The Lance to Cropper Behind The Back Incomplete Pass

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
He should have caught it, of course the pass wasn't placed correctly. But, when the played happened I was like "damn it, use your hands"!
He tried to body catch it and we know the better WR's know how to reach and use their hands.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It applies to all quarterbacks in my opinion. However, this is not a quarterback thread--even though it is being nudged in that direction.
just remember, every post every comment ever on this forum is about the QB and specifically about Dak. we talk Aubrey, it turns into a Dak argument because he couldn't get a TD and we had to kick a field goal.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
just remember, every post every comment ever on this forum is about the QB and specifically about Dak. we talk Aubrey, it turns into a Dak argument because he couldn't get a TD and we had to kick a field goal.
The same applied to Prescott's predecessor in similar fashion as well. It should be noted that, in this instance, out of the two of us specifically, one of us is implying or expressly introducing Prescott into this non-Prescott thread. And it is not me. :)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Okay....I'm not gonna join those threads.

My comment stands...it was a decent pass with the pressure coming....and I think the wr should have caught it.

As was said earlier..it's a very dynamic activity....both parties bear responsibility in its success. I was expecting to see the ball further behind but it looks like it's on his hip.

Can't win 'em all but that's an opportunity for wr to show his prowess under duress.
he had three seconds to throw a pass 6 yards. the pressure is no different than any other QB sees in the NFL. if this is pressure and he struggles with this type of pressure, then he really is not going to like it when real bullets fly.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that Lance needs to slow his passes down a little because he is throwing hard because he can. With more practice and a little more relaxed he could put just a tad more "touch" on the throw. But all in all it's a timing issue that will work out with more experience.
with more practice? he is not a rookie. he has had 4 years to practice and he still needs time to manage velocity of his throws!!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bold> You are not the first to say the pass was lower than Cropper's shoulder. I do not see what some are seeing. I mean. I did add still photos. Three of them. :muttley:
Er....AROUND the hip? Roughly? Okay FINE....SHOULDER! :laugh:

My point was i didn;t expect it so close to his body. In catch radius for sure but It can be hard to change your momentum. Hopefully good lessen for the lad. Be ready every inside your radius.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Stop accepting Trey Lance's inferior ball placement. That was a crap throw that shouldn't be caught, no fault of the receiver. TL does not belong on this team's 53.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop accepting Trey Lance's inferior ball placement. That was a crap throw that shouldn't be caught, no fault of the receiver. TL does not belong on this team's 53.
Should not have been caught? Or could not have been caught? Is Cropper the type of receiver some fans believe can choose to catch bad but catchable passes? Or is Cropper supposedly a receiver who cannot make catches other receivers can and have caught? Finally, why does 'difficulty' always equal 'impossible' for some fans?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To late, Lance is on the 53. Burn, baby...burn.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Should not have been caught? Or could not have been caught? Is Cropper the type of receiver some fans believe can choose to catch bad but catchable passes? Or is Cropper supposedly a receiver who cannot make catches other receivers can and have caught? Finally, why does 'difficulty' always equal 'impossible' for some fans?
The degree of difficulty was high enough that the likelihood of the catch being made was not favorable. I don't blame Cropper. It was Lance's poor pass.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
To late, Lance is on the 53. Burn, baby...burn.
For how long? MM may fight for someone else to have that 53rd slot. It's his final season coaching for the Cowboys anyway. You might find out that creates a coach that fights for what he wants rather than kissing the feet of THE MAN.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I apologize. I did not say 'poor pass' in verbatim. I did begin with the thread title stating that the pass was behind the back. I consider a pass thrown behind the receiver as a poor pass. I was wrong not to spell out what I meant for everyone reading my thread.
Put yourself on probation. That kind of ambiguity can't be tolerated.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The degree of difficulty was high enough that the likelihood of the catch being made was not favorable.
In other words, it was a hard pass for Cropper to catch but not impossible. Other receivers have both dropped and caught similar passes.

I don't blame Cropper.
Understood. On the other hand, I have blamed all receivers who did not catch similar passes.

It was Lance's poor pass.
Yes it was. Thankfully, Lance did not throw it ten feet behind Cropper. That would have been an impossible throw for any receiver to catch.