Twitter: The Jones family has been on vacation this week during FA *confirmed*

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, the local beat needs access to the team. They usually buy whatever Jerry is selling. Currently, the jones boys are selling doing nothing as a strategy. So, the local media laps it up.
It’s become a non story. Plus we don’t have much Cap to spend nor trust Jerry to make good FA moves so we’d just as soon be inactive. Lol

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Free Agent- "Team A is offering me 4 years at $6M a year. Team B is offering 4 years at $4M. But team B took me to dinner so I'm going with them."

Yeah... that happens.
What if we offer the same amount of money. Like with Sammy Watkins. I heard we offered a little less guaranteed money.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
OK I'll address this one more time. JJones after his second billions in wealth was able to buy a cell phone and after the next billion
he jumped all in and blow another wad on a lap top computer. All his electronics today is wireless compatible also.
Now in the computer is loaded he's Dallas Cowboy's Proprietary software and it's all about Dallas Cowboys information including the 2018 free AGENTS! Lookie there! He's entirely remote. Back in Dallas he does business by what, phone and computer.

I also apolgize for being snarky azz can
:thumbup:,I'm privy to the inside scoop on some things due to certain connections I've maintained in the aeronautical field& scuttlebutt is JERRY is fixing to do away with his stripper/bartender/ door gunners on his COWBOYS helicopter AND just absorb through osmosis,thanks to a 'state of the art' special skin graft he's had surgically installed on the back of his neck, Johnny walker Blue label gravity drip bladders ingeniously and ever-so-slyly,secreted within the hidden confines of his shirt collar ALSO! new for 2018, it's been determined to only go with a single underslung Center fuselage mounted miniguno_O

.:starspin: YEA-JERRY:starspin:

:thumbup::bow::thumbup:

(Personally, I'd still roll with the old school pair of onboard strippers/ bartenders/door gunners:rolleyes:)

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They’re about average without a strong HC like Jimmy.

I bet Matt Millen, if given 22 years, could do better. They are far below average b/c they've been average for an absurd length of time. We have got to be bottom 5 in playoff wins over the last 20 years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I bet Matt Millen, if given 22 years, could do better. They are far below average b/c they've been average for an absurd length of time. We have got to be bottom 5 in playoff wins over the last 20 years.
I’m a huge critic of Jerry but he’s not the worst GM. His record says he’s average. We’re a model of mediocrity.

Playoff wins might be your only measurement but actually overall wins and playoff appearances would equate in and that’s where Jerry is average.

And yes as Jerry even admitted he would have fired a GM with his record this era. But that doesn’t make him the worst GM except that he doesn’t give us a chance to bring in a better GM which also would bring the possibility he’d hire a worse GM but at least we could continue trying.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The other thing on the team is called a staff. They are hired to help Jerry that's why he pays them.
By the way, there are no visits scheduled this week. curious

Can't imagine why. Hmm.

..........I also apolgize for being snarky azz can
No need, it was expected.
Some of us are care about not having a true GM and some don't.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Is there still a fan out there that still thinks this team has a GM?
Yup, apparently there's still a few hardcases out there. LOL

We have a family running a business and getting badly outwitted on a regular basis. Nobody is doing the work required to have an effective free agency signing period or even keeping up enough to pull off an effective trade. Complacency and lack of accountability are the hallmarks of this once proud franchise.
Accurate, very concise report. Couldn't have said it better!

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Then why don't other GMs take vacation at this time?
Just stop with these idiotic excuses you're making yourself look foolish
NFL GM is a full time job

Full time if you want to be a winner.
Part time if you're satisfied with mediocrity.
And dedication means no more excuses.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Spain use to be the most powerful country in the world at one point.

Yesterday's facts may not hold water tomorrow.

That is actually a very wise statement my friend, and I agree, things do not stay the same forever, they change.

However, in order to bring about change, typically you have to do something different, not doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Or more succulently put, one of my favorite sayings.........

Brr5YdOCQAAX7hl.jpg:large

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a huge critic of Jerry but he’s not the worst GM. His record says he’s average. We’re a model of mediocrity.

Playoff wins might be your only measurement but actually overall wins and playoff appearances would equate in and that’s where Jerry is average.

And yes as Jerry even admitted he would have fired a GM with his record this era. But that doesn’t make him the worst GM except that he doesn’t give us a chance to bring in a better GM which also would bring the possibility he’d hire a worse GM but at least we could continue trying.

I bet Jerry knows less football than any GM in the league. He's not a GM. He delegates everything but the final decisions. He couldn't name 15 players on the Eagles let alone know their contract status . My point is that is that we don't have a GM. But, for arguments sake, yes, playoff success is how that job is judged. Regular season participation ribbons mean nothing.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is actually a very wise statement my friend, and I agree, things do not stay the same forever, they change.

However, in order to bring about change, typically you have to do something different, not doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Or more succulently put, one of my favorite sayings.........

Brr5YdOCQAAX7hl.jpg:large

At this juncture let's see if they've made any progress when it comes to selecting FA's this offseason.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
At this juncture let's see if they've made any progress when it comes to selecting FA's this offseason.
True. Cheap was a given. Now pick cheap players that aren't so bad that you cut them a quarter into their first season. Talent evaluation is hard.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True. Cheap was a given. Now pick cheap players that aren't so bad that you cut them a quarter into their first season. Talent evaluation is hard.

Agreed.

Without them doing better in that department the chances of a successful season drop.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I bet Jerry knows less football than any GM in the league. He's not a GM. He delegates everything but the final decisions. He couldn't name 15 players on the Eagles let alone know their contract status . My point is that is that we don't have a GM. But, for arguments sake, yes, playoff success is how that job is judged. Regular season participation ribbons mean nothing.
I’d agree we basically only have a GM in name.

But I’d argue regular season wins and playoff appearances have some meaning. Without them you don’t have an opportunity to win a playoff game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d agree we basically only have a GM in name.

But I’d argue regular season wins and playoff appearances have some meaning. Without them you don’t have an opportunity to win a playoff game.

Jerry couldn't be a GM on any other team. He only got the gig b/c he bought it. Jerry belongs in marketing not running football operations. You can "credit" him with the paltry success this franchise has had since 1996 and call him "average", but nobody would hire Jerry to be a GM other than Jerry.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Smart move....keeps Jerry out of the press and away from doing something stupid.
But anyone who thinks that the front office shuts down because Jerry goes on vacation is just stupid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry couldn't be a GM on any other team. He only got the gig b/c he bought it. Jerry belongs in marketing not running football operations. You can "credit" him with the paltry success this franchise has had since 1996 and call him "average", but nobody would hire Jerry to be a GM other than Jerry.
Agreed. His record speaks for itself.