Twitter: The Josh Ball Era begins

reddyuta

Reaction score
Also let's remember Ball was given a second round grade but fell to late in the 4th due to the off-field stuff I won't talk about. In a perfect world he's the left tackle of the future. First things first, let's see how he practices and maybe he gets activated over Ty Nsekhe as the swing tackle the last game or two.

Ty Nsekhe sucks,i hope he beats him out outright so we can cut him.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
He’s 6’7 310 pounds..

Also, my #1, 2, and 3 concern is how well can he protect the QBs blindside.

Anything to do with the run game is a bonus.

Hes a high upside 4th rounder. Whatever we get is good. I like the pick.
I agree 100%

What I meant by big was playing big; I should have just originally wrote that; Ball is not a brawler. Or at least he never has been. It’s kind of like Connor McGovern who is of similar size, sure he’s 6’5 320 whatever but he doesn’t move people like that.

I rooting for him and I’m hoping the guy can stand in for Tyron

NotForLong

Reaction score
Better talent than Steele. Steele is just too stiff to ever play the Left. He can still get better, but he is ceiling is capped at "starting caliber" RT.

Ball has the talent and traits to potentially be a LT. Whether he can play up to his talent in the NFL remains to be seen. He still has to compete with Steele. While Steele has limitions, we already how much work he is willing to put in to improve
I like both and feel the Cowboys are lucky to have both

NotForLong

Reaction score
Giving Tyron these few games off wouldn't come as a surprise to me. Bringing Ball up would give us another back up option if someone gets hurt during this stretch. The team also needs to find out if there is anything there or not.
They know they will likely have to make a move at OT this offseason. Getting to see him practice or maybe even play in a game would be very beneficial for the people who will be making that decision.

TJ Vasher, I have no idea. He obviously isn't better than any of the front 3 and is probably only equal at best, to Wilson and Turner.
Maybe they need another red zone target

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a Texas Tech fan I saw TJ Vasher play multiple times in college, both in person and on TV. I have to say I’m very surprised he’s still with the team. I know he was injured but he was a huge long shot to begin with.

He has size, has a very large catch radius, and can make the occasional spectacular catch. He can be a nice red zone option if in single coverage. BUT….he has no speed, has a ton of drops on what would be considered easy catches, and he’s not a very good blocker. I never saw him as a serious NFL prospect. Hope I’m wrong.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Josh Ball brings a lot of punch to the offensive line. He has the talent to really abuse some defensive linemen.
giphy.webp

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
We activated him so we can run a 8 OL formation
8 OL and 1 QB and 1 TE , 1 RB , bulldoze formation .

Just for fun ,come to think of it where will the 8th OL go, 5 OL and TE on the line , 2 OL behind QB ( Flanking ) and 1 more OL ? ( as a FB - lead blocker ) Will be tough to get the ball to RB ,isn’t it .

Mr_437

Reaction score
The practice theory with Ball n Vasher makes a lot of sense, so the scouts/coaches can get a better idea of what they since neither guy has played.

Ball should've added some strength over these 4-5 months working with the S&C coaches. One thing about it, if Ball can hold up decently at any level vs the pass rushers on the defense he'll be OK.

I just think they want to look at Vasher since he came in injured.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a Texas Tech fan I saw TJ Vasher play multiple times in college, both in person and on TV. I have to say I’m very surprised he’s still with the team. I know he was injured but he was a huge long shot to begin with.

He has size, has a very large catch radius, and can make the occasional spectacular catch. He can be a nice red zone option if in single coverage. BUT….he has no speed, has a ton of drops on what would be considered easy catches, and he’s not a very good blocker. I never saw him as a serious NFL prospect. Hope I’m wrong.
Yep. He'd make unbelievable catches and then drop the next two.

RS12

Reaction score
Let's see what he has got. Need to know how high a priority OT needs to be in the draft because I think its high

Cowboyz88

Reaction score

I also followed his Tech career (fellow Red Raider) and was very underwhelmed.

And he was, surprise surprise, always injured.