The Lance Era begins today

zerofill

Reaction score
Well I think Lance is a lock to start over Dak now. No doubt Super Bowl incoming!

Brooksey

Reaction score
There was a lot of positives for Lance in the game unless you're a hater

Chasing6

Reaction score
You don’t draft a QB with 3 1st round picks and then trade him 2 years later for a 4th rounder unless he’s an unmitigated disaster. Look at what SF is doing with Aiyuk; if there was any chance Lance was a franchise caliber guy, they would have never let him go for so cheap.

Any scenario other than this one was extraordinarily unlikely. Good news is re-signing him next offseason will probably be dirt cheap
Dirt cheap for the UFL.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Praising the 9ers? Bashing the Cowboys? I did neither. SF paid the appropriate price to move up to 3rd overall to take a QB, and Dallas paid their price to trade for the player after SF deemed him an error. My point was expectations that he would have been a lot better than he was today were probably a bit misguided based on what we know of him thus far. It’s not a wasted 4th, everyone should be trying to upgrade their QB room every season. ESPECIALLY not wasted if Dallas is able to re-sign him this offseason
How is it not a wasted 4th round pick?

Everyone knows Trance lacks and needs playing time. How exactly was he going to get it in Dallas?

He is a FA at the end of the season, what value did we get out of this trade? Help me understand.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Please list them.
I saw two nice runs and 25 completions to scrub Wr's, at one point 6-7 in a row. He did was he was supposed to do.
He's has a long way to go, but for the first pre-season game, it wasn't bad.

It was bad for the Rams QB with 4 INT's

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Lance plays for 8 years I have no doubt he can achieve that. The dude was playing with a horrible OL and JAG skill position players.

Are you saying that Dak doesn’t struggle with accuracy and anticipation throws? Even last year he did.
How did Cooper Rush look? Did he need any excuses?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I saw two nice runs and 25 completions to scrub Wr's, at one point 6-7 in a row. He did was he was supposed to do.
He's has a long way to go, but for the first pre-season game, it wasn't bad.

It was bad for the Rams QB with 4 INT's
But the Rams QB won the game.

Make it make sense.

Their good was bad, ours wasn't, but we lost.

jujoboys

Reaction score
It really doesn’t matter.

Dak is going money chasing regardless If Lance is great or not.
I think you are right about Dak. He wants to be a free agent next year so he can chase the money.

"If Lance were great or not" = lol. I would just settle for Lance being mediocre at this point. I found myself missing Cooper Rush yesterday after Lance took over. We should be be looking for a QB in the draft next year. Things that were alarming yesterday about Lance. His accuracy was atrocious, even on short throws. His reads were late. He took way to long to figure out where to go with the ball. He constantly settled for the short dump off passes when there were players open down field. The only positives was his ability to run and the fact that he had no turnovers.

jujoboys

Reaction score
There was a lot of positives for Lance in the game unless you're a hater
I would love for Lance to work out and have no hate towards him but other than his ability to run and he didn't turn the ball over I can't name a single positive. Of course when you aren't throwing the ball more than 5 to 10 yards down the field you aren't putting yourself in position to have turnovers. The few downfield passes he did throw were so inaccurate that neither the WRs or the defenders had a chance to catch them. Hopefully the kid can keep developing but I have serious doubts. He basically has 2 more preseason games and then he goes to the bench were he will probably end up getting 3rd team reps because Rush looked a lot better with way fewer snaps. Then next year he will be a free agent and we will most likely have a new HC that probably won't be interested in trying to develop a 25 year old QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would love for Lance to work out and have no hate towards him but other than his ability to run and he didn't turn the ball over I can't name a single positive. Of course when you aren't throwing the ball more than 5 to 10 yards down the field you aren't putting yourself in position to have turnovers. The few downfield passes he did throw were so inaccurate that neither the WRs or the defenders had a chance to catch them. Hopefully the kid can keep developing but I have serious doubts. He basically has 2 more preseason games and then he goes to the bench were he will probably end up getting 3rd team reps because Rush looked a lot better with way fewer snaps. Then next year he will be a free agent and we will most likely have a new HC that probably won't be interested in trying to develop a 25 year old QB.
Let's not kid ourselves and pretend like our HC's make any decisions. Remember how we got Trance to begin with.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Anyone now still think MM was being honest when he said Trance has mastered the play book?