The I'm done with TO thread.

Aven8

Reaction score
That's it. I can't stand NO more. Believe me I love this guy as a player, but after this year we need to cut him loose IMO.

I'm so sick of his "quit" and his "pouting". Most of us already knew he wasn't a team player, but if you did not, yesterday showed everyone he is a selfish, undisciplined, me first WR. I think he is finished. Will he have a good game now and again, and win us a game? Probably. But we cannot rely on him anymore.

What I saw yesterday just put the icing on the cake for me. He quits on routes. He NEVER goes up for a ball, or tries to make a play if it's not right in his hands. And the not going in the huddle deal until he caught the TD really put me over the top....then he was all smiles.

IMO we need to cut our ties with him this offseason. I'm tired of the dog and pony show. We need team players, that are in it to win it...and quite frankly TO never will be.

This team needs a fresh start without all the drama and cutting him loose will go a long way in building the true "team" atmosphere.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I dunno...that might be a bit extreme.

I do think that they worry too much about getting the ball to him....Garrett, Romo....because they fear they're gonna lose him if they don't.

That leads to some forced throws. Probably not a good thing.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Aven8;2473270 said:
That's it. I can't stand NO more. Believe me I love this guy as a player, but after this year we need to cut him loose IMO.

I'm so sick of his "quit" and his "pouting". Most of us already knew he wasn't a team player, but if you did not, yesterday showed everyone he is a selfish, undisciplined, me first WR. I think he is finished. Will he have a good game now and again, and win us a game? Probably. But we cannot rely on him anymore.

What I saw yesterday just put the icing on the cake for me. He quits on routes. He NEVER goes up for a ball, or tries to make a play if it's not right in his hands. And the not going in the huddle deal until he caught the TD really put me over the top....then he was all smiles.

IMO we need to cut our ties with him this offseason. I'm tired of the dog and pony show. We need team players, that are in it to win it...and quite frankly TO never will be.

This team needs a fresh start without all the drama and cutting him loose will go a long way in building the true "team" atmosphere.

Been saying this all along. I can't wait til this guy is gone. :mad:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Aven8;2473270 said:

Thank you Lord for allowing this guy no say in Cowboy matters, Amen...

superpunk

Reaction score
Aven8;2473270 said:
Amen, and amen.

It's enough already with the quitting on routes.

Three more years.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
Aven8;2473270 said:
He quits on routes. He NEVER goes up for a ball, or tries to make a play if it's not right in his hands. And the not going in the huddle deal until he caught the TD really put me over the top....then he was all smiles.

I agree that its time for him to go, but that TD catch was all him. Romo just threw the ball into the endzone blindly but TO snagged it despite good coverage.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm on board. After what he has done this season and after how he played in the first half. I'm on board. The guy can still do it, just doesn't seem to care to do it unless it suits him.

Then he has the nerve to call out Romo after the game!

He has offically become ME-O again. Next.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Keep on complaining, complaining, and complaining...

Giants fans have been doing the same about how Plaxico Burress hasn't been a team player, how Eli tries to make him happy, how he quits on routes and takes plays off, yada, yada, yada...

They're now seeing the sad truth with him out of the lineup(i.e. more 8 men in the box to stop their run game).

I agree TO has numerous drawbacks, but to say we're BETTER without him in the lineup is a huge stretch. You want him out? Then I hope you get your wish one day!

Aven8

Reaction score
nyc;2473287 said:
I'm on board. After what he has done this season and after how he played in the first half. I'm on board. The guy can still do it, just doesn't seem to care to do it unless it suits him.

Then he has the nerve to call out Romo after the game!

He has offically become ME-O again. Next.

You got it! And by releasing him it will allow our team the fresh start we need going into next year.....NO more primaddona's.....a team first attitude. (That and cutting that waste of space PacJack!)

Aven8

Reaction score
Boysboy;2473303 said:

Giants fans have been doing the same about how Plaxico Burress hasn't been a team player, how Eli tries to make him happy, how he quits on routes and takes plays off, yada, yada, yada...

They're now seeing the sad truth with him out of the lineup(i.e. more 8 men in the box to stop their run game).

I agree TO has numerous drawbacks, but to say we're BETTER without him in the lineup is a huge stretch. You want him out? Then I hope you get your wish one day!

I will anyway. He's 35 so it's moot point. I'm just ready for a new start with team players.

And the Giants have been suffering......I'll take 11-2 and the best team in the league deal.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Boysboy;2473303 said:

They're now seeing the sad truth with him out of the lineup(i.e. more 8 men in the box to stop their run game)

You're reading into too much into one game yesterday. Plaxico has been a non-factor all year long, has already missed most of the year, and the Giants are still 11-2 record in the process. The Giants were due to lose a game.

But since you brought up the Giants example, funny how the the Giants were the team notorious for big egos, media backbiting and personal agendas. Then when Shockey and Tiki were injured or off the team, they won a Superbowl by playing better collective team ball with fewer individually talented players.

Aven8

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2473330 said:
You're reading into too much into one game yesterday. The Giants were due to lose a game. They've been playing without Plaxico for most of the year and compiling an 11-1 record in the process.

But since you brought up the Giants example, funny how the the Giants were the team notorious for media backbiting and personal agendas until Shockey and Tiki were off the team, and then won a Superbowl by playing better team ball with fewer individually talented players.

:hammer:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Aven8;2473319 said:
I will anyway. He's 35 so it's moot point. I'm just ready for a new start with team players.

And the Giants have been suffering......I'll take 11-2 and the best team in the league deal.

Since Burress left the lineup, yes, their run game hasn't been as effective-even Brian Dawkins admitted yesterday that without him, it was MUCH easier for them to game plan.

Again-it'll hurt them in the long run b/c no longer teams will put a safety over the top of whatever WR is out on the field. Instead, that safety will be that 8th man in the box instead.

Same can be said with TO-we're always having safety help over the top to free everyone else.

Like I said-you want him out...enjoy!

SacredStar

Reaction score
TO is a big part of this team obviously, but I got a feeling he will not be a Cowboy after this season.

I also have a feeling that that choice will be his, not the Cowboys.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Im really sick of the 'get TO involved' rhetoric that so many around here, and on the team spout. If getting TO 'involved' was the reason for that 3rd and 2 pitch to him, then I prefer much less involvement from 81.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Aven8;2473270 said:

TO is 35 years old and can still do what he did in the end zone to get us our lone TD. Get over it.

He sometimes says what we're all thinking. It's nothing new. He has always been true to a fault with the media. You get extra baggage with him. That's been no secret for like 10 yrs now... Yet still, he is the best WR we have on the field right now. I'll look forward to that day when we draft the next big thing at the #1 spot. For now, I will continue to enjoy the popcorn.

Aven8;2473270 said:
This team needs a fresh start without all the drama and gutting this sorry excuse for a coaching staff will go a long way in building the true "team" atmosphere.

There. Fixed it for ya. ;)

The Panch

Reaction score
What I wouldnt give for Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin. All the talent with more years left in em and team players who care more about winning than simply padding their stats and I dont have to worry about going off at any given moment or throwing people under the bus while talking to the media.

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2473330 said:
You're reading into too much into one game yesterday. Plaxico has been a non-factor all year long, has already missed most of the year, and the Giants are still 11-2 record in the process. The Giants were due to lose a game.

But since you brought up the Giants example, funny how the the Giants were the team notorious for big egos, media backbiting and personal agendas. Then when Shockey and Tiki were injured or off the team, they won a Superbowl by playing better collective team ball with fewer individually talented players.

Sorry to break it to you, but while getting rid of Shockey and Tiki helped them, Plaxico going, OTOH, was the tip of the iceberg.

You're reading too much into his stats this year. Again-he commands lots of by opposing defenses. Remember all those times this year when he pouted, cursed at coaches, faked injury so that he could skip camp/practices, etc? You tell me why hard*** Coughlin didn't do a darn thing to discipline him?

Yep-even Coughlin KNEW how valuable he is to that offense.

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
i'd agree completely with getting rid of TO.

and if you want to compare it to the Giants I think it is more along the lines of shedding shockey than burress.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
*Shrugs* I'll be willing to debate this topic of whether he should go or not more after the season. Right not it's pretty pointless to debate it, or be upset about it, cause he's not going anywhere this late in the year.