The Jones’s are not catching enough heat for Kellen Moore

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
With the improvement we’ve seen out of Dak Prescott in recent weeks and how he looks significantly better in this scheme it’s amazing to me that the Jones’s aren’t catching heat for forcing Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Even with the “#1 offense” a year ago McCarthy had seen enough and sent Kellen Moore packing.

I didn’t realize how bad things were but the hand picked coordinator was just another poor coaching decision by the Jones’s that set this team back multiple years.

Dak’s command of the offense and his footwork are just night and day compared to where he was.

phildadon86

Reaction score
With the improvement we’ve seen out of Dak Prescott in recent weeks and how he looks significantly better in this scheme it’s amazing to me that the Jones’s aren’t catching heat for forcing Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Even with the “#1 offense” a year ago McCarthy had seen enough and sent Kellen Moore packing.

I didn’t realize how bad things were but the hand picked coordinator was just another poor coaching decision by the Jones’s that set this team back multiple years.

Dak’s command of the offense and his footwork are just night and day compared to where he was.
There were some here that claimed Moore wasnt the problem and Dak was. Not sure if you were one of them. Y'all couldnt wait to see Moore with a "REAL QB".

Sorry not trying to call out anyone by name but my God. Some of you need to eat some crow. Big time.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score

The Jones haven't caught enough heat for a lot of things. Just like they thought they had something in Jason Garrett, and he was on the sidelines for a decade.

MM should have never taken the job with KM forced on him.

rambo2

Reaction score

Lol, you should be happy where the team is today. They have the team contending and have as many championships as half of the entire league combined. This constant complaining is ridiculous.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There were some here that claimed Moore wasnt the problem and Dak was. Not sure if you were one of them. Y'all couldnt wait to see Moore with a "REAL QB".

Sorry not trying to call out anyone by name but my God. Some of you need to eat some crow. Big time.
I didn’t think Moore was near the problem that he was or if McCarthys scheme is just that great.

Dak almost always has an answer and knows where to go with the ball right now and his footwork is top tier.

It makes me think Trey Lance is probably going to end up a lot better than people think too after working with McCarthy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I don’t see why the Joneses should be receiving heat. We had the number one offense in the league in 2019. Everyone was in love with Kellen Moore. A lot of fans wanted him as our next HC. Dak was having an MVP season in 2020 before he was injured. Not one fan complained about Moore staying on as the OC when McCarthy took over. Things went well early on with Moore before it started to sour. The Chargers actually looked better than we did offensively to start this season. They were ranked in the top five while we were ranked 17th. The problem with the Chargers is Justin Herbert has regressed and now he’s out with an injury.

rambo2

Reaction score
So say they catch heat. Then what? Nothing changes. Jones isn't going to say "My God, what a terrible mistake!" and then step down as GM/Owner/Team President. Things will continue as they have. Focus on things that may actually change.
Why would we want a change? They are doing great cuurently.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The big problem was Jerry's refusal to give up on creating the perfect puppet head coach in Garrett.

When he clearly should have been fired, Jerry retained Moore to add some sort of modernness to Garrets stale 90s crap….also Dak was “comfortable” at a time when he probably should have been challenged.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Who knew, that a head coach who never head coached at any level and an OC who never OC'd at any level were bad ideas for the most valuable sports franchise in the world...?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I never wanted Kellen or Garrett anywhere near Dallas. I did state that Dak and KM were not a good fit together many times and one needed to go and Moore would probably be the odd man out.

I like the fact that Dak now has a real, experienced coach to work with and learn from. I am excited to see what he does with Lance, the probable #2 next season.

kskboys

Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing.