The I'm done with TO thread.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2473773 said:
:hammer: The Pats did it how many years with out huge name WRs?
owens has to be kept happy, as most WRs do. The problem is he always takes it to extremes when he isn't, that effects every thing.

I guess you haven't kept up with the Pats this year-Moss has been having butterfingers left and right, and has been taking plays off when things don't go his way.

But, en yet, Belichick somehow has that team in a good position DESPITE a no-name backup QB in there.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
i agree totally (accept i blame witten, but definitely not TO. We as cowboy fans are so knee jerk.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aven8;2473270 said:
That's it. I can't stand NO more. Believe me I love this guy as a player, but after this year we need to cut him loose IMO.

I'm so sick of his "quit" and his "pouting". Most of us already knew he wasn't a team player, but if you did not, yesterday showed everyone he is a selfish, undisciplined, me first WR. I think he is finished. Will he have a good game now and again, and win us a game? Probably. But we cannot rely on him anymore.

What I saw yesterday just put the icing on the cake for me. He quits on routes. He NEVER goes up for a ball, or tries to make a play if it's not right in his hands. And the not going in the huddle deal until he caught the TD really put me over the top....then he was all smiles.

IMO we need to cut our ties with him this offseason. I'm tired of the dog and pony show. We need team players, that are in it to win it...and quite frankly TO never will be.

This team needs a fresh start without all the drama and cutting him loose will go a long way in building the true "team" atmosphere.

You want to get rid of the guy that caught what should have ultimately the gamewinning TD.

TO stays.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
BHendri5;2473756 said:
I'm so sick and tired of those of you that after every loss "it's becomes the let us pick on T.O., show). Gee weez, Romo threw the game away, not T.O.

T.O. did not throw Romo under the bus, he never said anything close, the media put that in. They brought up Romo's name in a question and T.O. simply said it was his decision. Now who is the QB, Romo, it is His decision to whom he throws the ball to, "that was the truth" if you cannot handle T.O. telling the truth, I feel for you.

Romo, has the makings to be a great QB, but just as Air Force One , stated in his post, Romo has to take that next step get rid of that "kid living out his fantasy" and realize that he is the Cowboys QB and he is the captain of this team, step up and drive this team to wins, there are times when he needs to exert his will over this team, and distribute the ball to everyone that is open.

Romo is the reason that Witten and Owens get so many passes, it is not Jason Garrett, trying to keep T.O. happy, it is Romo trying to keep Witten and T.O. happy, both of those guys want the ball, I love that, but Tony needs to tell them, I'll get it to you, but if others are open they will get it first.

did you not notice that Roy was not going into the huddle? He did it the majority of the game and I was wondering why he was not going to the huddle, am I the only one that noticed that about Roy?

all truth. i am trying to figure out what TO did yesterday that has everyone up in arms. He said nothing wrong in the press conference. In fact he complimented the D, and said WE everytime he said something negative about the offense.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2473435 said:
Aside from the suspension earlier in the year, Coughlin did next to nothing when Burress went M.I.A. in TC.

As for kicking him off the team-he wouldn't have been healthy enough anyways to play the rest of the year.

Do you think he will be welcome next year? Hell he might end up a Cowboy the way Jerry likes idiots.;)

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2473831 said:
Do think he will be welcome next year? Hell he might end up a Cowboy the way Jerry likes idiots.;)

Hey-bring on Vick, Tiki, Plax, and let's get this party started!!:laugh1:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2473836 said:
Hey-bring on Vick, Tiki, Plax, and let's get this party started!!:laugh1:

Don't laugh, Jerrys probably trying to figure out how to geter done.:D

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2473773 said:
:hammer: The Pats did it how many years with out huge name WRs?
owens has to be kept happy, as most WRs do. The problem is he always takes it to extremes when he isn't, that effects every thing.

Well, see, you're just supposed to put up with TO calling you out. Because at least TO is "passionate". If you can't take it, it's just because you're a big baby. Maybe you're not cut out for the big time.

But whatever you do, don't get in TO's face ... he'll be chugging vicadin like candy. He's a sensative soul.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Aven8;2473270 said:
That's it. I can't stand NO more. Believe me I love this guy as a player, but after this year we need to cut him loose IMO.

I'm so sick of his "quit" and his "pouting". Most of us already knew he wasn't a team player, but if you did not, yesterday showed everyone he is a selfish, undisciplined, me first WR. I think he is finished. Will he have a good game now and again, and win us a game? Probably. But we cannot rely on him anymore.

What I saw yesterday just put the icing on the cake for me. He quits on routes. He NEVER goes up for a ball, or tries to make a play if it's not right in his hands. And the not going in the huddle deal until he caught the TD really put me over the top....then he was all smiles.

IMO we need to cut our ties with him this offseason. I'm tired of the dog and pony show. We need team players, that are in it to win it...and quite frankly TO never will be.

This team needs a fresh start without all the drama and cutting him loose will go a long way in building the true "team" atmosphere.

:lmao2:

It's people like this that make me laugh! you my friend along with many others on here are gonna be the same that jump up for joy when T.O makes them TD's and what not. so why bash the guy now?? some of you guys on here are a damn joke really.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
T.O81;2473892 said:
:lmao2:

It's people like this that make me laugh! you my friend along with many others on here are gonna be the same that jump up for joy when T.O makes them TD's and what not. so why bash the guy now?? some of you guys on here are a damn joke really.

Don't lump every one who would prefer owens not be here together.
I don't see him helping this team get any where, I don't think we will until 1) we get a coach who doesn't fear him or 2) he's gone.

So no I don't jump up and down when he scores. I can't wait until he's gone.
Maybe I can enjoy watching games again.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2473928 said:
Don't lump every one who would prefer owens not be here together.
I don't see him helping this team get any where, I don't think we will until 1) we get a coach who doesn't fear him or 2) he's gone.

So no I don't jump up and down when he scores. I can't wait until he's gone.
Maybe I can enjoy watching games again.

HAHAH so you rather have WR's like stone hands crayton, and austin on the team??? :lmao2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
T.O81;2473937 said:
HAHAH so you rather have WR's like stone hands crayton, and austin on the team??? :lmao2:

Did I say that? Is owens THE ONLY Wrs in the NFL? There are always other options at every position.

I don't see where he helps so much that he's worth it.
Jerry does because it keeps the Cowboys in the news.
Guess what? I would rather have trophies than news.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
images

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha...this is such an amusing thread! Because Owens was pissed at the end of the game that merits his release? Weren't you guys upset? Hell, I know I was! I'm no T.O. apologist by any means but at the same time I respect what he brings to this team. Those of you with misguided anger need to focus it on the other T.O., as in "TO" Tony because his four miscues ultimately did them in...

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Where the hell is this thread even coming from?

Quitting on routes? You mean like Jason Witten on Romo's interception at the end? Should Dallas cut him, too?

Reaction score
T.O81;2473937 said:
I don't see how you can say that, anyway? Both of these players have done well this year, especially Austin. Austin has really improved this year, and I don't remember him dropping more than one or two passes. I HAVE seen him catch just about everything in his vicinity, some very tough catches.

I agree that Owens is not worth all of the NEGATIVE attention that he brings to the team. I don't get excited about him when he make TD catchs either. I get excited about the Cowboys, of which I don't think he's a part of. He is just a mercenary who would throw his teammates under the bus in a heartbeat if it served his purpose.