The Lions Asking Price Is Still Too High

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;2335820 said:
Hey Hos. Just out of curiosity where did you hear what the asking price is?

From the source you have? Just wondering.
I need to keep that private. Sorry.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2335856 said:

No problem.

I didnt realize there is an owners meeting going on through wednesday in florida. So those guys can be face to face with some of this stuff.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hostile;2335856 said:

Do you think it gets done.

can you give us that much?

Please Man,
My curiositiEs on
THE
sItuation will Not let me quit Fiddling with the idea of getting ROy Williams.

:D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;2335862 said:
No problem.

I didnt realize there is an owners meeting going on through wednesday in florida. So those guys can be face to face with some of this stuff.
There is?

I didn't know that either.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2335886 said:
Do you think it gets done.

can you give us that much?

Please Man,
My curiositiEs on
THE
sItuation will Not let me quit Fiddling with the idea of getting ROy Williams.

:D
I think the Lions are stupid if they don't trade him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought we needed to upgrade our #2 WR spot all along. With Hurd out we may need to acquire one just for depth. I'm not ready to count on Stanback or one of the practice squad guys yet. Jerry is a deal maker. Tomorrow should be interesting.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I doubt anything happens not that Jerry will be trying to wheel and deal for Roy

although I'm hoping like hell

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Amendola get a shot.

He runs decent routes and is able to get a little wiggle room. Would be a nice addition and small target for brad to work with on some short-intermediate routes.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I like Roy, but I wouldn't give a one for him.

If this season turns out as badly as many seem to expect, that could be a mid-to-high #1. We could get a great defensive lineman or LB with that pick. Or even trade down and get two players. After taking RBs, corners, and TEs last draft, I think we need linebackers, DT, or OL this year -- up front guys.

Besides, I seriously doubt they franchise him. We might get him for no draft picks later.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Now is not the time to be trading drFT PICKS. Forget it. Do not give up that 1st or 2nd rd pick. If they want Bobby Carp that is ok.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
ninja;2336035 said:
Now is not the time to be trading drFT PICKS. Forget it. Do not give up that 1st or 2nd rd pick. If they want Bobby Carp that is ok.

Let me guess? Hit the "caps lock" key instead of the "a" key?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2335772 said:
The pressure may be on tomorrow. Sam Hurd is gone for the year. The Offense just took huge hits with losses of Romo and Felix.

There is a decent chance Pacman could be suspended tomorrow because one condition of his reinstatement was no alcohol. Some reports indicate he was drinking last week.

Bringing in a player mid season is a risk. Even if he does come in a trade now, he will be getting time with Brad Johnson, not Tony Romo.

If the price comes down, it could still happen. If it stays where it is right now, Jerry will walk away.

There will be some speculation tomorrow that we asked about John Beck again too.

I am back to 50/50. The price can't be stupid. Jerry won't touch it for a 1st round pick. There will be all kinds of speculation again tomorrow.

Sorry I don't have more than that right now. I know of no specifics this time. Just that the price is too high.

Thanks for the update. I'm interested in Roy but only at the right price.

JPM

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2336091 said:
too bad we don't have Dexter Coakley
We could get Calvin Johnson and Roy for Coakley !