The Jones family is lazy

kskboys

Reaction score
The title doesn't matter, why are you tripping over the name, you can give anyone the title, player acquisition is a collaborate effort.
Tripping? Very weird conclusion.

Eddie

Reaction score
The Jones family Super Bowl record over the past 25 years shows how great drafters they are.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nailed it. We don't have a football philosophy or identity. We therefore have no idea who fits and who does not. Thats why we are not targeting any player in particular. To the lazy jones boys, anyone and everyone fits. If this guy isn't there, we will just take that guy. There is no difference to them b/c they aren't familiar with the players.
And that's why we concluded a long time ago that we continuously try to fit round players into square holes.

kskboys

Reaction score
its the right word,how many of these no hopers in the late RDs will even make the practice squad? it would have taken a measly 5th rd pick to move up and grab Moehrig or even Williams in the 3rd rd but they are too lazy to even be bothered.
Don't even have the football understand to know why they should.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
2009 draft all over again
You mean that:

3rd round pick Jason Williams = 12 overall pick Micha Parsons?

Parsons is the consensus best defensive player in the whole draft. That isn’t exactly Jason Williams from Western Illinois, who nobody had ever even heard of.

3rd round Robert Brewster = 2nd round Kelvin Joseph?

Joseph is maybe the most talented CB in this draft and has a good chance to be a rookie starter. Brewster was nothing close to playing in the NFL and was just a fat guy. Not even close.

Those two guys alone make the two drafts nothing alike.

Kareemovweet

Reaction score
I mean really, they didn’t say anything. It is the media that reports who goes to what pro day and how many they send. The media and fans then speculate that it translates into a lot of interest.

For instance, Pittsburgh had a few zoom meetings with Odighizuwa and sent a lot of folks to his pro day. Do they deserve to be laughed at because Dallas drafted him instead of them?

Hinestly, if you show interest in a lot of players doing your due diligence (like a team should)... then plenty of the guys your interested in are going to be drafted by other teams.

we knew they were interested in Surtain/Horn but that was mostly because every mock draft in the universe had one of them going to Dallas. The team didn’t let anything out of the bag there really.

As for Moehrig going right before the team... I don’t think they were going to take him anyway. They wanted a corner. They tried to trade to the top of the 2nd to pick Campbell CB out of Georgia but that fell through. I think they then targeted Joseph and that was their guy all along once Campbell went.

And if that is the case, then the team did a good job of keeping their interest in him undetected.

The same thing goes for Parsons. Nobody knew the team was so interested in him.

I think fans start zeroing in on players like Horn and Moehrig (because of media reports) and think that is the right pick for the team, when the team may or may not even really want those guys.

Then when they pick someone else, everybody screams that Dallas got pulled or let out too much info when they weren’t even trying to get the guy in the first place.

JMO.
Exactly! like why in the world is Denver or the Raiders going to go, ahhh wait, I think they Cowboys are going to take so and so, lets just take them so the Cowboys don't... I can see Mayyyybe someone from their division, but not someone from another conference... just do it because its the Cowboys... lol

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
3rd round was strange, everyone was over drafted and only 1 guy I feel has a legit chance to earn some playing time on the defense. Felt the 3rd round had a real chance to shine and find immediate guys to challenge for starting time. Dissapointed there. The rest of the draft I'm fine with so far.

I remember when almost all here and in the media were crying and laughing at the Fredbeard pick. And then Fredbeard showed on day one in camp why he was the right pick. How soon people forget.

Who cares if a player was over drafted? If you are picking 14 in the 2nd round and want a player expected to go in the 20s of the 2nd round, then you have to draft that player earlier than others thought he would go. Assuming a trade could be made later is playing with fire. Trades are hard to pull off and the team trading up usually pays a premium. Big deal. If the player is good, no one will care about over drafting a player.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
instead of using 11 draft picks wisely and drafting players their own scouts like they watched guys they cover go 1 or 2 picks ahead of them every rd,they are now using the shameful FA policy on the draft.
Last year was a messed up year, with covid and all the injuries. So let's see what these guys can really do before we go all in on the draft.

I bet that was their thinking.

Dre11

Reaction score
Because accountability becomes even more diluted with this collab effort. approach.."wasn't me, wasn't them, well wasn't anyone "specifically" at fault" lol

again, who cares, if its a collaborate effort, it's a collaborate failure, why do you care who fault it is. it doesn't change the outcome.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I remember when almost all here and in the media were crying and laughing at the Fredbeard pick. And then Fredbeard showed on day one in camp why he was the right pick. How soon people forget.

Who cares if a player was over drafted? If you are picking 14 in the 2nd round and want a player expected to go in the 20s of the 2nd round, then you have to draft that player earlier than others thought he would go. Assuming a trade could be made later is playing with fire. Trades are hard to pull off and the team trading up usually pays a premium. Big deal. If the player is good, no one will care about over drafting a player.

That's my optimistic hope too.