FEATURED The life of online Cowboys fans

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate people that leave un-eaten bacon on a plate..other than that, I don't hate any player or any forum member

The. "hate" term has now supplanted "amazing" as the most overused word. I can only blame the teenage girls for setting the trends picked up by some adults....damn those Taylor Swift fans...
That is sacrilege. Like there's no room for one more bacon? :mad:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love it when the bottom dwellers don’t like me.
It's not that I don't like you.

I don't like that you make such grand assumptions...judging people....based on a few comments on the internet.

As other have said...you just keep proving people right with your replies. It's not hate just fact. As you say...the truth hurts and it applies to all of us even you.

Let's talk football instead of judging people....what do ya say?

Soth

Reaction score
The site would improve by a factor of 10 if people would stick to talking football instead of arguing about whether someone’s post is negative or positive. If someone thinks Dak sucks, explain why you think differently instead of saying the poster sucks because he thinks Dak sucks.

Your post is too negative.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What's funny is that some fans/posters think this is new, I can assure you it is not.

The only fans that hate on Cowboys fans more than fans of other teams, mainly the East, are other Cowboys fans. Before the internet was even a gleam in someone's eye, this was going on.

Blaming everything on the Cowboys not being good, including the refs' bias and the NFL, in general, is nothing new. Accepting that another team is just better has been a struggle for a lot of Cowboys fans I have known. They have to have an excuse for not being as good.

This ongoing "26 years of hell and misery" is the funniest part of all of this. What other fandom had 20 winning seasons in a row and 8 trips in their first 35 years?

The best way to not get frustrated is to accept the fact that you are deserving of nothing in return for your fan loyalty. We choose to be Cowboys fans and that "26 years", had that all been bad? Is it really all 26 years because you didn't get a trip to the Big Dance?

The funniest part of all of this is the frustration when we all know who owns and operates the team. Some fans' frustrations are the direct results of expectations that deny the existence of the owner and his family. Hell, maybe some should be ecstatic with even the good years sprinkled in those 26?
Fans forget we were critical and complaining during our glory eras. We ran Meredith off early, wanted Landry fired before he won a championship and after. We benched Morton after he led us to our 1st SB.

This is what makes fans tick. We cheer , critique and complain all the way through. Just like watching a game.

And without critical thinking and discussion this site would be a ghost town with only silver lining circles of jerk fizzling out. Cheerleading doesn’t draw interest and dialogue which doesn’t translate to generating activity and ultimately revenue. This place would be a ghost town .

Before there was an internet we used to call in to radio shows and write letters to the editors to offer our congratulations, criticisms and suggestions.

But fans need to remember we built a championship culture here that the first couple generations of fans grew up with . And it was the basis for what this franchise would become representing its enormous fanbase and popularity.

If you’re looking for a fanbase without these type of expectations go to Detroit or Cleveland for example. They have tremendous diehard fans totally elated when they’re even in the hunt for the playoffs.

I’m a local fan . I attended games at our stadium that was less than 30 minutes from where I lived for most of my life. . I loved them before we ever had a winning season and would have been like a Diehard in Detroit or Cleveland. But fortunately we built something much more special . It became a way of life for many of us which you simply can’t take away.

And that will always be the Bar even if we realize that may not be the current reality as we’ve adjusted those expectations . But we know what greatness looks like. And it hadn’t look like it for a very long time which creates much frustration and disappointment while we realize there was never any guarantees it would continue.

I’m feel very fortunate I was part of the Golden Age of Dallas Cowboys Football growing up watching it all unfold . Wouldn’t trade if for anything . But we were never blindly following cheerleading fans even during the height of our success.

Texas is a state where football is king. The bulk couldn’t careless about some of the other major sports. And the Cowboys with their championship excellence creating this culture which attracted many of the fans from other parts of the country.

I recall when all of the home games weren’t even televised and why we begun attending the home games. I understand this has become more than just about a game anymore. My greatest hope during this down era ,as I’ve called it , is we’d lose some of this Americas Team following which I always agreed with Landry it placed a target on our backs. But it’s become part of who we are. And with that comes the attention , ridicule, trolling, hate,excessive criticism , etc.

I truly wish we were like other franchises where our following was more local and regional like it was in the early years as I believe we’d lose much of this unwelcome attention but there’s no going back now. It is what it is and we are what we are. And this current dysfunctional ownership hasn’t helped any with the stigma we’d like to lose. As a matter of fact it’s created an entire other set of circumstances to complain about beyond the normal football discussions.