The Jones family is lazy

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They're playing the ultimate game of fantasy football. They'll never get fired, and the money keeps rolling in, whether they succeed or fail.

Good work if you can get it.

That’s the biggest problem.

We can suck and they will still have the most valuable sports franchise in sports.

That gives them 0 reason to do anything and they just sit on their hands and accept relevancy.

They are holding the franchise hostage at this point and take to long to make things better.

The hiring of Mike McCarthy as we were transitioning was one of the most disappointing things I’ve had as a fan. They just don’t get it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
instead of using 11 draft picks wisely and drafting players their own scouts like they watched guys they cover go 1 or 2 picks ahead of them every rd,they are now using the shameful FA policy on the draft.
How do you know that? Ohhhh, you don't? Lol....pour me another glass of whine!

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry isn't making the pick? Stephen, Will , McCarthy, and Scouts do.
Do they? Jerry said it's a community decision, including him.

Scouts don't make picks. They mostly just analyze players.

Oh, and if Jerry isn't making the pick, then why is he the GM? Major disconnect.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
instead of using 11 draft picks wisely and drafting players their own scouts like they watched guys they cover go 1 or 2 picks ahead of them every rd,they are now using the shameful FA policy on the draft.
I think they are too involved with the player personnel process. McClay, the scouts and coaches are probably a little gun shy when it comes to countering Stephen who Jerry thinks is the smartest guy in the building. The Jones Family seats 4 people at the table in the War Room. That's nuts.

Kwyn

Reaction score
What? I have no idea what to are trying to convey.

Dre11

Reaction score

Oh, and if Jerry isn't making the pick, then why is he the GM? Major disconnect.

which means he's just in the room, a part of the party. the scouts watch the players, McClay watch the players/tape.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They think being GM of an NFL team is a part time job

It sure is for Jerry. His main priorities is getting as many events as he can at his scaceship stadium. Drafting and front office moves is towards the bottom of his priorities. Screw him.

Dre11

Reaction score
Once again, then why is he the GM?

The title doesn't matter, why are you tripping over the name, you can give anyone the title, player acquisition is a collaborate effort.

td4mvp2k

Reaction score
The trade down from 10 was a fantastic move. Still got the player they wanted at 12 and picked up pick 84.
agree but could've easily went against them knowing they were targeting parsons after surtain was picked

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know what they are doing, your guess is as good as mine. They seem to be taking a multiple dissident plan of drafting approach it seems to not be centered around any solid tenet.

Nailed it. We don't have a football philosophy or identity. We therefore have no idea who fits and who does not. Thats why we are not targeting any player in particular. To the lazy jones boys, anyone and everyone fits. If this guy isn't there, we will just take that guy. There is no difference to them b/c they aren't familiar with the players.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry loves him some draft day tv coverage. Its the one day a year when he's front and center.

On a side note, it appears our Boise State scout has moved to Kentucky. :lmao:

the_h0wey

Reaction score

I'm super mad they didn't draft a hand full of players I watched 10 minutes of film on and only heard about a couple of weeks ago because someone on the radio mentioned their name. This franchise is doomed. It's time for Jerry the owner to fire Jerry the General Manager.

JMPearson

Reaction score
The draft as been good , some players will real up side that have off the field issue and then some solid players that will help,

Cox and Parson will both start at LB fro the next year

Odighizuwa is a worker and can play multiple position think a young Crawford

I trust Quinn on the Wright pick he is very good a developing CB

The DT from Kentucky and CB from SC are both big kids that are projects who might make it.

I love this draft Joseph is the key is he can start and stay out of toruble it will be a great draft if not it will be a good draft

LittleD

Reaction score
Quinn is stuck in the past like most coaches living on their history. Picking 6ft 4in CB's to run with 5ft 9in WR is a mismatch for the defense. They will run these tall corners off
the field while scoring every play. The Seattle defense was once great long, long ago. Geez, Jerry!

waving monkey

Reaction score
That’s the biggest problem.

We can suck and they will still have the most valuable sports franchise in sports.

That gives them 0 reason to do anything and they just sit on their hands and accept relevancy.

They are holding the franchise hostage at this point and take to long to make things better.

The hiring of Mike McCarthy as we were transitioning was one of the most disappointing things I’ve had as a fan. They just don’t get it.
Im listening to Norm now and he is ranting on your point.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
The Jones family is lazy? Say what you will.. But This Reaction Says It All. ------->:facepalm: