The Lions Asking Price Is Still Too High

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The pressure may be on tomorrow. Sam Hurd is gone for the year. The Offense just took huge hits with losses of Romo and Felix.

There is a decent chance Pacman could be suspended tomorrow because one condition of his reinstatement was no alcohol. Some reports indicate he was drinking last week.

Bringing in a player mid season is a risk. Even if he does come in a trade now, he will be getting time with Brad Johnson, not Tony Romo.

If the price comes down, it could still happen. If it stays where it is right now, Jerry will walk away.

There will be some speculation tomorrow that we asked about John Beck again too.

I am back to 50/50. The price can't be stupid. Jerry won't touch it for a 1st round pick. There will be all kinds of speculation again tomorrow.

Sorry I don't have more than that right now. I know of no specifics this time. Just that the price is too high.

juck

Reaction score
Hos would u give a #1?Im on the fence.I like him a lot,but he is no burner,but then again hes a big good WR ala TO.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2335778 said:
thanks for the update Hos

what exactly happened to Hurd?

High ankle sprain that requires surgery.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry should have made the deal earlier, now he is going to seem desperate and the Lions will try to fleece him, (something only Parcells gets away with).

I doubt it happens now, with the Lions. Maybe Jerry should call Mike Brown and ask about T.J. I read somewhere that Jerry has never dealt with the Bengals, so that may not hapen either.

BTW Mort said that he doubts Williams gets traded.

juck

Reaction score
How do they prove Pac was drinking though?There was no breathalizer.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
When did Hurd hurt his ankle?

Man, I hope Jones' suspension is only for a week. Any loss on defense becomes huge at this point...even depth.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
tomson75;2335807 said:
When did Hurd hurt his ankle?

Man, I hope Jones' suspension is only for a week. Any loss on defense becomes huge at this point...even depth.

Yeah, that would be a big blow if Jones got suspended. With Newman already out, we are thin as it is.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
juckie;2335791 said:
Hos would u give a #1?Im on the fence.I like him a lot,but he is no burner,but then again hes a big good WR ala TO.

I would do it..........there's no way you can find a better WR late in the first round of the draft, who has 4 years of NFL experience.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Well some news (or rumors) on Hurd is that he has a sprain that requires surgery.

Also Mort said, in a somber voice, that one of the stipulations of pacmans deal with the commish was to obey his probation. Some of the articles said that he was drinking, but I don't know how they can prove that without pacman admitting that he was drinking, a witness saying he saw pacman order a drink, OR a breath test.

We need something to happen tomorrow. Wonder what it will be...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our one is gonna be like a high two anyway .....

We would not be able to get a reciever of his magnitude in the 20's of next years draft ...

I say do it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hey Hos. Just out of curiosity where did you hear what the asking price is?

From the source you have? Just wondering.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2335814 said:
Our one is gonna be like a high two anyway .....

We would not be able to get a reciever of his magnitude in the 20's of next years draft ...

I say do it.

IDK depending on who comes out there are some pretty good JR WR's and red shirt sophomores.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is anything official on Hurd?

That really screws our kickoff coverage even worse.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
juckie;2335791 said:
No, I wouldn't. A 2nd I probably would even if it had a sweetener.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I still think we offer a #2 that can escalate to a #1 if we re-sign Williams to a long-term deal.

WR is one of the easiest positions to transition. The problem will be the timing between him and the QB . Since we have Brad in there now anyway I say we go for it.

Not to mention that a positive move like that would stop some of the bleeding and let everyone know that team is serious about winning now.