The I'm done with TO thread.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Cogan;2474266 said:
I don't see how you can say that, anyway? Both of these players have done well this year, especially Austin. Austin has really improved this year, and I don't remember him dropping more than one or two passes. I HAVE seen him catch just about everything in his vicinity, some very tough catches.

I agree that Owens is not worth all of the NEGATIVE attention that he brings to the team. I don't get excited about him when he make TD catchs either. I get excited about the Cowboys, of which I don't think he's a part of. He is just a mercenary who would throw his teammates under the bus in a heartbeat if it served his purpose.

BS.

And you think Crayton has done WELL This year? :lmao2: Crayton has been absolutely awful. He can't even make an impact as the #3, working against journeymen corners and linebackers.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Cogan;2474266 said:
I don't see how you can say that, anyway? Both of these players have done well this year, especially Austin. Austin has really improved this year, and I don't remember him dropping more than one or two passes. I HAVE seen him catch just about everything in his vicinity, some very tough catches.

I agree that Owens is not worth all of the NEGATIVE attention that he brings to the team. I don't get excited about him when he make TD catchs either. I get excited about the Cowboys, of which I don't think he's a part of. He is just a mercenary who would throw his teammates under the bus in a heartbeat if it served his purpose.

No-Austin has benefited from all the attention our other guys like TO has been getting. Otherwise, he's only a #3(at best).

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I don't know, the whole argument is getting old as owens antics.
I wonder how all the teams that are going to the playoffs are doing it.
They don't have half the supposed talent we do.
They certainly don't have an owens.
The way we are supposed to be in awe of him you would think he could lift this team to the SB.

superpunk

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474325 said:
The way we are supposed to be in awe of him you would think he could lift this team to the SB.
Romo and Garrett are holding him back - or haven't you been reading the board?

We would probably score 80 points per game if we would just let T.O. run his magic routes all day.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2474310 said:
No-Austin has benefited from all the attention our other guys like TO has been getting. Otherwise, he's only a #3(at best).

Unbelievable. The whole offense centers around owens.:lmao:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474325 said:

Minny is pretty talented-they can run the ball AND stop the run(something that will be of a great asset to them come playoff time).

As long as Carolina has a healthy Delhomme and a lethal run game, they are always dangerous.

Tampa has a sick Cover 2 D.

Atlanta has always been talented, they were never properly coached until this year.

Arizona is lucky to get in b/c of the opponents in their division-we would be running away with that division even if we had 5 TO's running rampant on our team.

We're the most talented team in the league? Really?

BTW-why is the loss of the the Giants' own headcase WR(Burress) hurting their offense all of a sudden?

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Aven8;2473270 said:
That's it. I can't stand NO more. Believe me I love this guy as a player, but after this year we need to cut him loose IMO.

Most of us already knew he wasn't a team player, but if you did not, yesterday showed everyone he is a selfish, undisciplined, me first WR.

You can't be a GREAT WR in this league UNLESS you're "selfish" and "me first". Because it's the only and unique position on offense being out-on-an-island alone. The very job description determines that you're "on your own" out there.
Every one of the ten other offensive positions are jobs that have another nine guys around you and working together as a team and in concert with one another. The WR has no help, no immediate blocker in front of him, nobody within 10-17 yards close to him. So yeah, you kinda' gotta' be a little selfish, me first, and a "it's me against the world out here" attitude.
When things go wrong, you get to pout and be dejected and blow off some steam. When things go right, you're allowed to over-do it some and throw a party for yourself. Because, you're usually throwing the little party for about 20 seconds before any other team-mate can get to you. THAT'S how alone you are out there if your T.O.
Football 101 man.....................

Boysboy

Reaction score
lewpac;2474368 said:
You can't be a GREAT WR in this league UNLESS you're "selfish" and "me first". Because it's the only and unique position on offense being out-on-an-island alone. The very job description determines that you're "on your own" out there.
Every one of the ten other offensive positions are jobs that have another nine guys around you and working together as a team and in concert with one another. The WR has no help, no immediate blocker in front of him, nobody within 10-17 yards close to him. So yeah, you kinda' gotta' be a little selfish, me first, and a "it's me against the world out here" attitude.
When things go wrong, you get to pout and be dejected and blow off some steam. When things go right, you're allowed to over-do it some and throw a party for yourself. Because, you're usually throwing the little party for about 20 seconds before any other team-mate can get to you. THAT'S how alone you are out there if your T.O.
Football 101 man.....................

Is it me, or are these same posters who started all these "Get rid of TO!" threads when we lost back-back games against the Cards/Rams are also the same guys who mysteriously disappeared after we won 4/5...only to all of a sudden reappear with this same crap after the loss yesterday?:mad:

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
To any of the anti-Owens posters:

If Jerry Rice (at any point in his career) were a member of the Dallas Cowboys and you held him to the same standard you hold Owens to, you would want him gone...even more than you want Owens gone now. Trust me.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2474337 said:
Minny is pretty talented-they can run the ball AND stop the run(something that will be of a great asset to them come playoff time).

As long as Carolina has a healthy Delhomme and a lethal run game, they are always dangerous.

Tampa has a sick Cover 2 D.

Atlanta has always been talented, they were never properly coached until this year.

Arizona is lucky to get in b/c of the opponents in their division-we would be running away with that division even if we had 5 TO's running rampant on our team.

We're the most talented team in the league? Really?

Did you miss the word supposed? Or just ignore it?

BTW-why is the loss of the the Giants' own headcase WR(Burress) hurting their offense all of a sudden?

It didn't, the Eagles played a great game and Elli went back to being well, Elli.

superpunk

Reaction score
JordanTaber;2474393 said:
To any of the anti-Owens posters:

If Jerry Rice (at any point in his career) were a member of the Dallas Cowboys and you held him to the same standard you hold Owens to, you would want him gone...even more than you want Owens gone now. Trust me.
A quick google search reveals that you are not a Dallas Cowboys fan.

You are a Terrell Owens fan.

Therefore noone cares what you think.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2474413 said:
You are hardly qualified to speak for everyone...especially considering you're such an idiot.

Most people, maybe.
he is but all you post about is defending Owens

superpunk

Reaction score
JordanTaber;2474413 said:
You are hardly qualified to speak for everyone...especially considering you're such an idiot.

Most people, maybe.
Be that as it may, I am not wrong. You are a fan of Terrell Owens, not the Dallas Cowboys. So forgive me for noting that bias and disregarding any opinion you might have regarding Terrell Owens, your own personal man-crush.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2474338 said:
Are you saying Austin is a #1 on any team?

Where do you read this stuff? Please show me exactly where I even mentioned Austin. I think it's funny that you think our whole offense
functions around owens.

I think Witten is a great player who can catch in traffic and take balls away from defenders.
I think RW is the same way.
I think Barber can make plays in the passing game.
I now believe Choice can.
I think another good WR can be brought here and we would lose not to much.
There are allot of teams with less talent on the field going as far if not farther
than we are.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474422 said:
Where do you read this stuff? Please show me exactly where I even mentioned Austin. I think it's funny that you think our whole offense
functions around owens.

I think Witten is a great player who can catch in traffic and take balls away from defenders.
I think RW is the same way.
I think Barber can make plays in the passing game.
I now believe Choice can.
I think another good WR can be brought here and we would lose not to much.
There are allot of teams with less talent on the field going as far if not farther
than we are.

But our OL, to be frank, has been somewhat underwhelming-doesn't matter the arsenal you have, it all starts up front.

Those other teams that don't have our arsenal, they have very athletic OLs, which allow their coordinators to open up their playbook alot.(i.e. Eagles)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2474440 said:
But our OL, to be frank, has been somewhat underwhelming-doesn't matter the arsenal you have, it all starts up front.

Those other teams that don't have our arsenal, they have very athletic OLs, which allow their coordinators to open up their playbook alot.(i.e. Eagles)

I agree about the Oline. That still doesn't mean that owens can't be replaced by a good WR and barley missed. If our O line was better, our other weapons would also be better. Not just owens.

The Giants replaced Shockey with a virtual no nammer, he's done pretty well and doesn't carry on like Shockey did.

Aven8

Reaction score
T.O81;2473892 said:
:lmao2:

It's people like this that make me laugh! you my friend along with many others on here are gonna be the same that jump up for joy when T.O makes them TD's and what not. so why bash the guy now?? some of you guys on here are a damn joke really.

Evidently you are missing the whole premise of this thread. It's about being a "team". Has it been so long, or do you not know what a team really is?

TO is never going to buy into that concept, so why not get rid of him and try something new? I'm talking about starting fresh.....NO TO...and a new HC.

What have we won with him???? It's not just him, but he's a good starting point. He's a selfish player (and I know that WR's are selfish) that could care less about the team.

Why is it so HARD FOR PEOPLE TO GET IT THROUGH THERE FREAKIN SKULLS??????

What we are doing is not working!!!!!! Why not start building a team...that cares about the same things, winning, and is not in it for themselves!!!!

TO is a heck of a talent....sadly those days are numbered.....and I just assume it end after this season....let somebody else deal with it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474463 said:
I agree about the Oline. That still doesn't mean that owens can't be replaced by a good WR and barley missed. If our O line was better, our other weapons would also be better. Not just owens.

The Giants replaced Shockey with a virtual no nammer, he's done pretty well and doesn't carry on like Shockey did.

FINALLY we agree on something! I tell you what-let's fix the OL FIRST, and maybe, just MAYBE I'll get on that anti-Owens bandwagon, OK?;)

But yeah-the Vikings OL is a prime example-Steve Hutchinson is a monster, and is largely the reason why AP runs all over the place.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
nyc;2473287 said:
I'm on board. After what he has done this season and after how he played in the first half. I'm on board. The guy can still do it, just doesn't seem to care to do it unless it suits him.

Then he has the nerve to call out Romo after the game!

He has offically become ME-O again. Next.

I would have called out Tony Favre too!