Twitter: The Jones family has been on vacation this week during FA *confirmed*

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
As long as they continue to print Money winning is Secondary

The way they run this ship is a joke. But as owner, that's Jerry's prerogative. He's mastered the art of generating revenue. Probably better than any owner in NFL history. Unfortunately for us as fans who care about following a winning team, this model won't work. It's proven over 20 years now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Typically I tend to take a step back when the majority of fans freak out, panic and think the sky is falling over matters that we aren't in full possession of the facts.
Some fans act like we have a bottomless pot of gold (good timing for this reference) and have to sit in the same room throughout all of free agency.
I know everyone wants the biggest FA names/players but there's a lot to consider. Imagine if we paid a butt=load of money to some of the players who are asking more than we should spend. Fans would lose their minds.

Pants

Reaction score
so, if I am right, only Dallas and Pittsburgh left with no FA signees so far....there must be some type of HUGE bet between the Jones and Rooney families, and the Jones wanted to make sure that they won the bet

hqdefault.jpg

chicago JK

Reaction score
It is ok, Will McClay runs this whole organization

~checks with my sources~

Oh never mind, he wasnt left with the keys to the facility

LittleD

Reaction score
Why are you guys still fretting? The Cowboy FO doesn't play in the 1st week of FA and Stephen told you that. They will be back a couple weeks before
the draft and see if any bargains still remain in FA. When you don't have loads of millions to spend, you have to budget and Walmart and the potato
couch is where you shop.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Hopefully Stephen will come back a few pounds heavier and wearing his cap backwards

diefree666

Reaction score
Why are you guys still fretting? The Cowboy FO doesn't play in the 1st week of FA and Stephen told you that. They will be back a couple weeks before
the draft and see if any bargains still remain in FA. When you don't have loads of millions to spend, you have to budget and Walmart and the potato
couch is where you shop.
it would not be all that much of a risk to restructure a couple of other contracts and thus have money to spend. But when the teams top officials decide to go on vacation at a time like this nothing else needs to be said; except by those stupid enough to still defend them.

LittleD

Reaction score
it would not be all that much of a risk to restructure a couple of other contracts and thus have money to spend. But when the teams top officials decide to go on vacation at a time like this nothing else needs to be said; except by those stupid enough to still defend them.

Don't you listen to Stephen. They don't like to do that any longer as you have to pay average or marginal players like they were superstars. You need to spend your
energy studying for the draft because that is not the Cowboys playpen.

HungryLion

Reaction score
They were cheap and filled a temporary hole. That's what this team does not with FA. The draft is where they think they can build a winning team.

Are you really trying to excuse the general manager being on vacation during one of the most important weeks of the league year?

I mean really?

Pathetic

LittleD

Reaction score
Are you really trying to excuse the general manager being on vacation during one of the most important weeks of the league year?

I mean really?

Pathetic

Are you really so naïve to think that anything this board of minions says or thinks has any influence on the Jones family or Will McClay? I mean really? Pathetic...

HungryLion

Reaction score
Are you really so naïve to think that anything this board of minions says or thinks has any influence on the Jones family or Will McClay? I mean really? Pathetic...

So, because we have no influence, that makes your pathetic defense of their laziness and incompetence valid?

That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve heard in a while.