The leaves have fallen, time to sign Prescott

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem here is...

Regular season doesnt matter anymore. Its about the playoffs.

And only one player is responsible for playoff success around here. Coaching, defense, special teams...none of it matters.

Its one players job to make miracles because of his cap hit. One guy...has to do everything...in all facets of the game.
Where do you get such nonsense from?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven’t had real hope in almost 30 years. My hope unfortunately has been reduced to at least 17 meaningful games .

I’m shocked Jethro &Son have been able to put together a fairly consistent playoff team.

Perhaps we need to redefine hope this era for Cowboys fans ?
Wake up man you're in the NFC Least for the last 8 seasons and did you notice how weak the NFC in general was last season?
So when you have run out of Dak excuses go back and blame Jerry and Son.
Now you tell us you're a regular season man well bud it ain't Jerry throwing those interceptions galore or choking in the playoffs is it now??????????????????????????
Sell crazy elsewhere.....................

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wake up man you're in the NFC Least for the last 8 seasons and did you notice how weak the NFC in general was last season?
So when you have run out of Dak excuses go back and blame Jerry and Son.
Now you tell us you're a regular season man well bud it ain't Jerry throwing those interceptions galore or choking in the playoffs is it now??????????????????????????
Sell crazy elsewhere.....................
No, I’m saying our expectations have been lowered under Jethro this era. Prescott is just a product of the dysfunctional organization we are now.

We have been in the funk or have had less hope regardless who our QB has been this era.

That’s not making excuses for Prescott anymore than Romo or others. It is what is and we are what we have become.

Chasing6

Reaction score
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
GM Jethro will wait for Tua, Love and maybe even Allen redoing his contract.

You have to remember, Jerry is the smartest guy in the room, he knows what he is doing.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No, I’m saying our expectations have been lowered under Jethro this era. Prescott is just a product of the dysfunctional organization we are now.

We have been in the funk or have had less hope regardless who our QB has been this era.

That’s not making excuses for Prescott anymore than Romo or others. It is what is and we are what we have become.
People can certainty opine as they like, but it’s a tall order for any QB or HC to overcome what needs to be overcome in order to win in Dallas.

That goes no further than Jerry and the role he wishes to play. The entire staff is clipped and undermined, mediocre play is rewarded, Super Bowl talk before the playoffs begin, fans and Netflix at practices, etc, etc, etc….

It’s so difficult to win in this league that you need virtually everything to go your way….and Dallas shoots itself in the foot at the start line every season.

Chasing6

Reaction score
People can certainty opine as they like, but it’s a tall order for any QB or HC to overcome what needs to be overcome in order to win in Dallas.

That goes no further than Jerry and the role he wishes to play. The entire staff is clipped and undermined, mediocre play is rewarded, Super Bowl talk before the playoffs begin, fans and Netflix at practices, etc, etc, etc….

It’s so difficult to win in this league that you need virtually everything to go your way….and Dallas shoots itself in the foot at the start line every season.
If Jerry wants the circus to come to an end then he should sign Belichick.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Option C......Start being a Cowboy fan and not a Dak doll.
There are two options being discussed in this thread, not three.

Please try to keep up, you are wasting everybody time in class today having to go over the rules specifically for you yet again.:angry:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are two options being discussed in this thread, not three.

Please try to keep up, you are wasting everybody time in class today having to go over the rules specifically for you yet again.:angry:
Are you going to follow Prestrash to his new team bud?
Oh YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA if he finds one that is after this coming season.
Lesson # 1..........Support the TEAM and NOT 1 single love named Prestrash!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lesson #2...........I see you fell asleep during English grammar class yet again.

Even the AI spell check is laughing at you:laugh:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

At which point is your 'expectation' 'lowered', havent we just gone 12 winning years for the first time since winning our last SB?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Regardless of what one things about Dak Prescott and/or his future beyond 2024 it's stone cold lead pipe cinch he WILL be the QB of my favorite team in 2024. So I am going to root like hell for him to ball outta control until the day he is no longer the QB of my favorite team and not waste time with people wanting the trash the QB of my favorite team. On a site that is dedicated to wasting time, that is the biggest waste of time I could imagine.

khiladi

Reaction score
I know the narrative, but Dak actually played extremely well last season.

36 Tds, 9 Ints, 70% completion rate, 114 QBR.

You can call it stat padding all you want, but for a QB to post numbers like these over an entire 17 game season is very impressive, that is why he was the runner up to league MVP by the Associated Press.

4-1 TD to INT ratio with a 70% completion rate over 17 games is really unheard of, nobody with a straight face can call those numbers "scrubbing out".
1. I was speaking about last contract.

2. Who cares? He threw 8 of those TDs against the Commanders, after they traded both their best players.

3. The offense was also dumbed down so he would take risks and he was told to bail early. He couldn’t find the red-zone until he got smashed by the 49ers AND THEY CHANGED THE OFFENSE MID-SEASON to force-feed Lamb, meaning simplify the reads for Dak even more. And they played the same defense that the Bills, Cardinals, Packers, Dolphins played amd Dak sucked against all of them. He also only put up 20 against Staley’s horrible cover-2 defense, one of his TDs in a busted run defense on a wide open hole.

4. He threw FIVE of 9 of those picks in the last 5 games. He threw 2 of them in the playoffs against the Packers, and had one dropped in the end zone right before the half.

Last edited:

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Who here goes to training camp?

Does the Cowboys offense work on very vanilla defenses being shown in Training Camp...or do they show recent trend defenses and the Offense works against those shows?

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that the Cowboys and Dak wouldnt work the offense against the defense showing current defensive trends in the NFL.

Can any confirm or deny?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
Standard negotiating tactic is to as for more than you think you're worth, or more than what you will accept.

If I'm Dak I'm asking for $60 million, no question....

Chasing6

Reaction score
Steelers are going to really good next year.