The Jason Garrett you bad red headed coach thread

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Memories light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories of the way we were
Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another for the way we were . . .

Ah, yes, running across a plaza, scattering the pigeons into flight. . . Jimma and his blue-collar teams rolling through the East like a starved Josh Brent at the training table . . . Jerra and Jimma sharing a malt at the maltshop . . . mammaries of those days are so sweet.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
I know! Let's fire Garrett and promote Linehan or Marinelli to interim HC. Oh wait. The Rams and Lions already tried that.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
[rant]

I cant stress the above enough. Having skimmed the GDT and the ensuing melodramatic BS that follows any loss (or ugly win for that matter) - I would like to issue a challenge. Learn football. Like actually learn it. Not just know the rules a little and kinda understand positions. Get the schemes. Get educated on the X's and O's. You spend a LOT of time here reading about your Cowboys. You watch 6+ hours of football a week. Why not learn in more depth?

The simple truth is this: A coach can only hide so many flaws on his team. Its easy to adjust or mask a few things. You can send the occasional blitz when you have bad DEs. You can use a slot WR in lieu of a poor RB. What you CAN NOT do is scheme or adjust your way out of not having any talent. You polish a dog turd, its still a piece of crap.

[/rant]

I hate to tell you buddy, but this is not the thread for reasonable, well thought out opinions.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
so lets give a coach a bunch of 7th round playrs and ask them to go play against GB, Atlanta and NE and see if he can scheme things and faart lightening to win games...seriously!!!

I'm not saying that he's not doing the best he can with what he has to work with, I'm just saying that the situation that the Cowboys are in right now exposes the weaknesses that this coaching staff has. It's no different than any coaching staff. Now if you are claiming that this staff does not have any warts, well, that's a different argument.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not saying that he's not doing the best he can with what he has to work with, I'm just saying that the situation that the Cowboys are in right now exposes the weaknesses that this coaching staff has. It's no different than any coaching staff. Now if you are claiming that this staff does not have any warts, well, that's a different argument.

Garrett gets out coached every week, bar none. And is it ANY coincidence that we get destroyed at half time every week and some team makes adjustments and we dont?

GREAT backup QB situation. LOL Way to destroy the best run game the NFL in one year. LOL

McFadden, Dunbar, Randle? Garrett should have been fired 8 years ago. Sorry, he should have never been hired.