The I'm done with TO thread.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Aven8;2474494 said:
Evidently you are missing the whole premise of this thread. It's about being a "team". Has it been so long, or do you not know what a team really is?

TO is never going to buy into that concept, so why not get rid of him and try something new? I'm talking about starting fresh.....NO TO...and a new HC.

What have we won with him???? It's not just him, but he's a good starting point. He's a selfish player (and I know that WR's are selfish) that could care less about the team.

Why is it so HARD FOR PEOPLE TO GET IT THROUGH THERE FREAKIN SKULLS??????

What we are doing is not working!!!!!! Why not start building a team...that cares about the same things, winning, and is not in it for themselves!!!!

TO is a heck of a talent....sadly those days are numbered.....and I just assume it end after this season....let somebody else deal with it.

Some disappointment coming for you next year...

Bank on it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aven8;2474494 said:
TO is a heck of a talent....sadly those days are numbered.....and I just assume it end after this season....let somebody else deal with it.

I wouldnt normally do this but I will make an exception.... on behalf of Jerry Jones.

Wrong!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
What an absurd thread! He's the only guy on this team with the fire in his belly. He get's ticked off because of the way we are playing and he gets trashed.

Give me 2 or 3 more TOs.

Prima donna or not he is a great player and is the reason we are even in the playoff hunt.

His is Michael Irvin with out the off field issues. And I loved the Playmaker!

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2474377 said:
Is it me, or are these same posters who started all these "Get rid of TO!" threads when we lost back-back games against the Cards/Rams are also the same guys who mysteriously disappeared after we won 4/5...only to all of a sudden reappear with this same crap after the loss yesterday?:mad:

You're saying that I dissed T.O. after some disappointing showings? Prove it! Go find it and show us. Post it for us! You can't, because I NEVER DISSED T.O., EVER!!!! Do you're homework before you come 'round here and want people to think your the "grand administrator" of this forum.
I did however share, and remain committed to the fact that Romo is dangerous, flippant, untrustworthy, and basically and "adventure" away at any given time of giving the game away. Especially the most important outings. All you Romo-kool-aid drinkers out there, who refuse to look at the facts and are all "starry-eyed" and enamored with Tony, only see the "bling" and pretty good stats. But as of now, Romo is better known for all his "adventures" that usually end up with the ball on the ground, or a perfect pass to a wide-open defensive back.

Boysboy

Reaction score
lewpac;2474756 said:
You're saying that I dissed T.O. after some disappointing showings? Prove it! Go find it and show us. Post it for us! You can't, because I NEVER DISSED T.O., EVER!!!! Do you're homework before you come 'round here and want people to think your the "grand administrator" of this forum.
I did however share, and remain committed to the fact that Romo is dangerous, flippant, untrustworthy, and basically and "adventure" away at any given time of giving the game away. Especially the most important outings. All you Romo-kool-aid drinkers out there, who refuse to look at the facts and are all "starry-eyed" and enamored with Tony, only see the "bling" and pretty good stats. But as of now, Romo is better known for all his "adventures" that usually end up with the ball on the ground, or a perfect pass to a wide-open defensive back.

Dude-relax, I WASN'T talking about you. It's against the rules of this forum to call out people specifically by their SN. I just find it odd how after those back-back losses to bad teams, all this "Get rid of TO!" crap threads started popping up. The minute we started getting on a roll subsequently, these guys just mysteriously vanished, only to pop up again with this same crap after the loss yesterday.

Brian_C82

Reaction score
Romo and TO will never lead us to the promised land. I say we trade Romo, TO, and Barber to Miami for a bunch of draft picks. We could finally draft a real quarterback and replace some of the dead weight on this team.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Brian_C82;2474986 said:
Romo and TO will never lead us to the promised land. I say we trade Romo, TO, and Barber to Miami for a bunch of draft picks. We could finally draft a real quarterback and replace some of the dead weight on this team.

Trade owens to Parcells?:lmao:

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Alright then.................
It's just that you quoted ME to make your point. And I NEVER dissed T.O.
No harm, no foul I guess.
Listen, talk about T.O. and Romo and Witten all you want. Talk about Terrance Newman (who needs to be "talked about", and needs to be TALKED TO) all you want.
The problem is the coaching. I was a Ron Rivera guy to the hilt back when Parcells turned-tail and ran. And, I NEVER understood all the hype about the "Vunder-Child-Genius" Garrett. The guy with all of two years QB coaching experience in Miami!!! Name for me the QB's during his whole two years as QB coach in Miami????
Nope, between the bad coaching and the "Adventure of the week" play of Romo, therein lies the problem. Romo might be salvageable as a big-time, Hall of Fame QB, who knows. But not with THIS coaching staff.
Why can't Dallas have a Head Coach who breaths fire, throws his clip board, and bumbs his chest at officials? Why do we always have guys who's NFL experience has to do with football being played with leather helmets??? Campo? Gaily? Parcells? And now Phillips, guys who, if they got their shoes shined, have to take the guys word for it because they can't see below their belt line............
Go get the next Gruden, or even Bill Cowher! Get a guy who'll piss and moan and fart and scratch and scream and holler and bite and ***** his way into winning. Get Singletary for Gods sake................

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aven8;2473270 said:
That's it. I can't stand NO more. Believe me I love this guy as a player, but after this year we need to cut him loose IMO.
I don't get it. I really don't get it.

After Owens has been in a Cowboys uniform for 2 and 3/4 seasons, it's now, "I can't stand NO more."

Why?

How is Terrell Owens any different now as he was in San Francisco or in Philadelphia? He's still the same premier wide receiving talent with a 2-cent mentality just as he was as a 49er and an Eagle, but now... NOW it's, "I can't stand NO more"?

Incredible. There aren't any mulligans in the Terrell Owens fellowship. Either you don't like him and never did OR you like (or flat out love) him and always shall.

He is the exact same person that he has always been. good grief.

Batman

Reaction score
Aven8;2473270 said:
That's it. I can't stand NO more. Believe me I love this guy as a player, but after this year we need to cut him loose IMO.

I'm so sick of his "quit" and his "pouting". Most of us already knew he wasn't a team player, but if you did not, yesterday showed everyone he is a selfish, undisciplined, me first WR. I think he is finished. Will he have a good game now and again, and win us a game? Probably. But we cannot rely on him anymore.

What I saw yesterday just put the icing on the cake for me. He quits on routes. He NEVER goes up for a ball, or tries to make a play if it's not right in his hands. And the not going in the huddle deal until he caught the TD really put me over the top....then he was all smiles.

IMO we need to cut our ties with him this offseason. I'm tired of the dog and pony show. We need team players, that are in it to win it...and quite frankly TO never will be.

This team needs a fresh start without all the drama and cutting him loose will go a long way in building the true "team" atmosphere.

Getting a QB who does not choke in big games would go even a longer way.