means it was more likely him putting his hands on a woman and not just pulling a womans top down or punching a dude in a club.
I form my own opinion and I really don't care to please the Cowboys fans who are in denial. I remember all of those defending that piece of **** Hardy and I couldn't understand that and now this. I bet if you go around and ask all of those who defended Hardy so strongly how they really feel. I bet you would get a different answer now. I am just a realist who can't lie to himself and more importantly won't lie to his children.

You could defend him all you want to but in the end something happened and for me it's my morals and my kids.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I got him down as he did something. See, I am open minded. I'm not like most, yourself included who think that just because the local Dallas police didn't charge him that he is 100% innocent. See, I could put together things. Things like when a witness goes quiet. Things that add up to someone who can't make good judgements or can't make good actions throughout the course of his young life. Things like a guy who might just get a little to unfriendly with his hands when things don't go his way. Maybe the girl lied about that specific time to the police but did you ever think that maybe those lies stem from a different time when things really did happen?
I understand that there are complete money chasing cases with woman who lie 100% but for the NFL to investigate this for over a year and suspend him for 6 games means that they found more than enough to suspend him for 2 games which means it was more likely him putting his hands on a woman and not just pulling a womans top down or punching a dude in a club.
I form my own opinion and I really don't care to please the Cowboys fans who are in denial. I remember all of those defending that piece of **** Hardy and I couldn't understand that and now this. I bet if you go around and ask all of those who defended Hardy so strongly how they really feel. I bet you would get a different answer now. I am just a realist who can't lie to himself and more importantly won't lie to his children.

You could defend him all you want to but in the end something happened and for me it's my morals and my kids.

Ah so you're like the NFL and you deal in theory and not facts.

Nothing else to see here then.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
First of all, let me say this. I agree with your morals, more than you could possible imagine. Our oldest daughter was a victim of domestic violence. She is now divorced and raising two young children on her own, with some help from her Mother and myself. I know how we felt when we discovered her husband was hitting her. Only by the grace of God am I not in jail for murder. I have never wanted to kill another human being before, but I had violence in my heart towards her husband. I have zero tolerance towards that nonsense. Having said that....

I think the NFL has went completely overboard against Elliot. There is no substantial proof that he is guilty of anything except keeping the wrong company. There is every bit of evidence that says the woman was actively seeking to harm Elliot and his career. If he was/is guilty, then throw the book at him. I just fail to see how the NFL can justify doing so when the proof did not exist. I think they have overreacted because of the stigma about domestic violence.

Sorry for your daughters troubles. Wish her and you the best.

One thing that I can say is that if the NFL suspends you for 6 games there is a reason. People need to understand this. They suspended the NFLs golden boy, there own face of the NFL in Tom Brady for 4 games. That was upheld! Put 2 and 2 together people it isn't that hard.

nathanlt

Reaction score

One thing that I can say is that if the NFL suspends you for 6 games there is a reason. People need to understand this. They suspended the NFLs golden boy, there own face of the NFL in Tom Brady for 4 games. That was upheld! Put 2 and 2 together people it isn't that hard.

Tom Brady's situation was NOT evaluated by the DA like Elliott was. It was purely a football matter. Yesterday's ruling was in opposition to the facts of the case. The NFL's punishment does not, in and of itself, create evidence of a crime.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Tom Brady's situation was NOT evaluated by the DA like Elliott was. It was purely a football matter. Yesterday's ruling was in opposition to the facts of the case. The NFL's punishment does not, in and of itself, create evidence of a crime.

So now we just have the two hugest conspiracies.......more so than 9/11, Pearl Harbor, OKC bombing, Gaddoffi ect.....only problem is the ones I mention there are know facts to those conspiracies. Why would the NFL suspend the face of the NFL in Tom Brady if it had nothing on him? Why would the NFL suspend it's newest star, league leading rusher and top jersey sales in Zeke if it has nothing on him? Need some proof here as to why.

diefree666

Reaction score
Unless the NFL has evidence the DA did not then this whole suspension is bogus. Those defending the NFL on this despite the past are fools OR

They are not Cowboy fans. And you do not even have to be a cowboy to smell when something is OFF.

LittleD

Reaction score

I agree with you but, 6 games for Zeke and 1 game for Brown is a travesty. Unequal justice under the law is racial bias over gender bias. Maybe Cowboy justice over Giant justice. Mara has way
too much power in the NFL for my liking. Time for some Jerry/Texas justice.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I agree with you but, 6 games for Zeke and 1 game for Brown is a travesty. Unequal justice under the law is racial bias over gender bias. Maybe Cowboy justice over Giant justice. Mara has way
too much power in the NFL for my liking. Time for some Jerry/Texas justice.
I agree with this. It's in my original post. This is our fighting point of saving our season and getting this suspension down to 2-4 games instead.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score

You make some valid argument, that I cant disagree with. BUT, you forgot ONE major event...Marketing Schemes. Last year was the first year the NFL saw a ratings Decline. The NFL cant have 2 years back to back rating loses, the Ad Agencies and TV networks will get nervous about NFL Contracts. KEEP IN MIND....BAD publicity is GOOD Business.

Case in point, The NFL created a controversy before the season official starts. The Zeke issue now dominates sporting news, online and social media sites. FREE Advertising and NOW the entire world is talking about the NFL.

The NFL is a marketing beast, it knows how to make headlines and take over the message..the Fans are just being manipulated to further the NFL goals

nathanlt

Reaction score
So now we just have the two hugest conspiracies.......more so than 9/11, Pearl Harbor, OKC bombing, Gaddoffi ect.....only problem is the ones I mention there are know facts to those conspiracies. Why would the NFL suspend the face of the NFL in Tom Brady if it had nothing on him? Why would the NFL suspend it's newest star, league leading rusher and top jersey sales in Zeke if it has nothing on him? Need some proof here as to why.

There needs to be some evidence presented. If evidence is presented, and Elliott did in fact commit a crime, then banish him now. Fine. Giving Elliott a 6 game suspension for DV is like 1st and goal at the 1 inch line. A TD is inevitable, much like a banishment is inevitable for someone with a pattern of terrible decisions.

But as it stands today, no punishment is warranted. It baffles me that people trust the NFL to say, Elliott is suspended for 6 games, just trust us on the evidence that we won't produce.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You believe the NFL too much. There is always 2 sides to any story.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You make some valid argument, that I cant disagree with. BUT, you forgot ONE major event...Marketing Schemes. Last year was the first year the NFL saw a ratings Decline. The NFL cant have 2 years back to back rating loses, the Ad Agencies and TV networks will get nervous about NFL Contracts. KEEP IN MIND....BAD publicity is GOOD Business.

Case in point, The NFL created a controversy before the season official starts. The Zeke issue now dominates sporting news, online and social media sites. FREE Advertising and NOW the entire world is talking about the NFL.

The NFL is a marketing beast, it knows how to make headlines and take over the message..the Fans are just being manipulated to further the NFL goals
I thought about that but they suspended the face of the league and it didn't really generate more interest. I just think that the big thing last season was the election. It was the biggest presidential election in our countries history.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

and the reason is they've botched other suspensions for DV and they want to save face. What better way then to hammer a high profile member of the Dallas Cowboys.