FEATURED The life of online Cowboys fans

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
My issue is being branded "negative" for any issue you point out which needs working on. How is that negative? People are just so knee-jerk to calling things negative when they are actually constructive and forward-looking. Aren't we all head coach wannabees? Can't we use the board to have constructive conversation without being branded as negative or haters? The answer is no, we can't.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If not for members like you who feel the need to berate, belittle, harass, name call, and otherwise be a 100% turd to anyone who doesn't think like you do, there would never be a need for threads like this.

You should be encouraged to be a better person rather than being upset with the messenger for not agreeing that your way is the right way.
You’re the pot calling the kettle black.

johneric8

Reaction score
Negativity is a common form of expression on the interweb and especially on this forum, but there is no doubt that there are many many trolls among us throwing out unbridled hate which leads to consternation.. There is no shortage of participation trophies being handed out around here for nut rolling..

kskboys

Reaction score
To be fair, I was not calling anyone out, but rather pointing out that being on one end of the frustration spectrum is not really any different than being on the other end.

Both sides think they are right, so neither is really better or worse than the other.
Well stated.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
And you are the primary negative one.

Remember the old 'Blue and Silver lining' board at DC.com? Rock would have been an honorary member. The problem is he would have been there all by himself. Imagine all the threads he would have made and no one to talk to but himself.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's the unrealistic negativity that is toxic and takes over some threads. This is one of the best teams we have put on the field in 20+ years and we are going back to the big dance!

OGC.809ae5e9686a777beea3e9e3ccaa16fb
And a ton of the negativity is caused by the self monikered positive people attacking others.

Honestly, how do so many miss the crux of this thread?

kskboys

Reaction score
Remember the old 'Blue and Silver lining' board at DC.com? Rock would have been an honorary member. The problem is he would have been there all by himself. Imagine all the threads he would have made and no one to talk to but himself.
That was a riot. After a flurry of posting for about 3 days, it died.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And a ton of the negativity is caused by the self monikered positive people attacking others.

Honestly, how do so many miss the crux of this thread?
I would agree that there is allot of variability in the term "negative" used in this threads context.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I have an honest question -- have we ever had a past or present player or coach, or someone who represents them on the Zone?

I'm not sure I would ever reveal who I was if it was the case judging by the mob mentality on some posts. Imagine for example if Dak's brother, Tad, who Twitters all the time, were to post here with all the recent Dak bashing threads. LOL

I'm pretty sure some media members browse this board sometimes for ideas? Or is that a no too?

Praxit

Reaction score
..good one, Reality. You know, its not the negativity so much, as the posters easily confirmed opinions. Like resolute Dak Suck threads..lol. Simply not true.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the benefits of sites like CowboysZone is the advantage it gives individuals to vent. Mental health is a vital element of everyday life. Pent-up frustration is stress. It is detrimental. Does not matter how small or large an individual feels irritation, disappointment, dissatisfaction, annoyance, resentment, anger. Etc, etc. All of it is negative. It is not good for any human being.

What is positive about venting is the release of pent-up frustration. Coping is a powerful aid for personal well-being. CowboysZone delivers in that area. And has done so for a long time.

Thanks CZ.
Well said. The Doctor is in!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
To be fair, I was not calling anyone out, but rather pointing out that being on one end of the frustration spectrum is not really any different than being on the other end.

Both sides think they are right, so neither is really better or worse than the other.
Same coin, different side.