The last Cowboys HC to lead us to back to back playoff seasons

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
the nfc is pretty weak right now. There's a good chance they make the playoffs.

plymkr

Reaction score
the nfc is pretty weak right now. There's a good chance they make the playoffs.
Maybe I'm having some toxic optimism here but barring catastrophic injuries I have a hard time believing we won't be in the playoffs. We can win our division. Commanders, or whatever their name is this season, and the Eagles improved but we're still more talented. Now success in the playoffs will be a different story unless our young DTs step up their game and stop the run. I don't think we have the mentality to beat the Rams, Packers or Bucs so it'll be a short stay in the playoffs. But hey anything can happen. I'm getting excited for the season because I'm wanting to see football again and this offseason has been the worst.

Go Cowboys!!! Let's surprise some people and please surprise me in the playoffs

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Q: So who was the last Cowboys HC to engineer back to back playoff seasons?
A: Chan Gailey. 1998-1999.

I would have never guessed it was Chan Gailey, the only Cowboys HC who made the playoffs every single year he was HC…oops…only here two years. And he was fired after those two years.

Fired Gailey to promote Dave Campo, the only head coach job Campo held in 40+ seasons of coaching. Shocking that it didn't go well. :rolleyes:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fired Gailey to promote Dave Campo, the only head coach job Campo held in 40+ seasons of coaching. Shocking that it didn't go well. :rolleyes:
He admitted he pulled the trigger on Gailey too soon so he overcompensated by giving Garrett 10 years.

But that ain't nuthin' like givin' the GM 33 years. Think about that, the old coot has been GM longer than Landry was the HC.

terra

Reaction score
despite some Jerry apologists in this thread (Jazz) who might be paid, EVERYONE admits that the real reason the Boys are not consistently in the playoffs is because we have a mediocre GM.