The leaves have fallen, time to sign Prescott

GMO415

Reaction score
Goff is a winner with not 1, but 2 teams. Trevor is young with potential, this had to happen. Dak is a regular season winner who is 31, he does not belong in the conversation with either of those 2 qb's
200w.gif

Redline360

Reaction score
The gap between Dak and Goff is greater than the gap between Mahomes and Derek Carr, statistically speaking. Just for some perspective to highlight how insane this post is.
Outside the 17 & 18 season with the rams , Dak has played with much better talent and supporting cast. Goff was pretty much going to written off as just another average QB until rewriting his career.

Outside of fantasy football stats(Dak is my fantasy QB for a reason) Goffs post season playoff teams have been more successful.

Hundreds of things go into stats every particular year that determine the outcome. Talking stats at face value is dumb.

Dak has much greater regular season success. Goff has better post season success

If you want to talk stastics. Cousins is damn near identical to Dak statistically and no one thinks hes better the Dak.

Don't think either QB has what it takes to win a superbowl but "statically" speaking Goff posts better post season success.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Your hope won’t get Dak signed.

He’s gone. Accept it.
I am good either way, but I am just curious how you know for a fact that Dak is actually gone?

If that is your opinion, cool, but you are not posting this as your opinion. You are posting this as a declarative fact.

If you have a crystal ball that can predict the future, can you let me know who is going to win the SB next year so I can make some good money with the bookies before my new daughter is born next year.:thumbup:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
55 has to be the base line now. If Dak isn’t willing to accept then he could be moving on.
55 is the baseline as of today................if the Cowboys wait a couple of weeks, a couple of months, or even till next year............the baseline is 60+

This is why the Cowboys need to sign Dak right now if that is their plan, this stupid waiting game is just going to keep driving the price up higher and higher. This is especially true if Tua signs for more than Lawrence got. Despite denials that it exists from multiple posters, "next man up" clearly exist for the QB market.

Man, if I was Dak and I really didnt care that much if I played in Dallas or not, I would be very tempted to hit unrestricted free agency next year. He will be the highest rated QB in his prime to hit UFA in like forever, he could land the richest contract in NFL history if 5-6 teams get in a bidding war for him on the open market.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Outside the 17 & 18 season with the rams , Dak has played with much better talent and supporting cast. Goff was pretty much going to written off as just another average QB until rewriting his career.

Outside of fantasy football stats(Dak is my fantasy QB for a reason) Goffs post season playoff teams have been more successful.

Hundreds of things go into stats every particular year that determine the outcome. Talking stats at face value is dumb.

Dak has much greater regular season success. Goff has better post season success

If you want to talk stastics. Cousins is damn near identical to Dak statistically and no one thinks hes better the Dak.

Don't think either QB has what it takes to win a superbowl but "statically" speaking Goff posts better post season success.
My mistake if it wasn’t clear, my post was meant for everyone else. You are already a lost cause.

Sorry for the confusion

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It’s shocking to me how many sports fans don’t understand the concept of “worth”. So much so that they often don’t even use the word correctly in context.

It makes all these discussions largely pointless, because there is a fundamental disconnect in definitions. Add in the fact that the average sports fan has a below average IQ (they’ve actually studied this believe it or not) and you end up with people who say incomprehensible things like “X quarterback isn’t worth Y amount because he doesn’t have Z accomplishment”.
People get confused between team accomplishments and individual accomplishments and incorrectly correlate one with the other.

In layman's terms, the fact that the Cowboys have not won a lot of playoff games does not, in and of itself, have any bearing on Dak's contract.

Dak's contract will be determined soley by market forces, just like all commodity assets are.

Considering Dak is in his prime, has only suffered one major injury during his career, has been to multiple probowls, was MVP runner up, and statistically is one of the best QBs in the NFL, it is only logical to assume his value will be similar to what the current market rate is ($52-$55 million as of today).

Spottract has Dak's current market value as $50,877,850........................fairly close to the 52-55 range I listed above.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry & Son dance to the beat of their own drum. That's what they've proven throughout their years of their reign as the Cowboys FO management.
Whether they decide to re-sign Dak for whatever they deem they must do, remains to be seen in the weeks and months ahead. Just be patient and prepare to adjust accordingly. Training camp and the upcoming preseason games figure to be intriguing for all to see. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
Sure Diehardblues Sure we can accommodate your wishes...............................
In Fantasy Land cause these Jones boys are DONE with DAK!
Patience and so happy you're finally coming out of the closet with your Dak love for all to cherish and admire!!!!:bow:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
Even if the team had the cap, they wouldn’t do it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Are we talking about the same guy ?
Did you follow him the last few years ?

Anyways..

Dak is done here. This is his farewell season.
Yup.

And he’s earned it.

That playoff loss was brutal.

Empty stadium.

Jerry Man-crying.

Busted team cap.

Lance.

If anything, Jerry holds a grudge.

Jerry won’t forgive Dak. Not for a few decades anyway. Ask Jimmy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Are we talking about the same guy ?
Did you follow him the last few years ?

Anyways..

Dak is done here. This is his farewell season.
I’m not promoting him staying here. And it hasnt been determined if he’s staying or not .

All I can do is follow what our owners have maintained not fans wishes.

But I’d suspect if he isn’t signed by beginning of season he probably is done here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sure Diehardblues Sure we can accommodate your wishes...............................
In Fantasy Land cause these Jones boys are DONE with DAK!
Patience and so happy you're finally coming out of the closet with your Dak love for all to cherish and admire!!!!:bow:
Do you have a link supporting that Jethro & Son are done . Or just speculating cause haven’t signed him yet.

It’s funny on another thread I’m bashed by leading Homers for hating Dak. The leading trolls here want to claim I’m a lover.

The truth is I basically have provided my take on what our dysfunctional ownership will do. And so far they have maintained they have intentions to get a deal done .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak cannot demand anymore?
Never say can't. LOL
Obviously he can. 55 is the baseline . But it will be difficult to move the needle much.

And if our owners are indeed still interested time is of the essence . Enough leaves have fallen.

Maybe Jethro & Son have drawn their line in the sand . They certainly haven’t commented since the “ waiting on leaves to fall”. We shall see. But it’s not over until it’s over despite the sentiments from many fans .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am good either way, but I am just curious how you know for a fact that Dak is actually gone?

If that is your opinion, cool, but you are not posting this as your opinion. You are posting this as a declarative fact.

If you have a crystal ball that can predict the future, can you let me know who is going to win the SB next year so I can make some good money with the bookies before my new daughter is born next year.:thumbup:
They don’t know. It’s just a narrative supported by not resigning him yet.

Im more apt to follow what our owners have said which is their intention to get a deal done. Following what some frustrated fans think is useless.

Jethro stated why they have been waiting. I’m suggesting that time has begun to past. It’s time to act soon or by the time the season has begun may be too late if thats their intention.

I’m not promoting they should or should not resign him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
55 is the baseline as of today................if the Cowboys wait a couple of weeks, a couple of months, or even till next year............the baseline is 60+

This is why the Cowboys need to sign Dak right now if that is their plan, this stupid waiting game is just going to keep driving the price up higher and higher. This is especially true if Tua signs for more than Lawrence got. Despite denials that it exists from multiple posters, "next man up" clearly exist for the QB market.

Man, if I was Dak and I really didnt care that much if I played in Dallas or not, I would be very tempted to hit unrestricted free agency next year. He will be the highest rated QB in his prime to hit UFA in like forever, he could land the richest contract in NFL history if 5-6 teams get in a bidding war for him on the open market.
Yep, but all indications from him are he would prefer to stay here. Much like our owners have maintained their intentions .

We shall see. The local vibe from beat writers is really if a deal isn’t done by the start of season it’s likely he’s on his wait out because a deal couldn’t get done , not because they didn’t want it.

And I’ve maintained I’m not promoting either just providing my take on what they have said .

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Signing Dak to.a bloated contract is a waste of both time and money. Have him play out his current contract and move on. At 30 he isn't going to get any better, beating up the lower tier teams is what he is going to give you.