The list of complaints against Dak is shrinking

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not down playing nor am I wrong. You can lie to yourself...easily it seems. I am not a liar....I speak the truth and facts.

This team needs to carry out the mission all the way to the end. Fully and completely capable. Now...it's time to see it through.

Carry on with your nonsense. Doesn't bother me one bit. I've been a fan WAY longer than you...and I won't let the likes of a psycho tell me what kind of fan or how good of a fan I am....I know.
Didn't call you a liar, just ignorant.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not down playing nor am I wrong. You can lie to yourself...easily it seems. I am not a liar....I speak the truth and facts.

This team needs to carry out the mission all the way to the end. Fully and completely capable. Now...it's time to see it through.

Carry on with your nonsense. Doesn't bother me one bit. I've been a fan WAY longer than you...and I won't let the likes of a psycho tell me what kind of fan or how good of a fan I am....I know.
You must be old as dirt then which explains the "get off my lawn" attitude.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I used to have a lot of complaints about Dak. Legitimate ones. The only one left last year was strangely poor accuracy behind the LOS and very short. I don't remember that being a problem this year.

Dak just keeps improving himself.

Amen brother.. the swing passes and the dump offs were dicey last year.. He undeniably has cleaned that up. He has completed 15 of 16 targets to backs so far this season. Safe to consider that particular hole in his game closed. Whatever work he did this offseason when he could ONLY throw the ball seems to have worked. Perhaps he needs to incorporate some wheelchair work into his regular regimen.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I did some further research and the only 4 times that Dak has won a game without a running game was against the worst team in the league in the last few years. They are the Lions, Falcons, Eagles, and Giants.

You think Dak would score 33 touchdowns in his rookie season while having the worst O-line in the league like Herbert? Dak struggle with a bad O-line and no running game. Hell Jared Goff beat the Chiefs (Greatest MNF game of all time), Saints (NFCCG), and the Vikings (TNF best perfect passer rating game in history) without a running game.

Sorry not sorry, Dak can't win games without a running game. The Cowboys are the most complete team in the NFL this year so of course Dak is going to look good. Stafford, Herbert, Mahomes, Rodgers, Murray and others don't need a run game to win games.

Your stats don't matter because Herbert is a 2nd year player in a brand new system with a new headcoach and OC. Even the Chargers defense don't have an identity until their 4th game into the season. See what I mean when you take stats without context? We are a contender with Dak as QB but if we had Herbert, we are SB favorite, and that is the differences. How confident are you if something were to happen to our running game? Dak has never shown the ability to win games with a running game except against the worst team in the league. Yet somehow he better than every other QB in the league? What planet are you living on, it one thing to be a fan of the team, its another to be realistic about the situation.

You know Jared Goff would still look really good if Gurley didn't get injure.

I'm sorry it bothers you so much that Dak is better than Herbert,.,. Well actually no I'm not.. You writing a long winded treatise declaring different does nothing for me nor anybody else for that matter. And all your excuses for why Herbert isn't better... waaah he doesn't have a good running game.. waaaah he has a new OC .. waaaah he has a new head coach.. waaah he doesn't have good receivers... Here's a tissue.. now go cry to somebody who cares..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
it fits the argument. now Cooper is being touted as a top 3 WR along with Lamb and Gallup...all top 10 in his mind so he can make an argument. in the meantime Cooper didn't make top 15.
It’s ridiculous man and now he’s trying to tell me Keenan Allen isn’t as good smh. All for argument sake.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Poor Dak quarterback haters will have to wipe "winning against good teams" off their troll list.

Aulac

Reaction score
I'm sorry it bothers you so much that Dak is better than Herbert,.,. Well actually no I'm not.. You writing a long winded treatise declaring different does nothing for me nor anybody else for that matter. And all your excuses for why Herbert isn't better... waaah he doesn't have a good running game.. waaaah he has a new OC .. waaaah he has a new head coach.. waaah he doesn't have good receivers... Here's a tissue.. now go cry to somebody who cares..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Herbert outplayed Dak at Sofi. Herbert had 2 touchdowns that was called back because of penalty by his offense that wasn't his fault. So how did Dak outplayed Herbert again? Hell we need a 56 yarders to beat the Chargers who defense has not even came together yet.

If you are just happy with being "good enough" than Dak is your guy. If you want an elite QB that can carry his team without a running game, you look elsewhere. But don't be a homer like Michael Irvin and say that you wouldn't want anyone else on the Cowboys other than Dak. That is as bias as it get.

You didn't refute the fact that Dak can't win without a running game other than against the 4 worst team in the league. For majority of Dak's career, he has a running game. Please refute it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Strangely enough, that seems to be my biggest problem with Dak this year. There have been 3 pass plays already near the goal line that if thrown better would have allowed the receiver to turn and get the ball across for the score. 2 of the passes were to Zeke (1 he had to jump up and get both feet in bounds just to catch the ball, and the other a TD was overturned because he was down before ball crossed line) and the 3rd was on the 2-point conversion that got overturned.

Short passes, particularly to the backs, seemed to be his remaining issue in 2019-2020. Guess I missed I forgot about the instances this year. Oh well. I've got to believe that it's easier to fix your 5 yard pass than your 50 yard pass.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Amen brother.. the swing passes and the dump offs were dicey last year.. He undeniably has cleaned that up. He has completed 15 of 16 targets to backs so far this season. Safe to consider that particular hole in his game closed. Whatever work he did this offseason when he could ONLY throw the ball seems to have worked. Perhaps he needs to incorporate some wheelchair work into his regular regimen.

Someone else said he saw a couple of bad ones to Zeke. Don't know how that squares with 15/16, but it sounds like the numbers are way down, and feels that way to me too. Dak improves. That's gold in a QB if you can *keep* him for years.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
4 touchdowns but only 188 yards. That is game managing stats. I watched the highlight since I had work and it mostly Zeke and Pollard that did mot of the work. Our run game is even better than 2016.

Maybe if you watched the game your observations would be more credible. Dak’s pass to Cooper was a laser - A Rogers, Mahoney, Wilson level pass. It also was a big momentum play that broke the game open and we never looked back. Dak also fired a nice strike to Wilson. He was far from a game manager - he was a playmaker. As usual, stats don’t tell the whole story.