The Jason Garrett you bad red headed coach thread

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got beef with the Ginger, here is the thread to air it out in.

Please keep it within the guidelines

perrykemp

Reaction score
I thought JG was fine. I know -- it's a unpopular opinion.

Without QB1 and WR1 the goal it to keep in close in the 4th quarter and win 50% of the games.

It didn't work out this game.

Frankly, I thought the coaching staff thought they'd be able to hang their hat on what was supposed to be the #1 OL in the NFL in Romo's absence. The OL has been found wanting....

Bcrav4

Reaction score
His coaching record is inching ever closer to .500 again.

Sydla

Reaction score
I've never been a big Garrett fan but just don't know how you can judge him right now. Maybe blame him for not getting a better backup qb but that's on the FO too.

Because of mistakes made that have nothing to do with talent. The mental mistakes that pile up week after week eventually have to fall at the feet of the staff.

Injuries suck and are a factor. But even when a team is under talented if they are well coached you can see evidence of that.

We don't see that right now. Bad fundamentals, stupid mistakes, mental lapses.

MrMom

Reaction score
Not calling a timeout in OT with Gachkar limping off and Wilson coming on very late was an egregious mistake. Brees attacked that immediately. I don't know why you wouldn't call a timeout to get the defense settled. Why save them in OT?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Jason sucks! He should be able to coach up @jobberone and put him in the game!

Who was that LB bloke that was in towards the end of the game? Tom Cruise? Look, Collinsworth called this team a M.A.S.H. unit but that was putting it kindly. The only difference between our roster and an episode of The Walking Dead is Melissa McBride, and she could probably start at 3 different positions for us right now.

Hardy and McClain are going to be huge for this team. Huge. We have Grego back too, I heard he's been wrapping his ankle in cannabis daily and it's healing up nicely. Dez is back Week 7.

Please, of you'd be so kind as to take my suggestion. Eat some ice cream, drink a little american honey, make a little love to the wife or GF or whatever you're into and chill. This was a weird game and we were in a weird situation.

Don't freak out just yet.

Everson24

Reaction score
Terrible coaching all around from his preseason plan to protect the players from injury (which I believe has backfired) to his game planning. He is just way too predictable in everything he does. This team is done. We will not win another game with Weeden at QB.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I can't fault the head coaching here outside of not getting a timeout when the 12th guy was running off the field. it was obvious he wasn't getting off in time.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Mr Garrett you should be coaching in Canada. Here we use 12 men.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not calling a timeout when we had 12 guys on the field and not calling a timeout when our LB got hurt in OT were mistakes rookie coaches make.

Just par for the course with Garrett.