The Lance Era begins today

Zman5

Reaction score
D Day for Dak over Dallas fans.
giphy.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
Why when he played against the 2's and 3's?

Does he need the 1's to carry him over the 2's and 3's?

Has Dak ever played a game where the offense never scored a TD? I am curious. Never mind against scrubs.
We got shut out by Tennessee. Scored a few FGs against the Patriots. Got 3 points against the Chiefs. That's just off the top of my head.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We got shut out by Tennessee. Scored a few FGs against the Patriots. Got 3 points against the Chiefs. That's just off the top of my head.
Looks like the last time was in 2018 against the Colts. We lost 23-0. This I believe year 3 for Dak.

Trance is on year 4 and can't beat rookies and FA's.

Mark

Reaction score
A pedestrian QB with a good arm and no mobility can succeed with an elite O-line (q.v. Troy Aikman), and a Pro Bowler will inevitably fail without one (q.v. Troy Aikman).

The current Dallas O-line is horrible.

Flamma

Reaction score
Looks like the last time was in 2018 against the Colts. We lost 23-0. This I believe year 3 for Dak.

Trance is on year 4 and can't beat rookies and FA's.
We got three FGs against the Patriots and Eagles in 2019. We got three FGs against the Chiefs in 2021. I thought it was 3 points.

Chasing6

Reaction score
A pedestrian QB with a good arm and no mobility can succeed with an elite O-line (q.v. Troy Aikman), and a Pro Bowler will inevitably fail without one (q.v. Troy Aikman).

The current Dallas O-line is horrible.
Just remember these comments when Dak is the QB.

By the way Trance sucks.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We got three FGs against the Patriots and Eagles in 2019. We got three FGs against the Chiefs in 2021. I thought it was 3 points.
NE bad weather game when Brady in his prime scored a total of 13 points.

Also KC game where the great Mahomes got 1 TD and won 19-9.

Great examples.

Flamma

Reaction score
NE bad weather game when Brady in his prime scored a total of 13 points.

Also KC game where the great Mahomes got 1 TD and won 19-9.

Great examples.
Bad weather? This wasn't exactly the ice bowl. And Brady was drafted in 2000 I believe. That's 20 years into his prime. When everyone said he was washed up after throwing a pick 6 in the playoffs to end his career in NE.

What does Mahomes getting 1 TD have to do with anything? You asked if Dak played any games where they didn't score a TD. There are many examples.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Bad weather? This wasn't exactly the ice bowl. And Brady was drafted in 2000 I believe. That's 20 years into his prime. When everyone said he was washed up after throwing a pick 6 in the playoffs to end his career in NE.

What does Mahomes getting 1 TD have to do with anything? You asked if Dak played any games where they didn't score a TD. There are many examples.
2 is manny. Ok. Great examples.

Flamma

Reaction score
2 is manny. Ok. Great examples.
Tennessee, Eagles, Patriots, Chiefs. That's just what I remember. Although we did score a TD in our 6-0 win over Philly back in 2017. They were playing their backups.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Dallas didn't score a TD 8 times with Dak starting. Twice in 2017. Once in 2018. Twice in 2019. Once in 2021. Twice in 2022. I didn't check the weather.
You'll get nowhere with him. He's obsessed with Dak in an unhealthy way. Best to avoid

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You mean playing with backup OL's and WR's matters?
Bro, Lance was playing against a defense full of guys that will be working at Home Depot come week 1.

Preseason is "our scrubs vs your scrubs".

Odds of winning the lotto are higher than the odds of this scrub replacing Dak.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I just have to note that Mike Shanahan worked with this guy for 2 years and said "nope".

The idea that he just needs more experience and reps just doesn't fly. This is preseason. Teams aren't running complicated schemes and he was going against 2nd and 3rd teamers. Most good QB's would slice and dice that. If he struggles against that, imagine how ugly it would be when teams actually gameplanned for him and tried to disguise coverages.