Twitter: The Josh Ball Era begins

MLB53

Reaction score
Watched tape on him, tall 6'7 and he's a waist bender, speed rushers will give him alot of problems and not physical enough

Creeper

Reaction score
I never heard that it was announced Tyron being on a 3 game IR.

Ball is so bereft and lacking of game experience, (never even played in preseason -very limited training camp) ..so i don't see how he helps us this year.
maybe it's a matter of getting him practice time during reg. season. Maybe club thinks so highly of him.

Would they dare throw him in the fire very late in games, if we somehow have big blowout wins these late few reg games ?
i still would not think so - but if the Tyron ankle spurs injury is that concerning that they'd want a spare body on hand on the depth chart.

Tyron going on IR was conjecture on my part. I was speculating why they would open a window for Ball.

Creeper

Reaction score
He was better in 2017 as a redshirt freshman at LT for Florida State than Steele was at RT in 2020 for Texas Tech.

If Josh Ball had stayed at Florida State, he likely would have been a 2nd or 1st round pick.

His body type reminds me of Joe Thomas.
- Thick lower body for a guy that is 6-7-1/2".
- Plays with good knee bend to maintain leverage.

Obviously Ball doesn't have Tyron type physical ability, but nobody else does either.

It's all about the mental side for Josh Ball.
- He's a mean SOB.
- He was ejected from the Conference USA Championship Game after his 2nd personal foul penalty.
- Unfortunately Erik Williams probably couldn't play in the Goodell era. He would be ejected from every game or suspended.

I miss Erik Williams. Nothing was better than watching Williams beat up on Reggie White.

quickccc

Reaction score
As a Texas Tech fan I saw TJ Vasher play multiple times in college, both in person and on TV. I have to say I’m very surprised he’s still with the team. I know he was injured but he was a huge long shot to begin with.

He has size, has a very large catch radius, and can make the occasional spectacular catch. He can be a nice red zone option if in single coverage. BUT….he has no speed, has a ton of drops on what would be considered easy catches, and he’s not a very good blocker. I never saw him as a serious NFL prospect. Hope I’m wrong.

and i thought they liked Iowa's Brandon Smith even more than TJ Vasher, as they supposedly gave him an bigger bonus to sign on with Cowboys as an undrafted FA rookie.

Aven8

Reaction score
The more the merrier. And Vasher is a jump ball and long bomb threat.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Since there are three games left in the regular season, could this be just a precaution/keeping options open in case of injury.

Can a player be activated later than this week and still play in the post-season?
Isn't there like a 21 day window that the team has to make a decision?

Wouldn't that take us past the end of the regular season, and they won't actually need to make that move if they don't want to?

That may be part of the thinking. There's no risk losing them or anyone else as a result of this.

I'm not sure, but it's probably not far off.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Am I missing something........not seeing anything close to starting material

Early years[edit]
Ball grew up in Fredericksburg, Virginia and played football at Stafford Senior High School. As a senior, he was a starter at left tackle, while receiving All-State and All-conference honors.

He was a four-star recruit coming out of high school and committed to Florida State University to play college football.[1]

College career[edit]
As a redshirt freshman in 2017, he was named the starter left tackle in the fifth game against Duke University. He would remain as the starter on the left side for the last 9 contests of the season. In 2018, he was expected to be the Seminole's starter at right tackle, however, on May 21, 2018, he was suspended by the school for one year, after being accused of dating violence against his former girlfriend.[2] Although he was never charged, he opted to transfer to Butler Community College, where he was named the starter at left tackle.[3]

In 2019, he chose to transfer to Marshall University, instead of returning to Florida State University. As a junior, he was a key reserve on the team's offensive line, while playing in 13 games with one start against Western Kentucky University.

As a senior in 2020, the football season was reduced to 10 games due to the COVID-19 pandemic. He started 8 games at left tackle. He was ejected from the Conference USA Championship Game against the University of Alabama at Birmingham for incurring in two personal foul penalties. He did not play in the 2020 Camellia Bowl, opting instead to start preparing for the NFL Draft.[4] He was named first-team All-Conference USA after the season.[5] He was forced to miss the 2021 Hula Bowl, after testing positive for SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic.

Professional career[edit]
Ball was selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the 4th round (138th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft. He signed his rookie contract on May 20, 2021 [6] He was placed on injured reserve on September 2, 2021 to start the season.[7]

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Josh Ball is extremely talented. If not for his off field stuff he would have been a 3rd round maybe even late second round pick.

I think people talk up JBall as away to justify drafting two scrub corners in the draft.

and ignoring our problems with the OL.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This may be Dallas just wanting to see him practice so they have a clue as to what they drafted when they go into FA & the draft.

Youth on the Oline needs to be the top priority.

difficult to find a LT in FA.

most of them are at the end of their careers.

we basically ignored the OL (most important unit) in the last draft.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I get the Josh Ball move, but why Vasher?
I believe you don't have to activate him after the 3 weeks if you don't want to. I'm guessing maybe the team thinks he can provide more on STs than Simi or perhaps the same but provide more Offense if needed. Or just that with COVID, you never know when you need guys. Lastly we may need bodies week 18 depending on how the next two weeks go.