The Lions are asking for a first-day pick for Joey Harrington

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
The Lions are asking for a first-day pick for Joey Harrington.

The Dolphins, Bengals, Cowboys, Chiefs, Broncos, Seahawks, and Raiders are said to have shown interest. Wow. That's seven teams willing to give Harrington another chance.

Mar. 29 - 9:51 am et
Source: Detroit News

THE GRYPHON

cleverusername

Reaction score
Gryphon said:

The Dolphins, Bengals, Cowboys, Chiefs, Broncos, Seahawks, and Raiders are said to have shown interest. Wow. That's seven teams willing to give Harrington another chance.

No Thanks, I'll Pass.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'd give him another chance. Not for a third, though. That's what they're asking for, but they'll settle for a fourth.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Not a first day pick .....maybe a 8th rd pick.:D

We don't have a fourth rd pick this year....we gave our 4th to Philly for a draft pick which we used for Canty.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt said:
I'd give him another chance. Not for a third, though. That's what they're asking for, but they'll settle for a fourth.

he isn't worth a 4th. the best they can hope for is a 6th that conditionally becomes something better if he doesn't suck.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Gryphon said:

He's not likely worth a 1st or 2nd, but I could see a team coughing up a 3rd rounder.

Personally I think we should just trade Henson for him straight up, he was a 3rd rounder and we'd be lucky to get a player that has shown something like Harrington in return.

Manster54

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
He's not likely worth a 1st or 2nd, but I could see a team coughing up a 3rd rounder.

Personally I think we should just trade Henson for him straight up, he was a 3rd rounder and we'd be lucky to get a player that has shown something like Harrington in return.

Henson would be a popular choice in Michigan.

cleverusername

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

In four years as a starter he hasn't shown much.

Rude

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Uh...we traded away a 3rd for Henson.

Harrington is worth more than Henson.

TY! I dont get how Harrington isnt worth a 4th or a first day pick but henson got a 3rd and we think we can trade romo for a 3rd or 4th?????

TheHustler

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Uh...we traded away a 3rd for Henson.

Harrington is worth more than Henson.

Why's that? Harrington is proven? Nope. Harrington is a leader? Nope. Harrington has progressed in the last 3 years? Nope.

Harrington couldn't succeed under a coach that made JEFF GARCIA a Pro Bowler.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Manster54 said:
Henson would be a popular choice in Michigan.

Precisely....it would out for both teams....we would get a reliable veteran back up and they would get a raw QB to develop.:cool:

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
cleverusername said:
In four years as a starter he hasn't shown much.

He has put up servicable numbers the last two seasons compared to 2002 and 2003 when he looked like a true bust.....I think we should make a run at him!

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Why's that? Harrington is proven? Nope. Harrington is a leader? Nope. Harrington has progressed in the last 3 years? Nope.

Nah...he's worth more because he has actually won a football game.

If Harrington isn't proven then what is Henson? Spin it however you want, Harrington's worth is more than Henson's.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
They're dreaming.

The market for Harrington was set with Ramsey, not Culpepper.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc said:
he isn't worth a 4th. the best they can hope for is a 6th that conditionally becomes something better if he doesn't suck.
4th conditional to a 3rd. Mark it down.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
They're dreaming.

The market for Harrington was set with Ramsey, not Culpepper.

He's improved a lot over the last 2 years, and he's played on what might be the worst franchise in the NFL his entire career....with a change of scenary this kid could be the next Bledsoe!

Don't be surprised if a willing suitor gives up a 3rd rounder or better to acquire him!

alsmith

Reaction score
:star: Harrington is worth a 4th when he gets away from the lions and the system and bad WR's, he might just be a very good QB...:star: