The Ice Bowl record could be threatened on Saturday

Rajveer

Reaction score
It's terribly cold here in CO right now. It's supposed to get down to -15 at night the next few days. The entire high plains are going to be freezing this weekend.

I can't help but think Miami is going to get destroyed out there. Nightmare conditions for them.
Nice to find another Cowboy Zone Member in CO. I am close to Denver

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Maybe a fan will lose some fingers and the NFL will finally wise up and stop playing in open stadiums in this crappy weather. The days of it being "Part of the game," are over. Its total garbage.

As a fan, i want the teams deciding the outcome, not weather. Why dont we just let teams thrash the fields and flood them a few days before games to make them muddy to slow down a team like the dolphins?

Hey Dolphins... real men can play in this mud you bunch of sissies!....... just stupid.
We were discussing this at lunch. If it's dangerous to be outside, how do you ignore it but halt games for other dangerous situations?

I'm not sure where the cutoff is but I agree, at some point enough is enough.

Aven8

Reaction score
Just looked at the weather in Buffalo and it’s changed. Now saying 1-3’ with blizzard conditions tomorrow and Sunday. :omg:

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I have friends in KC. They tell me everyone is dumping the tickets for practically nothing. No one wants to be there

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I have friends in KC. They tell me everyone is dumping the tickets for practically nothing. No one wants to be there
Don't blame them. This whole "this is football weather!!!" is ridiculous. Football starts the later part of summer. Goes into the fall and then the very tail end is winter. A very small portion of the games are played in severe weather. Sure, the novelty of seeing a game in a huge blizzard, wind, extreme rain is fine for a little but that novelty wears off quick and you are left with a terrible game. It isn't decided by the natural talent and schemes on the field. It's just who can weather the elements the best. The footing is bad. You don't see these players naturally do what they can do. It's ugly.

And a miserable atmosphere for the fans to be out in.

Give me dome football conditions any day of the week where the games are actually decided by the talent, not weather conditions. Especially the playoffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Had Miami beat Buffalo they would be getting ready to play a wildcard game in balmy Miami. I don’t see the Dolphins doing well in the temps they’ll be facing.

1942willys

Reaction score
While I have always been in favor of outdoor games even in winter, there comes a point when common sense needs to be applied.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nice to find another Cowboy Zone Member in CO. I am close to Denver
I think it would be cool to setup a Cowboys Zone Denver watch group. It would be fun to watch a few games with all of the members together.

I don't have any real life Cowboys fan friends, so I end up watching most of the games with a bunch of Broncos fans (which gets a bit old).

Reaction score
Read some stories of the conditions for the Ice Bowl in 1967. Here are some weird facts from that game:
  • The temperature at kickoff was -13 with a wind chill of -30.
  • Most players didn’t wear gloves in those days and there were no heated benches.
  • Refs couldn’t use their whistles because they would stick to their mouths and had to shout that the play was over.
  • Several players on both sides got frostbite and suffered for years after that game as a result.
  • The grass field at Lambeau was frozen solid. It was like playing on a hockey rink and players struggled all day with footing.
  • Players commented that getting tackled on that field felt like being tackled on a concrete parking lot.
  • I still can’t believe how hardy the packers fans were. It was sellout and people stayed to the end.
The Ice Bowl loss was my first ”sports cry”. As a nine year old kid, I will never forget how sad I was when Bart Starr sneaked it. The packers were my first “hated team”.
I still "hate" the Packers. I nearly tore up my T.V. when Bart scored. If I was offered a free trip to Green Bay, I would go and take a whizz on Lambo field. Remember Jethro having frostbite? Bob H. had his hands in his jersey most of the game.