The leaves have fallen, time to sign Prescott

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Nope, not my excuse. The Defense has folded many times but what did Dak do to even show he was trying in that game? Throws a pick 6 on a damn WR screen...rookie play. You never answered my question, what about against the 49ers in the 2022 Divisional? They held San Fran to 19 pts.. Dak was putrid in that game too. Is he not without any blame in some of these playoff games or are you just gonna lick his boots until he's gone?
Please stop with this. On the Cowboys first drive Dak ran out of a sack and turned it into an 18 yard gain to midfield. That play was 2/3 of the yards gained on the drive. Who else did you see "trying" on that drive? Of course Dak is not without blame.. but I don't seem to be able to get you to talk about any of the other people who failed to show up for these losses. The 2022 game? Hell the 49ers were the best defense in the league that year weren't they? It was GOING to be a low scoring game.. The receivers having 4 drops did not help matters. Neither did the 7 penalties. There was no margin for error for the offense in that game especially after Pollard went down. But our guys committed errors anyway. Dak was not perfect of course.. but he was also not alone in that regard.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Even if Lance was the real deal, he's going to want to get paid too. What most likely would happen is we'll be picking in the top 10, maybe top 5. That pick can't be a bust. Jerry would have to pass it off as semi rebuild. But he has no interest in doing that.
Great point, Lance is in the last year of his deal as well and if he is the starter, why would he not want $55 also?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
True.

The changing of the coaches screams Jerry is trying to win too, though.

Why have all these lame ducks when your current head coach has gone 12-5 for 3 years running and made playoffs?

At this stage...I would assume Jerry and Co. have factored in everything Will McClay and his staff have informed Jerry about Dak's flaws and weighed that against the current QB market.

I only mentioned that because there is just such a cult of people that claim Dak has major issues with processing or beating a certain zone. If that was the case...I think Will McClay would know about it and know if it was worth paying the man and eating up most of the cap to build a team. My opinion is...every QB has issues processing except a couple(Rogers, Mahomes type players).

Jerry wants to win and make money.
Good points, especially about Jerry wanting to make money.

Regardless of what people think of Dak, his jersey sells and he fills the seats in the stadium.

How much weight will that carry with Jerry when deciding to resign Dak or not?

I personally think it will carry a lot of weight, because Jerry has to be able to sell hope and that is what Dak can do. He can win just enough games for the Cowboys to be a playoff team and be relevant, winning 5 or 6 games with some rookie at QB isnt going to allow Jerry to sell hope.

Chasing6

Reaction score
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
I think GM Jethro is waiting for the Tree to fall.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good points, especially about Jerry wanting to make money.

Regardless of what people think of Dak, his jersey sells and he fills the seats in the stadium.

How much weight will that carry with Jerry when deciding to resign Dak or not?

I personally think it will carry a lot of weight, because Jerry has to be able to sell hope and that is what Dak can do. He can win just enough games for the Cowboys to be a playoff team and be relevant, winning 5 or 6 games with some rookie at QB isnt going to allow Jerry to sell hope.
Of course it carry’s weight. Jethro’s has already stated “ remaining interesting and relevant “ is initial priority .

And Dak provides Cowboys to “ hang around the rim”.

But yet we still have some fans who dismiss or discount the words from our Kimosaba.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Could be . Looks like the tree could be Love who likely will surpass Trevor’s deal pushing closer to 60 which could pave the way for Dak busting the bubble .
I believe Dak, not his agent, has a number in mind and it has not changed at all. His agent obviously will see it completely different.

Dak has made it clear, it is not just about money. However he wants to be paid fairly, and wants to be able to help build a team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please stop with this. On the Cowboys first drive Dak ran out of a sack and turned it into an 18 yard gain to midfield. That play was 2/3 of the yards gained on the drive. Who else did you see "trying" on that drive? Of course Dak is not without blame.. but I don't seem to be able to get you to talk about any of the other people who failed to show up for these losses. The 2022 game? Hell the 49ers were the best defense in the league that year weren't they? It was GOING to be a low scoring game.. The receivers having 4 drops did not help matters. Neither did the 7 penalties. There was no margin for error for the offense in that game especially after Pollard went down. But our guys committed errors anyway. Dak was not perfect of course.. but he was also not alone in that regard.
We need a new rule here. You need to find fault with every other roster spot, coaches, execs....FIRST....before getting to dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I believe Dak, not his agent, has a number in mind and it has not changed at all. His agent obviously will see it completely different.

Dak has made it clear, it is not just about money. However he wants to be paid fairly, and wants to be able to help build a team.
Sometimes you can’t have it both ways regardless if the intentions are good.

What’s the old saying about having your cake and eating it. I don’t blame these players for holding out for top contracts but they shouldn’t claim it’s not more about them than the team.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sometimes you can’t have it both ways regardless if the intentions are good.

What’s the old saying about having your cake and eating it. I don’t blame these players for holding out for top contracts but they shouldn’t claim it’s not more about them than the team.
I don't think a fair contract is having it both ways. Wanting to be the highest paid is a different story.

nobody

Reaction score

With his words, he's said it's not about the money. His actions on the other hand? The dude has generational money already, endorsements and is set for life and might hold out for 60? That's not about being paid fairly. That's about being all about the money. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Chasing6

Reaction score
With his words, he's said it's not about the money. His actions on the other hand? The dude has generational money already, endorsements and is set for life and might hold out for 60? That's not about being paid fairly. That's about being all about the money. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Might hold out is all about the money. How does that bust anything? That is you speculating.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Perhaps we need to better define what is fair?

If some of these other Franchise QB’s with no more success are receiving 55 mil per this off season and possibly more are his demands really not fair. That’s arguable .

khiladi

Reaction score
He “bet on himself” last contract, but that bet was predicated on the stupidity of the owner. He has a broken leg and played awful and didn’t prove anything in reality other than he’s a stat-padder when playing from behind, just like against the Packers and their second-string defense when down by close to 35. Anybody looking at that contract on hind-sight knows that contract with a no-trade clause was absolutely idiotic on Jerry’s part.

Dak’s first public interview this off-season showed the typical deer in the headlights look as he knows Jerry isn’t paying him to scrub anymore.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He “bet on himself” last contract, but that bet was predicated on the stupidity of the owner. He has a broken leg and played awful and didn’t prove anything in reality other than he’s a stat-padder when playing from behind, just like against the Packers and their second-string defense when down by close to 35. Anybody looking at that contract on hind-sight knows that contract with a no-trade clause was absolutely idiotic on Jerry’s part.

Dak’s first public interview this off-season showed the typical deer in the headlights look as he knows Jerry isn’t paying him to scrub anymore.
I know the narrative, but Dak actually played extremely well last season.

36 Tds, 9 Ints, 70% completion rate, 114 QBR.

You can call it stat padding all you want, but for a QB to post numbers like these over an entire 17 game season is very impressive, that is why he was the runner up to league MVP by the Associated Press.

4-1 TD to INT ratio with a 70% completion rate over 17 games is really unheard of, nobody with a straight face can call those numbers "scrubbing out".