The Lions are asking for a first-day pick for Joey Harrington

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
We don't have a fourth so I guess it would take our third, I'd still do it. He's better then anything we have on the bench, if this is a true "run" year then we need insurance behind Bledsoe incase he goes down, a third is not too high imo. We could land gold or at very least we go out of this knowing we were atleast taking steps to insure our season.

jrumann59

Reaction score
All Harrington will ever be is Gus Ferotte, some that is servicable as a QB but you would be insane to build your team around him.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
All Harrington will ever be is Gus Ferotte, some that is servicable as a QB but you would be insane to build your team around him.
Or he could be a Steve Young. Well, his stats are better than Young's over the first four years at least.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
The Lions are asking for a first-day pick for Joey Harrington.

The Dolphins, Bengals, Cowboys, Chiefs, Broncos, Seahawks, and Raiders are said to have shown interest. Wow. That's seven teams willing to give Harrington another chance.

Mar. 29 - 9:51 am et
Source: Detroit News

THE GRYPHON

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :blind:

This has got to be a joke... I know Cowboys aren't going to give them a first day pick for a Quarterback that's not even proven..

Rumor

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Nah...he's worth more because he has actually won a football game.

If Harrington isn't proven then what is Henson? Spin it however you want, Harrington's worth is more than Henson's.

I agree with you, but I will still pass...Maybe a 5th....which is not gonna happen so who cares...

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
jrumann59 said:

who said we are building the team around him?

Bledsoe is the man the next 2-3 years as long as he's healthy and productive......Harrington is nothing more than a viable backup option, whether or not he can be the #1 guy in dallas won't be decided for a couple of years. But at least the young gunslinger can sit behind a veteran gunslinger and learn from the best! :bow:

burntricersx

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :blind:

This has got to be a joke... I know Cowboys aren't going to give them a first day pick for a Quarterback that's not even proven..

You do know that we gave up a 3rd round pick for unproven Drew Henson right?

And Harrington never had a solid o-line...we of all people should know what a shaky o-line does to a QB.

TooStupid

Talk is Cheap...Walk the Walk
Reaction score
Forget Harrington, Why not bring in McNair... As a vet he's more qualified to backup Bledsoe while Henson continually develops.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
burntricersx said:
You do know that we gave up a 3rd round pick for unproven Drew Henson right?

And Harrington never had a solid o-line...we of all people should know what a shaky o-line does to a QB.
Good point:bow:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TooStupid said:
Forget Harrington, Why not bring in McNair... As a vet he's more qualified to backup Bledsoe while Henson continually develops.
1. McNair has no upside AT ALL other than a 1-2 year backup. He won't do that. Harrington on the other hand is young and could be a possible long-term starter.
2. Give up on Henson. It's either he lights it up in NFLE or he's out.

TooStupid

Talk is Cheap...Walk the Walk
Reaction score
theogt said:
1. McNair has no upside AT ALL other than a 1-2 year backup. He won't do that. Harrington on the other hand is young and could be a possible long-term starter.
2. Give up on Henson. It's either he lights it up in NFLE or he's out.
The upside for McNair is another chance at the Superbowl it's either that for him or Baltimore... Where would you go? Sure it's not a move for the future, but I'm thinking about right now.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
TooStupid said:

McNair probably still believes he's a starter....I'd love to have him, but it would likely conflict with Bledsoe's interests.

I see Baltimore as a much better suitor given his history with that team when the titans and ravens used to be bitter division rivals. Also Brian Billick has always admired McNair's gritty play, might work since Boller is still pretty much a bust. ;)

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Trust me, this guy is going to be a damn good quarterback. He reminds me a little of Brett Favre. He doesn’t have to set his feet when he slings it to get the ball where it needs to go.”
—Cowboys safety Darren Woodson
[/FONT]

hmmmmmm

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
zrinkill said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Trust me, this guy is going to be a damn good quarterback. He reminds me a little of Brett Favre. He doesn’t have to set his feet when he slings it to get the ball where it needs to go.”
—Cowboys safety Darren Woodson
[/FONT]

hmmmmmm
Who is that referring to and what's the date?

BlueStar II

Reaction score
If we were to give up a pick for Harrington, it wouldn't be anything more than a 7th as far as I'm concerned, or pass on him altogether.