The Lance Era begins today

conner01

Reaction score

The Cowboys play their first preseason game today against the Rams. Trey Lance is expected to get the majority of the QB snaps. It’ll be the first time seeing him in a game since Dallas traded a fourth-round pick for him last August.

Lance: “I’m just looking forward to playing ball again. I’m going in this game the same as I’ve gone into every game my whole entire life, college, high school, whatever. I don’t put too much extra (pressure) into it. I’m going to play. It’s not like I’m going to play any harder than I have in the past or not as hard. It’s a big game for me, big game for us. I’m excited to go out and play well.”

Mike McCarthy: “I’m real excited to go compete with him. … Just like any young quarterback, particularly if you look at his flight here, as much drop-back passing opportunities that I can give him I think will be a benefit. … He doesn’t cut any corners. He has a great work ethic. Just like anything, you want to see one of your guys go have some success, because he’s definitely put the work in.”

And ended

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You dont DRAFT a guy with 3 1st round picks unless he has something.

Yes....there are busts of course. For "us" ( I am graciously assuming you are a cowboys fan) ...a 4th round pick...wasted..... is NOT a "disaster". 3 1sts....might be.

But you go ahead and reward the 9ers for giving up 3 first rounds for for him. It's WEIRD you blast US...and praise them. But okay.
Praising the 9ers? Bashing the Cowboys? I did neither. SF paid the appropriate price to move up to 3rd overall to take a QB, and Dallas paid their price to trade for the player after SF deemed him an error. My point was expectations that he would have been a lot better than he was today were probably a bit misguided based on what we know of him thus far. It’s not a wasted 4th, everyone should be trying to upgrade their QB room every season. ESPECIALLY not wasted if Dallas is able to re-sign him this offseason

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Lance from today reminded you of our starting qb who threw for 4500 yards, 36 tds with 69.5 completion percentage last season.

Suuuuurrrreeeeeeeeee
I came back to this site just to make sure that the absurdity around Dak hasn’t changed. Zero progress unfortunately, comparing a barely third string qb with an all-pro is par for the course.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You dont DRAFT a guy with 3 1st round picks unless he has something.

Yes....there are busts of course. For "us" ( I am graciously assuming you are a cowboys fan) ...a 4th round pick...wasted..... is NOT a "disaster". 3 1sts....might be.

But you go ahead and reward the 9ers for giving up 3 first rounds for for him. It's WEIRD you blast US...and praise them. But okay.
He's a well known and long time admitted Eagles fan visiting poster.

McMicah

Reaction score
Lance from today reminded you of our starting qb who threw for 4500 yards, 36 tds with 69.5 completion percentage last season.

Suuuuurrrreeeeeeeeee
If Lance plays for 8 years I have no doubt he can achieve that. The dude was playing with a horrible OL and JAG skill position players.

Are you saying that Dak doesn’t struggle with accuracy and anticipation throws? Even last year he did.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Lance should be released today. Dak fans getting nervous....

Here is what I saw:
Pros: Pocket presence, escape, avoiding sacks, athleticism, toughness, kept eyes downfield when moving around, no turnovers

Cons: Accuracy, no anticipatory throws/late throws, stared down receivers, didn’t throw ball away when he should have

Here’s the thing…outside of accuracy, I expect all those cons from a 24 year old qb with very little NFL xp.

Here’s another another thing…his cons are Daks cons. He actually reminded me a lot of Dak today with his throw timing, accuracy, etc
People keep saying "high throws".....pretty hard to follow through when you got guys in your face all day. When given time....he was accurate....Sorry most Dak humper can't own it....but that's the story of the day.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He has physical tools, but is a long term project in my opinion. The ball is consistently out late because he lacks anticipation, etc.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Go cry to mommy.

Awww-you got triggered. So many here are wanting to desperately hang onto a 31 year old that MIGHT have three or four more solid regular seasons in him (and if the team is lucky another wildcard win). Trey is basically a 4th round crapshot. The team wastes 2nd rounders every other year and sometimes more often, and the whiners are upset because Dak’s time in the league is coming to a close soon and many fans don’t bow to his regular season accolades. It has next to nothing to do with the 4th rounder given.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Awww-you got triggered. So many here are wanting to desperately hang onto a 31 year old that MIGHT have three or four more solid regular seasons in him (and if the team is lucky another wildcard win). Trey is basically a 4th round crapshot. The team wastes 2nd rounders every other year and sometimes more often, and the whiners are upset because Dak’s time in the league is coming to a close soon and many fans don’t bow to his regular season accolades. It has next to nothing to do with the 4th rounder given.
Triggered? That's you haters. I'm only stooping down to your level since your hatred and attacks are allowed.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I only watched the first half but there was some good stuff but that overthrow in the end zone is eye opening. You miss the entire end zone on 4th down? Oof

Do they have to decide between him and cooper can they keep all 3?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lance needs more reps with the 1s.
Why when he played against the 2's and 3's?

Does he need the 1's to carry him over the 2's and 3's?

Has Dak ever played a game where the offense never scored a TD? I am curious. Never mind against scrubs.