The Jones’s are not catching enough heat for Kellen Moore

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don’t see why the Joneses should be receiving heat. We had the number one offense in the league in 2019. Everyone was in love with Kellen Moore. A lot of fans wanted him as our next HC. Dak was having an MVP season in 2020 before he was injured. Not one fan complained about Moore staying on as the OC when McCarthy took over. Things went well early on with Moore before it started to sour. The Chargers actually looked better than we did offensively to start this season. They were ranked in the top five while we were ranked 17th. The problem with the Chargers is Justin Herbert has regressed and now he’s out with an injury.
He's had injuries the entire year. He was still like top 5 QBR pretty recently I believe so I think it's more of a team failure.

He'll get a fresh start so we'll see.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn’t think Moore was near the problem that he was or if McCarthys scheme is just that great.

Dak almost always has an answer and knows where to go with the ball right now and his footwork is top tier.

It makes me think Trey Lance is probably going to end up a lot better than people think too after working with McCarthy.
Alot of people forget that Rodgers was a mess before McCarthy got there.

quickccc

Reaction score
With the improvement we’ve seen out of Dak Prescott in recent weeks and how he looks significantly better in this scheme it’s amazing to me that the Jones’s aren’t catching heat for forcing Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Even with the “#1 offense” a year ago McCarthy had seen enough and sent Kellen Moore packing.

I didn’t realize how bad things were but the hand picked coordinator was just another poor coaching decision by the Jones’s that set this team back multiple years.

Dak’s command of the offense and his footwork are just night and day compared to where he was.
As well as Dak and the offense has been since McCarthy's adjustment from Dink n Dunk - i guess that will be some fans' perspective.

- We had the NFL's #1 ranked offense under Kellen so it wasn't all bad. and he was an upgrade over Scott Linehan.
His flaws became more apparent when he just could not adjust nd counter what the Niners were throwing
at he and Dak in two back to back playoff years.

- Moore has his pluses and minuses, he just never evolved and expanded, imo
Frankly we will also have to see what becomes of Tex Coast under McCarthy as well, and see if he himself
will evolve and expand.

- You have to constantly keep growing and adding new ideas and approaches as opposing defenses will have film of your current offense and counter scheme and adjust accordingly.
That was the knock on McCarthy in GB ... that he stayed with the status quo and became predictable.

- Just as it did with Kellen, the Niners also will prove the measuring stick that McCarthy, himself
also will have to prove he can hurdle over and advance further into the playoffs.

Lonzo per Training Day: ..." This is Chess, ..not Checkers "

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t see why the Joneses should be receiving heat. We had the number one offense in the league in 2019. Everyone was in love with Kellen Moore. A lot of fans wanted him as our next HC. Dak was having an MVP season in 2020 before he was injured. Not one fan complained about Moore staying on as the OC when McCarthy took over. Things went well early on with Moore before it started to sour. The Chargers actually looked better than we did offensively to start this season. They were ranked in the top five while we were ranked 17th. The problem with the Chargers is Justin Herbert has regressed and now he’s out with an injury.
Ditto here. :clap:

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With the improvement we’ve seen out of Dak Prescott in recent weeks and how he looks significantly better in this scheme it’s amazing to me that the Jones’s aren’t catching heat for forcing Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Even with the “#1 offense” a year ago McCarthy had seen enough and sent Kellen Moore packing.

I didn’t realize how bad things were but the hand picked coordinator was just another poor coaching decision by the Jones’s that set this team back multiple years.

Dak’s command of the offense and his footwork are just night and day compared to where he was.
I agree that it looks like someone has tailored a system ideal for Dak but, again, the wheels did not fall off in previous years until the competition level was raised. Those offenses performed well until the stress levels were raised on the QB. Declarations of success or failure are premature until we've successfully navigated those waters.

Now, just on logic and principle I would agree that Jerry's forcing Moore onto a newly minted head coach who is supposed to be a QB guru and excellent OC is mind-numbingly stupid. Jerry gets caught up in the fad talk about young coaches vs "old heads" and it highlights the fact that he doesn't know what he's doing half the time.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's had injuries the entire year. He was still like top 5 QBR pretty recently I believe so I think it's more of a team failure.

He'll get a fresh start so we'll see.
He’s had some injuries and although he’s very productive he doesn’t win games. He’s only had one winning season. They had a playoff team last year and he was a big part of the reason they blew that 27 point lead to Jacksonville. He’s played 64 regular season games and is 2 games under 500. I do agree the team around him isn’t great and if he was on a loaded team, he would probably have a much better winning percentage. He’s like Matt Stafford in Detroit, big numbers, but the wins aren’t coming. The Chargers signed him to a huge contract and so far it hasn’t gone well.

Mannix

Reaction score

STOP IT RIGHT NOW....do NOT rewrite history....the lazy conman DID NOT want to call plays when he got here, and made that crystal clear again a year later....he only for the first time acted as if it were a great idea, AFTER the failure in SF last post season and his job was teetering. Corky apologists and lovers alike, really have a short memory whilst falling all over his current regular season ride over predominately bad to average teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Where did the Joneses force Kellen Moore on McCarthy? McCarthy wanted Kellen Moore and even said so. Moore was terrific as OC his first year. As I mentioned in my previous post, we had the number one offense in the league. Everyone was in love with Moore after his first season and many fans wanted him to be promoted to head coach. He was even being referred to as a genius. lol You’re just living in the moment.

Gambit

Reaction score
Should we tar and feather them?

Physically remove them from the state?

Put them in a big Indiana Jones people cooking pot?

Tenga-shanko

Not sure what level of heat you're looking for.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I guess the problem all along was Garrett and Moore. Fortunately for Dak, he's now getting coached by a real NFL-caliber coach.
I was saying that for years. The system and scheme were antique and didnt do any player any favours. People loved blaming the QB though.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He’s had some injuries and although he’s very productive he doesn’t win games. He’s only had one winning season. They had a playoff team last year and he was a big part of the reason they blew that 27 point lead to Jacksonville. He’s played 64 regular season games and is 2 games under 500. I do agree the team around him isn’t great and if he was on a loaded team, he would probably have a much better winning percentage. He’s like Matt Stafford in Detroit, big numbers, but the wins aren’t coming. The Chargers signed him to a huge contract and so far it hasn’t gone well.
Not on a loaded team?

Keenan Allen, Ekeler, Williams...That is a scary offense. He just isnt that good.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m blaming them and did for years. Think goodness Mike finally got his skins and was able to talk them into removing him

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Where did the Joneses force Kellen Moore on McCarthy? McCarthy wanted Kellen Moore and even said so. Moore was terrific as OC his first year. As I mentioned in my previous post, we had the number one offense in the league. Everyone was in love with Moore after his first season and many fans wanted him to be promoted to head coach. He was even being referred to as a genius. lol You’re just living in the moment.
Oh no you believed that lie?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

That's probably bc the media was fooled too. How many times we're they talking about how he'd be a HC next season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not on a loaded team?

Keenan Allen, Ekeler, Williams...That is a scary offense. He just isnt that good.
Those three players don’t make them loaded. Mike Williams has been out all season with an injury. They’ve been gutted by injuries. The Chargers aren’t a bad team, but they’re certainly not a great team. Herbert has been rated top five at least the past two seasons due to his numbers. However, he’s had injury issues this season, which has caused him to regress.