The I'm done with TO thread.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Aven8;2473304 said:
You got it! And by releasing him it will allow our team the fresh start we need going into next year.....NO more primaddona's.....a team first attitude. (That and cutting that waste of space PacJack!)

And what about a little thing called the Salary Cap?

neosapien23

Reaction score
TO won't go anywhere because of that huge contract he just signed. I really think Austin and Williams will be fine as the starting receivers. It is impossible to cut TO without crushing the cap, but if you really wanted to send a message to him about quitting on routes or complaining, bench him for three games and start Austin.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Aven8;2473319 said:
I will anyway. He's 35 so it's moot point. I'm just ready for a new start with team players.

And the Giants have been suffering......I'll take 11-2 and the best team in the league deal.

3 years $27 million more to go. About $12 million guaranteed. Just as important he is on his way to individualistic history and Hall of Fame stats. Jerry loves that and because of these reason's this 35 year old Eldorado isn't going anywhere but on the team bus for Sunday's. Whether we love or hate him, he's ours.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Boysboy;2473374 said:
Sorry to break it to you, but while getting rid of Shockey and Tiki helped them, Plaxico going, OTOH, was the tip of the iceberg.

You're reading too much into his stats this year. Again-he commands lots of by opposing defenses. Remember all those times this year when he pouted, cursed at coaches, faked injury so that he could skip camp/practices, etc? You tell me why hard*** Coughlin didn't do a darn thing to discipline him?

Yep-even Coughlin KNEW how valuable he is to that offense.

So valuable that Coughlin suspended him for skipping meetings (something that Wade would never be able to do to TO) and then kicked him off the team the first sign of legal trouble (You know Jerry would still stick by him)?

When Plaxico hasn't been suspended, he's been hobbled with injuries all year and relegated to a part time player. Yet the Giants were #1 in points scored per game. Gee, I dunno, I'm thinking maybe reasons the Giants had trouble throwing the ball on Sunday might have had something to do with the 50 mph gusts at the Meadowlands.

Boysboy

Reaction score
5Countem5;2473396 said:
And what about a little thing called the Salary Cap?

I would think Jerry put a clause in his contract that if he acted out like this to the extreme, that they would demand every penny of that signing bonus et al back.

Wow-just a bunch of kneejerk MMQB reactions. You know? What if Holland had stayed healthy? When he went down, we no longer could even run the ball effectively, much less give decent pass protection. We prolly win by double digits otherwise.

Remember when we had Keyshawn? Remember how he would occassionally drop key 3rd down passes and run bad routes? Remember how he would cuss out coaches and his other teammates occassionally? Why wasn't there any complaining about him back then?

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2473422 said:
So valuable that Coughlin suspended him for skipping meetings and then kicked him off the team the first time he got into legal trouble?

When Plaxico hasn't been suspended, he's been hobbled with injuries all year and relegated to a part time player. Yet the Giants were #1 in points scored per game. Gee, I dunno, I'm thinking maybe reasons the Giants had trouble throwing the ball on Sunday might have had something to do with the 50 mph gusts at the Meadowlands.

Aside from the suspension earlier in the year, Coughlin did next to nothing when Burress went M.I.A. in TC.

As for kicking him off the team-he wouldn't have been healthy enough anyways to play the rest of the year.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
His $12M guaranteed money make difficult to cut. I don't want to cut him, I want the Cowboys to stand up to him. Do your ****ing job or sit on the bench. If he wants to explode, let him. Suspend him or whatever. ME-O doesn't run the show with the Cowboys.

2much2soon

Reaction score
While I am generally ambivalent about TO, its hard to dispute that when he gets the ball early and often Dallas' offense is usually different beast.
The 3rd and 2 pitch to him was a little over the top. So was giving it to Anderson on 4th and 1. Why not Choice on that play?
I'd rather see them try to hit TO with short passes to get things going.
As far as yesterday's game went, a lot of this falls on Romo. I could see at least once, on TV, where he had TO wide open on a slant and didn't hit him when he had him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
SMH. You guys can't be *****' serious. A loss to the Steelers and everyone wants to get rid of everyone. You guys are a *****' joke. Is this how it goes on this site? We want everyone gone? TO has been fine. If he's pissed off let him. I'd rather him be pissed off than not give a damn.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
We're reaching a crossing point where BAD COACHING (every level) is causing the team to Implode, including it's two playmakers and most highly paid ones (romo / to).

both are distractions and being mishandled.

Romo is not reading defenses and looking pathetic except when playing b-squads. Let be honest here. His continuous FORCING the ball to #81 is compounding his problems and limiting our offense.

If we fail to bring in Cowher to run this ship correctly then we need to trade or cut TO and feature RW#11, our two stud TEs & running/catching Felix/MB/Choice.

the distraction didn't work out. we can lose WITHOUT TO just as we lost every big game WITH HIM.

Aven8;2473270 said:
That's it. I can't stand NO more. Believe me I love this guy as a player, but after this year we need to cut him loose IMO.

I'm so sick of his "quit" and his "pouting". Most of us already knew he wasn't a team player, but if you did not, yesterday showed everyone he is a selfish, undisciplined, me first WR. I think he is finished. Will he have a good game now and again, and win us a game? Probably. But we cannot rely on him anymore.

What I saw yesterday just put the icing on the cake for me. He quits on routes. He NEVER goes up for a ball, or tries to make a play if it's not right in his hands. And the not going in the huddle deal until he caught the TD really put me over the top....then he was all smiles.

IMO we need to cut our ties with him this offseason. I'm tired of the dog and pony show. We need team players, that are in it to win it...and quite frankly TO never will be.

This team needs a fresh start without all the drama and cutting him loose will go a long way in building the true "team" atmosphere.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2473457 said:
Maybe I missed something. When did Terrell Owens pout?

He blamed Romo after the game. He was responsible for one of Romo's three INTs and just watched the second one instead of contesting it. If he would have at least contested it, it may not have ended up being a INT. Instead he just watched it happen.

Boysboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;2473466 said:
SMH. You guys can't be *****' serious. A loss to the Steelers and everyone wants to get rid of everyone. You guys are a *****' joke. Is this how it goes on this site? We want everyone gone? TO has been fine. If he's pissed off let him. I'd rather him be pissed off than not give a damn.

For the record, I saw that route Owens supposedly "gave up" on with Romo's first INT. I couldn't tell, but it looked to me like he ran a bad break on it, he didn't "give up" on it like most Zoners here said. It was an ill-advised throw to begin with.

Honestly-I think most of the Owens hatred stems from what he did to the Star at the turn of the century.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2473470 said:
This thread blows....

T.O is the main reason Witten gets so many looks...

No T.O , more FORCED balls to Witten

Dude, go somewhere else. You're just filling this board with garbage. Witten had two great years before TO even arrived.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2473470 said:
This thread blows....

T.O is the main reason Witten gets so many looks...

No T.O , more FORCED balls to Witten

agree

agree

agree

Wow. I don't think we've ever agree this much before. Scary.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2473481 said:
agree

agree

agree

Wow. I don't think we've ever agree this much before. Scary.

I agree with the first, but not the second and third. As noted, Witten was a great TE before TO arrived. He didn't require TO to be able to get open.

Aven8

Reaction score
Boysboy;2473476 said:
For the record, I saw that route Owens supposedly "gave up" on with Romo's first INT. I couldn't tell, but it looked to me like he ran a bad break on it, he didn't "give up" on it like most Zoners here said. It was an ill-advised throw to begin with.

Honestly-I think most of the Owens hatred stems from what he did to the Star at the turn of the century.

Not for me.....I was all for getting this guy....I still like him....I'm just tired of him. He's worn out his welcome and we need a fresh start. Will he be missed.....probably (maybe a game or two) but does this team need it....Absolutely IMO.

Boysboy

Reaction score
nyc;2473479 said:
Dude, go somewhere else. You're just filling this board with garbage. Witten had two great years before TO even arrived.

What did you think of Keyshawn when he was here? Remember all those times he dropped key passes, cursed out coaches and players, had the bad case of fumbilitis and made excuses for it, etc, etc? Wow...I'm surprised how the majority of Zoners here said how GREAT he was...WOW...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2473491 said:
What did you think of Keyshawn when he was here? Remember all those times he dropped key passes, cursed out coaches and players, had the bad case of fumbilitis and made excuses for it, etc, etc? Wow...I'm surprised how the majority of Zoners here said how GREAT he was...WOW...

I have never been a Me-Shawn fan. I hate him even more now that he is on TV.