FEATURED The life of online Cowboys fans

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know there is a lot of negativity on the site, but that is to be expected when you think about how long it has been since the Cowboys had any real post-season success.

Every so often Cowboys fans think, "This is our year!" only to have injuries, disappointing player performances, bad coaching decisions or bad referee calls erode and deflate enthusiasm until online articles and discussions shift right back to "what went wrong" topics.

Cowboys fans hear enough insults and negative comments from fans of other teams that it can be hard at times to endure it among Cowboys fans as well.

Everyone has to realize though that fans are always going to complain no matter the situation with the only difference being that some complain more often or more loudly than others.

That does not make people bad fans though.

Can it be annoying at times when the level of frustration in some fans severely exceeds your own? Of course, but I would rather be surrounded by fans who care enough to be frustrated than bandwagon fans who simply disappear when things go bad.

You can say a lot of things about Cowboys fans, and fans of other teams regularly do, but 25+ years of no Super Bowl appearances, much less wins, and yet we are all still here caring enough to voice our opinions on how to fix the endless loop of Cowboys season failures.

Hopefully this is the Cowboys year, but if it is not, I am sure a lot of Cowboys fans will know how to fix it, and will be glad to share their solutions with other Cowboys fans.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I was hoping you would discourage it and not encourage it.
In all seriousness, Rocky. You encourage it on a daily basis, whether you realize it or not.

If you just let that wasp buzz around your face for a few seconds, it will just buzz off 99% of the time. If you start slapping at it and having a fit, your chance of getting stung just went up significantly.

Breath and relax.......

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
37d1548639e20eb472850a1993ee1cf9.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In all seriousness, Rocky. You encourage it on a daily basis, whether you realize it or not.

If you just let that wasp buzz around your face for a few seconds, it will just buzz off 99% of the time. If you start slapping at it and having a fit, your chance of getting stung just went up significantly.

Breath and relax.......
You’re one of the negative ones.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
All truth.

I get frustrated with some fans on this board but it’s honestly out of compassion.

I’ve been the guy who lets the lows hit him harder than they should, and when I see that same thing in others here, I see a younger me.

I don’t wish that stress upon anyone; especially when we’re talking about a game that has no real bearing on our livelihoods. Unless your Jerry.

If you are Jerry, then hi and lol *** are you doing reading this?

JayFord

Reaction score
its the moving goalpost that gets me

Dak cant do this....
Dak proceeds fo do it

oh he did it against inferior comp

Dallas wont make the playoffs
Dallas makes the playoffs

oh well they havent played any real teams

Dallas cant score against top defenses
Dallas proceeds to score 30

Oh but they didnt hit any Doubles it was all small ball and no home runs

If Dallas wins the superbowl they'll complain it was only bu 4 points they shouldnt have won

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The site would improve by a factor of 10 if people would stick to talking football instead of arguing about whether someone’s post is negative or positive. If someone thinks Dak sucks, explain why you think differently instead of saying the poster sucks because he thinks Dak sucks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's funny is that some fans/posters think this is new, I can assure you it is not.

The only fans that hate on Cowboys fans more than fans of other teams, mainly the East, are other Cowboys fans. Before the internet was even a gleam in someone's eye, this was going on.

Blaming everything on the Cowboys not being good, including the refs' bias and the NFL, in general, is nothing new. Accepting that another team is just better has been a struggle for a lot of Cowboys fans I have known. They have to have an excuse for not being as good.

This ongoing "26 years of hell and misery" is the funniest part of all of this. What other fandom had 20 winning seasons in a row and 8 trips in their first 35 years?

The best way to not get frustrated is to accept the fact that you are deserving of nothing in return for your fan loyalty. We choose to be Cowboys fans and that "26 years", had that all been bad? Is it really all 26 years because you didn't get a trip to the Big Dance?

The funniest part of all of this is the frustration when we all know who owns and operates the team. Some fans' frustrations are the direct results of expectations that deny the existence of the owner and his family. Hell, maybe some should be ecstatic with even the good years sprinkled in those 26?

coult44

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of negativity on the site, but that is to be expected when you think about how long it has been since the Cowboys had any real post-season success.

Every so often Cowboys fans think, "This is our year!" only to have injuries, disappointing player performances, bad coaching decisions or bad referee calls erode and deflate enthusiasm until online articles and discussions shift right back to "what went wrong" topics.

Cowboys fans hear enough insults and negative comments from fans of other teams that it can be hard at times to endure it among Cowboys fans as well.

Everyone has to realize though that fans are always going to complain no matter the situation with the only difference being that some complain more often or more loudly than others.

That does not make people bad fans though.

Can it be annoying at times when the level of frustration in some fans severely exceeds your own? Of course, but I would rather be surrounded by fans who care enough to be frustrated than bandwagon fans who simply disappear when things go bad.

You can say a lot of things about Cowboys fans, and fans of other teams regularly do, but 25+ years of no Super Bowl appearances, much less wins, and yet we are all still here caring enough to voice our opinions on how to fix the endless loop of Cowboys season failures.

Hopefully this is the Cowboys year, but if it is not, I am sure a lot of Cowboys fans will know how to fix it, and will be glad to share their solutions with other Cowboys fans.

It took 359 days into 2021 to get the post of the year.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I refer to the extremes as “emotional insurance.” For the people who take out “negative insurance,” they get to rejoice if the team wins or say “I told you so” if they lose. The “positive insurance” crowd gets to chastise everyone else for being “bad fans” when the losses pile up. Either way, it’s a form of protecting feelings.