The leaves have fallen, time to sign Prescott

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I know the narrative, but Dak actually played extremely well last season.

36 Tds, 9 Ints, 70% completion rate, 114 QBR.

You can call it stat padding all you want, but for a QB to post numbers like these over an entire 17 game season is very impressive, that is why he was the runner up to league MVP by the Associated Press.

4-1 TD to INT ratio with a 70% completion rate over 17 games is really unheard of, nobody with a straight face can call those numbers "scrubbing out".
The problem here is...

Regular season doesnt matter anymore. Its about the playoffs.

And only one player is responsible for playoff success around here. Coaching, defense, special teams...none of it matters.

Its one players job to make miracles because of his cap hit. One guy...has to do everything...in all facets of the game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Wrong.. they did not retain him because he would not take the bottom of the barrel offer they made. No on in the organization every thought Zeke stopped being a good football player. They simply stopped believing he was a 16 million dollar a year player. And they're not wrong. But it was never about "he couldn't help the team."
If a RB on his rookie deal out plays his contract be greatful and trade him. Don't over pay him on a new contract for what he did accomplished in the past.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The problem here is...

Regular season doesnt matter anymore. Its about the playoffs.

And only one player is responsible for playoff success around here. Coaching, defense, special teams...none of it matters.

Its one players job to make miracles because of his cap hit. One guy...has to do everything...in all facets of the game.
Exactly..................the problem I have with the "regular season does not count, only playoffs" crowd is the fact in order to get to the playoffs you have to have a really good regular season.

If you suck in the regular season, you are not even in the playoffs....................so how exactly does regular season performance not matter then???

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly..................the problem I have with the "regular season does not count, only playoffs" crowd is the fact in order to get to the playoffs you have to have a really good regular season.

If you suck in the regular season, you are not even in the playoffs....................so how exactly does regular season performance not matter then???
You can’t reason with that post you replied to. “It’s one player’s responsibility to make miracles “ is most ridiculous thought I’ve seen.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
You can’t reason with that post you replied to. “It’s one player’s responsibility to make miracles “ is most ridiculous thought I’ve seen.
At least Im not saying Dak is trash and we should turn the page and use FRP's for a QB. There have been quite a few QB misses in the First Round the past 9 years. Seems like most of the QBs not taken as first QB off the board have had better success too.

So...NFL scouting isnt good on QBs. Or...NFL coaching staffs ruin players by over coaching. Or...the NFL is just s totally different game.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
If a RB on his rookie deal out plays his contract be greatful and trade him. Don't over pay him on a new contract for what he did accomplished in the past.
When do you pay a player then if you arent basing it off past production? You dont get drafted to sign a contract in the NFL with no past on the field.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
Eww. Gross.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
How? Even if they had the stomach for it, our salary cap is jacked.

Plus $40 million dead cap hit in 2025

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is really the question at hand.

What fans want to happen is irrelevant, its really up to Jerry ultimately to resign Dak or let him walk.

Option A...........let Dak walk and start Lance or a rookie at QB in 2025.
Pro.........Cowboys save a ton of money and salary cap space.
Con........What if Lance or the rookie suck? Jerry and the Cowboys will be a national laughing stock by the media for letting Dak walk if the replacement sucks.

Option B.........pay Dak a market contract at $55-$60 a year.
Pro.........Dak stays the face of the franchise and we probably win enough games to make the playoffs regularly.
Con........Dak probably is not going to get any better than what he is now, so in all liklihood that means no SB win.

Which option is Jerry more likely to think is best, option A or option B???

I don’t think people understand.

Mediocrity is worse than sucking.

Being terrible in the NFL provides hope.

Being stuck in the middle is the absolute worst place to be in sports.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:muttley: Dream on old warrior dream on..................

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is really the question at hand.

What fans want to happen is irrelevant, its really up to Jerry ultimately to resign Dak or let him walk.

Option A...........let Dak walk and start Lance or a rookie at QB in 2025.
Pro.........Cowboys save a ton of money and salary cap space.
Con........What if Lance or the rookie suck? Jerry and the Cowboys will be a national laughing stock by the media for letting Dak walk if the replacement sucks.

Option B.........pay Dak a market contract at $55-$60 a year.
Pro.........Dak stays the face of the franchise and we probably win enough games to make the playoffs regularly.
Con........Dak probably is not going to get any better than what he is now, so in all liklihood that means no SB win.

Which option is Jerry more likely to think is best, option A or option B???
Option C......Start being a Cowboy fan and not a Dak doll.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Maybe for most franchises but not so sure with our dysfunctional ownership.

Honestly I’m surprised our idiots have put together a consistent playoff team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How? Even if they had the stomach for it, our salary cap is jacked.

Plus $40 million dead cap hit in 2025
It’s very possible they will let him walk. I’m ok with that. I’m get it. It just doesn’t provide me anymore hope with our ownership.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At least Im not saying Dak is trash and we should turn the page and use FRP's for a QB. There have been quite a few QB misses in the First Round the past 9 years. Seems like most of the QBs not taken as first QB off the board have had better success too.

So...NFL scouting isnt good on QBs. Or...NFL coaching staffs ruin players by over coaching. Or...the NFL is just s totally different game.
It’s difficult for me to have much faith in our dysfunctional ownership doing much better.

Especially considering the recent 1st rounders we were looking at with Lynch and Manziel. But the 1st round is the place to start .

And I’d recommend drafting one more often than not. Even when you have one . We should have already drafted one to be grooming so he’s ready making letting Prescott go an easier decision.

FanofJerry

Reaction score

We've already discussed this. Was it this thread or another.

There is a reason why the past few years you are seeing the phrase "Its an entertainment business" so frequently on sports forums. NFL and NBA message boards I am seeing it all over the place these days.

Its a business first, sport second. Once you realize that the majority of these owners are in it for money first and winning second...its all easier to swallow.

It sucks for players and fans.

Mediocrity is not worse than sucking money wise. Sucking means you have a terrible QB...and casual fans turn the channel quick when a teams offense is trash. NFL Owners that care about money know this. People calling Dak trash, dont know trash. Babe Laughenburg was trash and would make you turn the channel or even be done watching the Cowboys for the year.

No need to wear me out with "thats BS, look at Golden State Warriors being 200M over in tax each year the past 5 years trying to win" stuff. I already said MOST owners care about money first. Can you read?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

There is a reason why the past few years you are seeing the phrase "Its an entertainment business" so frequently on sports forums. NFL and NBA message boards I am seeing it all over the place these days.

Its a business first, sport second. Once you realize that the majority of these owners are in it for money first and winning second...its all easier to swallow.

Mediocrity is not worse than sucking money wise. Sucking means you have a terrible QB...and casual fans turn the channel quick when a teams offense is trash. NFL Owners that care about money know this. People calling Dak trash, dont know trash. Babe Laughenburg was trash and would make you turn the channel or even be done watching the Cowboys for the year.

No need to wear me out with "thats BS, look at Golden State Warriors being 200M over in tax each year the past 5 years trying to win" stuff. I already said MOST owners care about money first. Can you read?
The owners have even said the NFL is “ an entertainment business”.

Our own owner has said the first priority is “ remaining interesting and relevant”. And “ hanging around the rim”.

That said they’d love to win it’s just not necessary to win championships to generate top revenue like it used to be. Cowboys are a great example .

But NFL teams is only league in professional sports where all teams are profitable . Players would love to win too but again it’s not top priority . Again winning used to drive salaries for players too. Not anymore.

Fans must come to accept the enormous revenue streams they’ve contributed to which the NFL has created and is the benchmark for the abrupt trends in priority to win in the NFL.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s very possible they will let him walk. I’m ok with that. I’m get it. It just doesn’t provide me anymore hope with our ownership.
Do you have HOPE with Dak and at 55 million as per your words?
Amazing simply amazing............. :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

The owners have even said the NFL is “ an entertainment business”.

Our own owner has said the first priority is “ remaining interesting and relevant”. And “ hanging around the rim”.

That said they’d love to win it’s just not necessary to win championships to generate too revenue like it used to be. Cowboys are a great example .

But NFL teams is only league in professional sports where all teams are profitable . Players would love to win too but again it’s not top priority . Again winning used to drive salaries for players too. Not anymore.

Fans must come to accept the enormous revenue streams they’ve contributed to which the NFL has created and is the benchmark for the abrupt trends in priority win in the NFL.

Kt5ZIcL.jpeg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do you have HOPE with Dak and at 55 million as per your words?
Amazing simply amazing............. :muttley:
I haven’t had real hope in almost 30 years. My hope unfortunately has been reduced to at least 17 meaningful games .

I’m shocked Jethro &Son have been able to put together a fairly consistent playoff team.

Perhaps we need to redefine hope this era for Cowboys fans ?