The Lions Asking Price Is Still Too High

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Ya I really don't see us trading for anyone to be honest I think they are going to sit and weather this storm with what we have.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I have been against this trade from the get go. But I'm coming around now as I see TO struggle to get room to roam in the secondary. If his salary is affordable, I say pull the trigger. You get a surefire hungry talent with professional polish and a desire to play in the state of Texas vs an unknown commodity that will be no better than a mid to late first round selection.

Go ahead and do it. If nothing else, it might help Brad by giving him another big fast target to throw to. Add Miles and Patrick in the slot or a 4wr look and that would be deadly if I was QB.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I know Roy would help, but I wonder if trading for him isn't akin to having your house ripped apart by a tornado, only to respond by going out and buying granite countertops. Sure, they're a nice edition, but do they really fix your problem?

Nexx

Reaction score
im telling with a decent QB and TO on the other side. Roy will make teams pay for doubling TO and pay on a consistent basis unlike austin and crayton.

jjalldaway21

Reaction score
RainMan;2337268 said:
I know Roy would help, but I wonder if trading for him isn't akin to having your house ripped apart by a tornado, only to respond by going out and buying granite countertops. Sure, they're a nice edition, but do they really fix your problem?

It makes it easier for Brad Johnson to step up and gradually gets into the offense until Romo comes back. But man, Witten/T.O./Roy Williams. It'd be like Arizona's WR corps with Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston.

But man we are spiraling out of control. Start of season we were the best team in the NFL. Now we are 3rd in the division, 7th in the conference, and have taken huge hits to our offense. And I don't even want to get started on our defense.

Something needs to happen to get our team fired up. Maybe this trade will be the spark, or a surprise firing.

But one thing is for sure is that if we don't get it together quickly, there will be no Superbowl run for us this year. Heck maybe even playoffs.

Spectre

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2335812 said:
I would do it..........there's no way you can find a better WR late in the first round of the draft, who has 4 years of NFL experience.
BINGO

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Noway I give up a 1st for Roy, that is freaking insane.

Guys, there is a very big possibility that this thing may go south in a hurry without Romo for a month (along with all the other guys hurt). We may not even make the playoffs, seriously.

That 1st next year could by in the teens, would you trade the 15th overall pick for Roy Williams?

No way in hell do I trade a pick that high for Roy Williams, especially since he is in the last year of his deal and there is no guarantee he would resign. Detroit is not going to give us permission to talk to him before a trade, so we have to trade blindly and hope he reups on a long term with us.

We could be trading a pick in the teens to rent Roy for half a year, that is just freaking ********!!!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2337314 said:

Guys, there is a very big possibility that this thing may go south in a hurry without Romo for a month (along with all the other guys hurt). We may not even make the playoffs, seriously.

That 1st next year could by in the teens, would you trade the 15th overall pick for Roy Williams?

No way in hell do I trade a pick that high for Roy Williams, especially since he is in the last year of his deal and there is no guarantee he would resign. Detroit is not going to give us permission to talk to him before a trade, so we have to trade blindly and hope he reups on a long term with us.

We could be trading a pick in the teens to rent Roy for half a year, that is just freaking ********!!!

Excellent points...I totally agree, there are more issues with this team than just the #2 WR...have people not been paying attention?

visionary

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2337314 said:

absolutely agree
this 'team' (thats a stretch right there) is not SB ready based on lack of discipline and leadership. they have the talent.
RW will not put us over the top.
We can sign him for no picks in the off season.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
juckie;2335803 said:
How do they prove Pac was drinking though?There was no breathalizer.

Exactly. They cannot suspend him just because some people thought he was drinking. That will never fly, I guarantee it.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
I agree about not using a 1st with injuries piling up, it could be a higher 1st than originally thought.

It seems the Lions could use help now. Let's package a WR (Crayton) to replace their hole caused by trading Roy, a LB that should do better in their 4-3 defense (Carp) and a 4th that will upgrade to a 3rd if we make it to the NFC champ. game (not bowl).

A quick question:
Does Brad run the scout team during practice?

If so, he might have a good feel/timing with Stanback and Amendola. Maybe bring Amendola up from the pratice squad for this reason and also to cover punts if the Pac gets any kind of suspension.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I hope they don't up the price to two #1 picks. Jerry just might fall for it.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
As far as the pick goes...the heck with it. Draft picks are iffy. You may or may not get a decent player with one. *cough*bobby*cough*

Trade it for a sure thing.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Hostile;2335841 said:
No, I wouldn't. A 2nd I probably would even if it had a sweetener.

Yea I'm leaning towards a 2nd for him also, the WR's that was taken 2nd in this years draft, other than D. Jackson really has not had an impact on their respective teams.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
adbutcher;2337417 said:
He is on suspension? For what?

Also, thanks for the updates regarding RW.
Banned supplements. Didn't pay attention to the list.